Former Jet Kris Jenkins defends Paula Deen's racist comment

drocksthaparty

Just like anyone else who gets fired for saying or doing something stupid.... its sad that people are constantly out trying to destroy people's lives & work because of something stupid they say or do.

Its sad companies flee as far away and as quickly as possible so they dont get caught up in the mess.

its sad America is full of pussies who cant take anything anymore and just love to be offended by everything.

As I told my wife tonight, just wait a few years & we'll have laws where you can be sued or jailed for being mean or saying hurtful or hateful things... its happening all around the world and will be here soon enough.

And... do you really think any real white southern woman hasnt said the ______ word multiple times a day?  ( i dont like saying the "n" word... its stupid.  everyone knows what you mean & its just another way to get to say the word)

This is the Gleason thread all over again.

From what I gather, she was saying a lot of this stuff really recently, stuff in really poor taste: including the talking about an idea for a pre-Civil War wedding party where black people were slaves. I don't think she should be fired for something she said 40 years ago, but if she's saying this stuff now and her employees are suing her for it? She's a super public face of a huge brand, she'd be on thin ice even if her ratings weren't falling off, but supposedly they were.

declining ratings + stuff that hurts the brand = not renewing her contract.

not exactly hard to predict.

PS: her food sucked, so good riddance.

This is the Gleason thread all over again.

From what I gather, she was saying a lot of this stuff really recently, stuff in really poor taste: including the talking about an idea for a pre-Civil War wedding party where black people were slaves. I don't think she should be fired for something she said 40 years ago, but if she's saying this stuff now and her employees are suing her for it? She's a super public face of a huge brand, she'd be on thin ice even if her ratings weren't falling off, but supposedly they were.

declining ratings + stuff that hurts the brand = not renewing her contract.

and honestly, even though i wish companies would stick it out during toughh times, its fully within their right to terminate someone (or not renew a contract) for just cause.  Biggest problem I have is companies never try to see if there even will be any sort of bad blowback that will hurt them or if it might benefit them in the end.  They may be causing themselves greater damage by alienating fans/customers by their actions.  but they'll never know because theyre too scared.

Archived