You WILL call me crazy, but there is a QB for us that we can definitely get.

ryaboisse

Hi JetsNation,

My name's Ryan. I live in Rhode Island, I am one of 3 or so Jets fans at my High School. I have gotten sh*t from the spoiled Pats fans for years, but get credit in that I keep rooting for the often laughing stock that is the New York Jets. Anyway enough about me, I wanna bring your attention to the QB who I like in this draft: Keith Price, University of Washington. I know. Your rolling your eyes; but hear me out: John Idzik had received terrible Draft grades when he took Russel Wilson in 2012, and rebuilt the Seahawks into the powerhouse they are during his tenure there. Keith Price best year was his Sophmore year, after that he lost talent around him and his numbers suffered. He had a slight rebound his senior season. He wasn't highly recruited out of high school, had to fight off a recruit with a serious and obvious label advantage, (Nick Montana). Yes. He's Joe Montana's son. He and Montana competed for the job of replacing Jake Locker, and Price won. Price played a mobile game. He was able to run for TD's and First downs, pass on the run, or outside the pocket. He has talent, be sure to look at some links down below. The best thing about him though is his confidence,poise, and hard-working attitude. He wasn't invited to Pro-day or the Combine. But despite this, he said to USA Today, "I talk to NFL scouts, and a lot of them see me as a long-term backup. Obviously, that's not my goal — it's to end up becoming a starter, and I'm pushing to that every day. It doesn't matter what team I end up playing for. I just know a team's going to get a steal and I'm going to work extremely hard, prepare myself as if I am the starter. I understand I'm going to have a long way to go, because the NFL is a different level of competition. But I'm up for the challenge." Please respond to this spiel, don't be too harsh please it's my first post. Here are some links:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2014/02/25/draft-diary-keith-price/5822849/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664997/keith-price

I'm not saying he's Russel Wilson, but I think a strong and confident passer like him is just one of his advantages. He seems to me to have more speed and velocity when he runs the Geno does. Geno just seems kind of slow and awkward to me. Confidence is key in my opinion, Sanchez didn't have it the last few seasons, and I don't know about Geno being a Leader. We have leaders on defense, we need a focused, vocal guy on the offensive side of the ball. It's just my opinion, you guys don't have to take it with a grain of salt. I just like the guy, he's better then Simms to me for sure. And if you think Simms is a viable starting QB option, then this guy should take Sanchez's spot on the depth chart, (Pending his possible departure) as a cheap developmental 3rd stringer.

• 3 weeks later...

I watch College games all year round. Keith Price is not a top prospect. He will not be drafted and be on someone's practice squad. Yes this year has a good crop of QBS. Obviously there is everyone's top 4 in Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles and Carr. Its funny how all of these homers like Mayock, Kiper and Mcshay never had Bortles anywhere on their big board. I told my son at the beginning of the year to watch this QB out of Central Florida. Watched him in last years bowl game and I said wow this is a QB to watch. He is my number 1 QB and should be 1st pick in the draft. So getting back to a QB to draft for the Jets either in 2nd or third. In 2nd Mettenberger or McCarron if they are still there. Mettenberger is getting better every year and he has the size and arm and McCarron is not your ordinary Alabama QB you seen the last few years. He has a better arm than usual and is pretty accurate. His best attribute is his intelligence and reminds me of Pennington. But better yet if you take the TE and WR in 1st and 2nd than draft Aaron Murray. You may even get him in the 4th and he will be well worth it. He is Drew Brees all over again. If he was taller he go in the 1st. What he has is toughness and a will to win. If you watch his games he never gets down on himself like Geno does and has the it factor. Watch two years ago against Alanbama in SEC championship game and you see this leadership and intensity. Another QB I like is Garrapolo but haven't watched many games he has played but he has a quick release. Needs more coaching and developing than Murray but I like him. So these are the 4 QBS I like for the Jets.

Archived