Recalibrating Expectations

jay_psg

The Jets were 6-10 last year with the worst QB play in the NFL.  The Giants are 0-6 with the worst QB play in the NFL this year.  The difference is that the Jets D last year was good and the Giants D this year is horrendous.

Thus, if the QB play improved for the Jets they were easily in the 7-9 to 9-7 range this year with a decent schedule.

The Jets were 6-10 last year with the worst QB play in the NFL.  The Giants are 0-6 with the worst QB play in the NFL this year.  The difference is that the Jets D last year was good and the Giants D this year is horrendous.

Thus, if the QB play improved for the Jets they were easily in the 7-9 to 9-7 range this year with a decent schedule.

giants suck

It looks to me like anything can and probably will happen this year. Teams that were expected to dominate are struggling and those who were predicted to be bottom dwellers are in the middle of the pack right now. Realistically speaking the Jets are in desperate need of bonafide play makers on offense but they are better than we thought they would be at this point in time. Why? Because our opponents aren't as good as we thought they would be either. So many teams are struggling right now to find some kind of identity and consistancy on both sides of the ball. Sure we have a killer schedule for the next 4-5 games but these Jets can win any one of those games if they eliminate the sickening turnovers and penalties.

One of the great things that has helped our Jets is that so many believed all the negative and ugly writings from the talentless block of sports writers who cover the NFL. Rarely have you seen any one of them express a true individual thought or concept when writing about the Jets. Why is that? Because they didn't think the team stood a chance and also because they truly believe that Rex is the clown they try so hard to portray him as. I've spoken all along about my hatred for these writers and the inarticulate and lazy way they produce their articles week to week. But in the long run they may well be the reason why these Jets do have a stronger season, even the other players from our opponents believe that the Jets are as bad as these fools write them off to be. So keep reading the b.s .hype guys while our Jets continue to play the game as good as they possibly can. 

Now I know full well that things can go south starting with tomorrows game, we could see a quick return to the error prone ways that cost us both games so far, going forth and expecting Geno to play like a seasoned vet is beyond reality, but expecting him to outplay   the competition on a weekly basis is within the realm of possibility only because we have a defense that can destroy the other teams QB and force them into multiple errors. So we must see our defensive front seven dominate game after game and for the rest of the team to catch lightening in a bottle.

Archived