Roids issue

PFSIKH

Do you care about the Roids issue?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you care about the Roids issue?

I really don't... mostly because I'm not trying to interview them when they get all roid raged out. If they wanna screw up their bodies and die early, that's their problem.

still doesnt make it fair :roll:

if your hitting power came out of a syrringe, you dont belong on the record books

still doesnt make it fair :roll:

if your hitting power came out of a syrringe, you dont belong on the record books

And that only matters to stat geeks and the media. I, as a fan, really don't care. I guess that can be linked to my standing as a Tigers fan, and they hold no records what so ever.

And that only matters to stat geeks and the media. I, as a fan, really don't care. I guess that can be linked to my standing as a Tigers fan, and they hold no records what so ever.

exactly, you just disqualified your opinion by admitting to being a Tiger fan

this also qualifies for Devilray and Rangers fans

exactly, you just disqualified your opinion by admitting to being a Tiger fan

this also qualifies for Devilray and Rangers fans

How does that disqualify me? Tigers have been around as long as the Sox and Yanks. Been around alot longer than the Mets. Have quite a few hall of famers. Just cause I don't agree with what you think doesn't make what I think any less valid.

It matters to me. Just because there are a good amount of guys who dont cheat, yet nobody recognizes them. Yet, all these guys who roid get all the attention and game when it's not fair. They are cheating, and I think those who cheat in anything should be punished.

I can understand the perspective of those who dont care because with the exception of us stat geeks and such, a lot of this stuff doesnt matter. But I honestly dont want this to go unpunished and unacknowledged when the next generation grows up. I want them to know that Maris' record was broke partly because of steroids. It should be noted in history.

It's simply not just that the Roger Maris's and Hank Aaron's get pushed aside by cheaters. I, personally, care because the guys who are breaking these records while pumping clearly illegal steroids into their veins are total scum bags, each and every one of them, and I have lost a lot of respect for major league baseball because of it. It's not just about the stat geeks. The integrity of the game is being destroyed, and kids aspiring to play are being given the wrong image about the game.

Agree with Brody on the Maris record but as to the question, no I don't care.

Roids were prominent throughout the MLB.

Balco just happened to be the candy store for the West Coast players.

No IRS investigation on Balco and all this would have been a dead issue. Most of us knew something was amiss when HR totals went up.

Lets just get the game clean and move along.

I can care less about the roids in baseball...I prefer FOOTBALL, the balls they use in baseball are WAY TOOO TINY, not like a FOOTBALL...now that is a MANS sport...

:roll::^o

the balls they HAVE in baseball are also tiny if the keep up the steroid use ;)

no records? Does Cobb's career hits records ring a bell? You know, the ones that lasted for 60 years. The Tigers have as big a history as both the Sox and the Yanks and have been around as long as the both have. They have more WS titles than the Sox do and more WS appearancest than both the Sox and the Mets. 10 years of below average play shouldn't take away from 100 years of history.

Cobb also has the Happy Gilmore-esque record of being the only major league player to jump into the stands and assault a man with no hands. :lol:

no records? Does Cobb's career hits records ring a bell? You know, the ones that lasted for 60 and 40 years respectively. The Tigers have as big a history as both the Sox and the Yanks and have been around as long as the both have. They have more WS titles than the Sox do and more WS appearancest than both the Sox and the Mets. 10 years of below average play shouldn't take away from 100 years of history.

Cobb also has the Happy Gilmore-esque record of being the only major league player to jump into the stands and assault a man with no hands. :lol:

Exactly... but at the current time, there isn't a Tiger who holds a record. Like I said :wink: Anyway, the Tigers have a great and storied history. And like you said bro, just cause they ran on a bit of horrible luck, doesn't mean they should be discounted. Hell, the year they lost 119 games, I went to the most games I've gone to in my life. I've been going to Tigers games since 87... I was about 6. That being said, I don't care about the roids issue. Why? Eh... call it desensitization. I've seen it on ESPN, Sportscenter (which I know is on ESPN), Outside the Lines, and on the radio adnaseum. Then the whole thing with Barry Bonds. I don't like the man, but it does seem like a freakin witch hunt with him. So no, I don't care about the media's agenda.

And the whole cheating thing is subjective. How so? Back in the Babe Ruth/Ty Cobb days, they weren't integrated. All of the African Americans were forced into either not playing or the Negro leagues. Then there was expansion. Not to mention the lack of the top Latinos you see now-a-days. Is taking steroids wrong? Of course. They're an illegal drug, which is probably the most important fact. They're a drug, and these people probably need help. God forbid any more sports players end up dying at an early age.

Archived