Tomlinson: Rex once said "I'm gonna punch [Belichick] in the face"

Jetsfan80

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Rex a Tom Brady and see what happens.

ETA: and drafting Brady, like all late round draft picks, was luck, not proof of BB's genius. If they were true geniuses they would have drafted Brady in the first round, not let him drop all the way to the sixth where any other team could have picked him up at any point.

Are you denying that the first 4 yars's of BB showed continued improvement., While RR has shown decline? 

BB straight up for 4 years and RR straight down?  Yes I deny that.  Do you deny that BB had one good year in Cleveland and 4 sh*tty ones?  What did he ascend?  The heights of 7-9? He had one ******* good year in Cleveland and he lost that team completely -  I don't think he was losing to the (eventually) 4-12 Jaguars in October because of Modell's election day announcement. 7-9 was his 2nd best record in Cleveland. My ******* hero.

BB straight up for 4 years and RR straight down?  Yes I deny that.  Do you deny that BB had one good year in Cleveland and 4 sh*tty ones?  What did he ascend?  The heights of 7-9? He had one ******* good year in Cleveland and he lost that team completely -  I don't think he was losing to the (eventually) 4-12 Jaguars in October because of Modell's election day announcement. 7-9 was his 2nd best record in Cleveland. My ******* hero.

He inherited a 3-13 team. What did Rex get?

You may be too young or naive to remember the 1995 Cleveland Browns story. I would suggest you watch "A year in the Life" devoted to that season, and understand better what happened.

I'm 41. 

I remember. I also remember that Modell didn't announce until November. 

As 27 mentioned above, what is BB's excuse for losing to a pathetic Jags team a month earlier?

You said earlier in this thread that great coaches find a way. Why the hell didn't Belichick?

Are you denying that the first 4 yars's of BB showed continued improvement., While RR has shown decline?

Haha! Belichick went 6-10, 7-9, and 7-9 in his first three years, and 5-11 In his last. Quite the build. Meanwhile, I guess Rex had "shown decline" because he won more more playoff games in his rookie year as a head coach than Belichick won in five years in Cleveland. His one losing season out of four is clearly much worse than Belichick's four losing seasons out of five.

I'm sure there's logic and reason in there someplace.

AGENDA.  They went 9-6-1 the year before that.  Keep moving the target.  Belichick either got lucky with Brady or learned from his mistakes, but you wouldn't have given him that chance.  Admit it and move on.  6-10 and back to back 7-9 seasons is not exactly "ascending"

The record got BETTER. Which you want from a coach.

How is Rex doing in that dept?

Haha! Belichick went 6-10, 7-9, and 7-9 in his first three years, and 5-11 In his last. Quite the build. Meanwhile, I guess Rex had "shown decline" because he won more more playoff games in his rookie year as a head coach than Belichick won in five years in Cleveland. His one losing season out of four is clearly much worse than Belichick's four losing seasons out of five.

You fail to show the 11-5 year. hmmmmmmmm

There isn't but I'm sure he'll toss out some cliche. 

Both coaches had one 11-5 year. Rex has four playoff wins in four years, Belichick had one in five years in Cleveland. Rex has had one losing season with the Jets, Belichick had four in Cleveland.

What am I missing?

BRADY 

LUCK

RESIDUE OF DESIGN

Hmmmm.  You fail to mention that he GOT DISMANTLED by Pittsburgh in the Divisional round.  Crushed.  The Jets came back so you can blame Rex because if they came out stronger they might have won.  Belichick's team rolled over and got stepped on the whole game, so they lost to the better team. 

Haha! Yeah, Rex's teams are a little less prepared than Kotite's.

Objectivity. Window.

That's not what I said.  I said that Kotite's teams were totally unprepared and untalented.  Thus they really never had a chance to win.  Rex's teams have been talented and supposedly coached up (prepared), plus if he's supposedly such a great motivator, so there is no good reason the team should not show up in the first half, and sometimes for whole games.  The only possible explanation is that Rex doesn't have the pulse of the locker room, can't see that they're flat or not properly fired up, and should have done something to shake them and get their attention.  That didn't happen under Edwards, Mangini or any other HC the Jets have ever had.

Laugh, be smarmy and sarcastic all you want, but it's fact.  You're wrong.

That's not what I said.  I said that Kotite's teams were totally unprepared and untalented.  Thus they really never had a chance to win.  Rex's teams have been talented and supposedly coached up (prepared), plus if he's supposedly such a great motivator, so there is no good reason the team should not show up in the first half, and sometimes for whole games.  The only possible explanation is that Rex doesn't have the pulse of the locker room, can't see that they're flat or not properly fired up, and should have done something to shake them and get their attention.  That didn't happen under Edwards, Mangini or any other HC the Jets have ever had.

Laugh, be smarmy and sarcastic all you want, but it's fact.  You're wrong.

It didn't?

LOL!  This one is even better!  

The team "failed to show up for more games under Ryan than any other coach" but they had a coach for two seasons that had his team "totally uprepared."   How about Herm? I suppose that was all on Pennington?  How many games did they show up for in 2005?  Oh, injuries? Good one. I'm not sure who is worse, you or Dierking, but you take a coach that has problems that EVERYONE can acknowledge and act like he is the worst coach the team has ever had.  There is almost no possible scenario where he is any worse than the 3rd best head coach the team has ever had.  Doesn't mean they should keep him, but your comments are beyond laughable. 

Like slats you either have reading comprehension issues, or just are twisting things to suit your agenda.  Herm's teams showed up.  They weren't flat, they just weren't good due to poor coaching and lack of talent at key positions.  Herm was a total doofus, but In spite of that, they showed up and played hard.  They weren't like Rex's team that maybe only 1 or 2 players are busting their ass and the rest are going through the motions.  Rex is a very good or great DC, yet his defense has often been the major culprit that hasn't shown up for games.  The offense often didn't show up either under Schittenheimer, particularly following bye weeks.  He admitted that he overthought things during bye weeks.  Rex opted to keep Schittenheimer as OC, so he bears the responsibility for that as well.

Like slats you either have reading comprehension issues, or just are twisting things to suit your agenda.  Herm's teams showed up.  They weren't flat, they just weren't good due to poor coaching and lack of talent at key positions.  Herm was a total doofus, but In spite of that, they showed up and played hard.  They weren't like Rex's team that maybe only 1 or 2 players are busting their ass and the rest are going through the motions.  Rex is a very good or great DC, yet his defense has often been the major culprit that hasn't shown up for games.  The offense often didn't show up either under Schittenheimer, particularly following bye weeks.  He admitted that he overthought things during bye weeks.  Rex opted to keep Schittenheimer as OC, so he bears the responsibility for that as well.

This is even funnier than the last one.  Not sure where you get your facts, but in 2005 the Jets didn't play hard.  They showed up in the sense that they went on the field and played 60 minutes, but they didn't play hard.  Ryan bears ABSOLUTELY NO blame whatsoever for Schottenheimer.  It is widely known that he was forced to keep Schottenheimer. Sorry that doens't fit your agenda.  Now, go back to explaining the difference between "prepared" and "show up". No hypocrisy there. 

Hmmmm.  You fail to mention that he GOT DISMANTLED by Pittsburgh in the Divisional round.  Crushed.  The Jets came back so you can blame Rex because if they came out stronger they might have won.  Belichick's team rolled over and got stepped on the whole game, so they lost to the better team. 

Whose point are you trying to make with this?

This is even funnier than the last one.  Not sure where you get your facts, but in 2005 the Jets didn't play hard.  They showed up in the sense that they went on the field and played 60 minutes, but they didn't play hard.  Ryan bears ABSOLUTELY NO blame whatsoever for Schottenheimer.  It is widely known that he was forced to keep Schottenheimer. Sorry that doens't fit your agenda.  Now, go back to explaining the difference between "prepared" and "show up". No hypocrisy there. 

Does he bare any responsibility for Sparano? 

Archived