Would you resign if your Idzik?

joewillie78

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Woody, FORCED you to take on Rex for at least 1 more year and possibly more with an extension, would you resign, knowing you basically have little to no power in the organization when it comes to the MAJOR decisions?

I would in a heartbeat.

Last year was the year to do this which would have been not taking the job, Idzik knows what he signed up for.

I also don't believe this is the case, your hatred for Rex is making you come up with conspiracy theories, maybe you, and the other Rex haters should turn your pitch forks at Idzik, because if Rex stays IMO it was his call!

Last year was the year to do this which would have been not taking the job, Idzik knows what he signed up for.

I also don't believe this is the case, your hatred for Rex is making you come up with conspiracy theories, maybe you, and the other Rex haters should turn your pitch forks at Idzik, because if Rex stays IMO it was his call!

Again, someone asked why us Rex "haters" find it hard to believe that Idzik believes his best option is Rex? and my answer is:

Because we thought Idzik was a smart guy.

Maybe I need to rethink that. We have already seen what having Rex as your head coach did for Mike Tannebaums career (what is he ? like some NFL network commentator), you would thin Idzik would recognize this and move on.

as someone on twitter said, maybe Woody, Rex, and Johnny all are on the same page about how to turn the Jets around without some kind of B-movie subplot going on.

Twitter is the dumbest place ever. It makes me long for the relative free thinking and individualism that existed on MySpace.

Twitter is the dumbest place ever. It makes me long for the relative free thinking and individualism that existed on MySpace.

Only thing worse that twitter, are the people that use every other digital forum possible to opine about how awful teh twitter izzz... LOL

as someone on twitter said, maybe Woody, Rex, and Johnny all are on the same page about how to turn the Jets around without some kind of B-movie subplot going on.

I know Woody and Rex are on the same page, but as far as "Johnny". I'm not so sure, especially if he looks art what Rex did for his predecessors career. I think the guy is blackballed in the NFL now.

I know Woody and Rex are on the same page, but as far as "Johnny". I'm not so sure, especially if he looks art what Rex did for his predecessors career. I think the guy is blackballed in the NFL now.

Lack of evidence isn't evidence.

Mangini? no.

No, Idziks predecessor. My whole reasoning for Idzik possibly resigning, besides Woody not letting him tie his own shoes, is that if he is "stuck" with Rex for 3 or 4 years, then he need only look at his predecessors (Tannenbaum) career curve, which is nearing rock bottom as an NFL network talking head.

No, Idziks predecessor. My whole reasoning for Idzik possibly resigning, besides Woody not letting him tie his own shoes, is that if he is "stuck" with Rex for 3 or 4 years, then he need only look at his predecessors (Tannenbaum) career curve, which is nearing rock bottom as an NFL network talking head.

Uh, no. Tannenbaum was a terrible GM. That is why he is no longer employed. He didn't know how to draft (relied entirely on his coaches, exhibit A: only good defensive players have been drafted since Rex was hired) and wasn't a "cap-ologist" hence the Jets dreadful cap situation this year.

Tanny works for a sports agency. It isn't as high profile as being a team executive, but he's doing fine.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323789704578444774252247906?mobile=y

This situation reminds me of the Carolina Panthers of last year, offensive struggles, quality defense, new GM takes over and HC is on the hot seat. Hope to have the same result, lol

Will the JETS have Cam Newton, or the better question is, will any QB that plays in REX's "system" be able to break out of the 62 QBR rut we have seen for 5 years?

Uh, no. Tannenbaum was a terrible GM. That is why he is no longer employed. He didn't know how to draft (relied entirely on his coaches, exhibit A: only good defensive players have been drafted since Rex was hired) and wasn't a "cap-ologist" hence the Jets dreadful cap situation this year.

When you say "relied on his coaches". dont you mean relied on REX? Who has drafted 0 starting pro-bowlers.

If this is true, then IDZIK should take any suggestion by REX, and immediately throw that in the toilet, as obviously Tanny listening to Rex didnt result in a prosperous ending for Tanny, did it?

Will the JETS have Cam Newton, or the better question is, will any QB that plays in REX's "system" be able to break out of the 62 QBR rut we have seen for 5 years?

Well if you think about it, Rex hasnt has a real quality OC to cover his offensive woes (Schotty & Saprano). I think Marty is a quality OC just has limited talent to work with this year. I hope Rex stays and if he does and him and Idzik can work together well in the off-season, I think the Jets will be in the playoff discussion next year.

Tanny works for a sports agency. It isn't as high profile as being a team executive, but he's doing fine.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323789704578444774252247906?mobile=y

Wow, and here I thought he was with NFL network, that career curve he is on had better start going the other way, as long term unemployment benefits have recently been cancelled.

Well if you think about it, Rex hasnt has a real quality OC to cover his offensive woes (Schotty & Saprano). I think Marty is a quality OC just has limited talent to work with this year. I hope Rex stays and if he does and him and Idzik can work together well in the off-season, I think the Jets will be in the playoff discussion next year.

Must be nice to have eternal optimism. I envy you.

Archived