Death of the KO. NFL moves extra point back but KOs forward....-___-

CobraVerde

I love a kick off return. It's one of the more exciting plays of the game especially when a team is down and needs a game winner. At this point i think they should just get rid of them cause kickers are always going to kick the ball out of bounds unless there is weather at play and even then most of the time itll go out.

Yet this year they are moving back the extra point because they acknowledge that kickers are better than ever. If you know kickers are that good and you're so worried about concussions just get rid of them cause it's embarrassing seeing people line up to watch a ball get kicked out of bounds. 

totally sucks cause Westoff really built this respect for special teams and if Goodell is looking to tinker the game i wouldnt be surprised if he just eventually gets rid of ST....

I love a kick off return. It's one of the more exciting plays of the game especially when a team is down and needs a game winner. At this point i think they should just get rid of them cause kickers are always going to kick the ball out of bounds unless there is weather at play and even then most of the time itll go out.

Yet this year they are moving back the extra point because they acknowledge that kickers are better than ever. If you know kickers are that good and you're so worried about concussions just get rid of them cause it's embarrassing seeing people line up to watch a ball get kicked out of bounds. 

totally sucks cause Westoff really built this respect for special teams and if Goodell is looking to tinker the game i wouldnt be surprised if he just eventually gets rid of ST....

I thought preseason pilot,,are these moves in place for 2014 season also?

You selfish people. All you can think about is your enjoyment.

What about the poor NFL and their owners? NFL owners have to try so hard to make ends meet. So they have to eliminate plays that maybe exciting to fans but may result in injuries and preventing the NFL from such things as 18 game regular season OR expanded playoffs that helps make a few extra pennies for the owners. Every owner has to gotta eat.

I also do not like the KO return becoming irrelevant.  Seems like its just not football without it.  

If they stick with the PAT being moved backed, they should make it a live ball to encourage defensive pressure.  Block the ball and if the defensive team takes possession they can improve starting field position or even score.  Live ball is the way to go.

You selfish people. All you can think about is your enjoyment.

What about the poor NFL and their owners? NFL owners have to try so hard to make ends meet. So they have to eliminate plays that maybe exciting to fans but may result in injuries and preventing the NFL from such things as 18 game regular season OR expanded playoffs that helps make a few extra pennies for the owners. Every owner has to gotta eat.

Well Mr. Smarty Pants then I'd like to see you find another way of sneaking in upwards of a dozen (often more) reasons for commercial breaks per game. 

Yeah, you've got nothing. I thought so.

Archived