Rex's presser..... considering benching Hill?

joewilly12

791ddd788bd57ed8a32e18cf3b6ae253_normal.
Geno: "In the NFL, everyone’s job is on the line. Every single person. And that’s day to day. No one’s job is 100 percent secured."
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist

Geno not worried re: job security. "That’s up to the coaches. I just go out there, perform as best as I can + leave that in (their) hands."
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist

headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal.jpg
RT @SethWalderNYDN: Concerned time is running out to prove you can be a franchise QB? Geno: "I haven’t seen a timer on that, so no I don’t …
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist

Pelzman_normal.jpg
RT @benshpigel: Love this, from Sheldon Richardson, about Geno: "He’d rather throw touchdowns to us than the other team.”
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist

Is Geno worried time is running out to prove he can be long-term QB? “I haven’t seen a timer on that, so no I don’t have any concerns" #jets
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist

RT @SethWalderNYDN: Any positives to take away? Geno: "None of them. Nothing. We lost bad and a lot of those mistakes were on me." #nyj
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

Pelzman_normal.jpg
But they're favored in Skee-Ball RT @BrianCoz: Jets are 3.5 point underdogs to the Ravens this week. #nyj
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

bc_normal.jpg
Jets are 3.5 point underdogs to the Ravens this week. #nyj
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist

Pelzman_normal.jpg
Matt Simms said he and his teammates expect Geno Smith to bounce back from bad game because he's done it before.
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist

Pelzman_normal.jpg
RT @StephenCLorenzo: Simms: "I was asked to go in because of the situation and that’s all...I’m still the backup, I support Geno…" #Jets
2h
Beat Writer / Columnist

•  
  •  
  •  

Rex: "We know we have to play better…that’s not hard to figure out. Our fans deserve better and we’re certainly going to play better.”
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist

bc_normal.jpg
Rex: "We know our fans deserve better. We certainly are going to play better." #nyj
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

79c0133ddcee58fa331a3f815d92b122_normal.
Rex praises #Bills' defensive game and how they disrupted #Jets. Says offense made enough big plays throwing ball downfield.
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist

My neighbor just said he heard this on WFAN is it true if it is its about time he's not the player we thought he was or would be when we drafted him.

How long is it going to take Hill to be part of this offense? Hes had more than enough of an opportunity here.

Hill would be cut on many other NFL teams.

Tenacity is not always a virtue. 

Rex says he's "watched the tape" and "without question, Geno's going to start this game" vs. #Ravens. #Jets
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist

"I've watched the tape, i put myself thru it again + i think, without question, Geno will start this game." -- Rex Ryan
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist

bc_normal.jpg
Rex says he's sticking with Geno as the starter this week. Says they could consider giving Simms some 1st team reps in practice #nyj
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist

Rex says he's "comfortable" with Simms as the No. 2 QB behind Geno. Says "it's a possibility" Simms could get more reps in practice.
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist

1e13160b018bca98ba103f3af65e6204_normal.
Will Matt Simms get more reps in practice with first team this week? "That's a possibility," Rex Ryan says.
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

Matt Simms remains the No. 2 QB. Rex said it's "a possibility" he could get more reps in practice this wk
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

Rex on Stephen Hill's disappointing season: "We've been expecting bigger things for Stephen. Quite honestly, it hasn't happened." #nyj
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist

bc_normal.jpg
Rex says Stephen Hill is nicked up, but admits the production from him has not been where they thought it would be #nyj
1h
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

Losing Kerley may be a bigger factor in Geno's obvious decline than any of us suspected.

Certainly stinks. Seems to be the only guy he really trusted. Hill is beyond terrible...he literally can't play football. His instincts are on par with Gholstons...he'll be a cut next training camp imo...

Certainly stinks. Seems to be the only guy he really trusted. Hill is beyond terrible...he literally can't play football. His instincts are on par with Gholstons...he'll be a cut next training camp imo...

Word. He gets bullied off of his spots so easily and every DB in the league knows it. He plays at one speed, too. I was watching Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas yesterday. I couldn't believe they were all from the same program.

Archived