The "Mount Rushmore of Quarterbacks": Is it incomplete?

Jetsfan80

Otto Graham was the most dominant QB of all time and don't give me the different era sh*t because every era's different. Heck every QB record will be broken over the next 10 years the way the sport's going. 

Otto also only played from 1950-55.  Most dominant QB over a 5 year period?  Absolutely.  But overall, Peyton and Brady will have each won well over 150 regular season games apiece during their careers, while Otto sits at 57.

Interesting Peyton stat: in his one run to a title, he threw 3 TDs vs 7 INTs. Even Dilfer did better than that.

Another interesting Peyton stat:  His QB rating in the postseason (88.4) is better than Tom Brady's (87.4).  Hence why this debate goes around in circles. 

Mount Rushmore of MLB Players (non-pitchers):  Mays, Aaron, Ruth, Williams

(Pitchers may also be incomplete....Koufax, Pedro Martinez, Walter Johnson, and?.....)

Mount Rushmore of NBA:  Jordan, LeBron, Russell, Magic

Cannot argue with the Rushmores.

Not knowing whats coming anymore has nothing to do with it

I agree.

A higher winning percentage.  In the 6 seasons since they were busted, they have 6 winning seasons, 5 division championships, 4 AFC Championship game appearances and 2 Superbowl trips.  One great catch and another ridiculous catch is th eonly thing keeping them away from a title.

Keep your tinfoil hat fixed prominently on top of your head and keep saying it was the cameras.  :rl:

Know what sucks about all this for us (and the Bills and Dolphins)?  From 1998-2002, the Colts were in the AFC East.  When they left in 2002, Tom Brady's career as Patriots QB was already underway.  Meaning for the past 15 years, we've had to face two of the top 5 QB's of all-time MORE than 2 times per season, on average.

The Football gods owe us with a QB one of these days.

Otto also only played from 1950-55.  Most dominant QB over a 5 year period?  Absolutely.  But overall, Peyton and Brady will have each won well over 150 regular season games apiece during their careers, while Otto sits at 57.

Yes.  Anything that doesn't happen in the NFL doesn't count.  Who the **** do Marion Motley, Joe Namath and Lance Alworth think they are?

Yes.  Anything that doesn't happen in the NFL doesn't count.  Who the **** do Marion Motley, Joe Namath and Lance Alworth think they are?

I'm not knocking him for playing before the Merger.  I'm knocking that his career was only 5 years in length.  Peyton and Brady's win % are nearly as good as Graham's despite much longer careers. 

I don't think even Otto Graham played in the NFL before the color barrier was broken.  They also played in a league with 12 teams instead of 32 where you aren't facing the 40th best CB on any given Sunday.

They had to be the toughest guy on the field to survive

The clothesline hits and graham was simply dominant

Modern qbs are spoiled pussies

Archived