Geno not progressing, Really Really Really?

DRJETS

Keeping track at home, in the last few days alone Kleck has now compared Geno Smith to Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady and Matt Ryan.

One of these things is not like the others. 

Is there anyone, even the most ardent lovers/defenders of Geno Smith, that thinks his upside is at best more than an average game manager if he has some good targets and a solid running game? 

None of this is true. Do you know what the word "compare" means?

Matt39 brought up a terrible Brady stat and I made a comment about Tom Brady and Tom Brady alone. Neither Matt39 or myself mentioned Geno Smith at all. 

I don't believe I've mentioned either Matt Ryan or Andrew Luck at all on this board the last few days much less in this thread. 

And for like the fifth time, I did NOT compare Geno Smith to Peyton Manning as a football player. I was comparing Jets fans in 2014 to Colts fans in 1999. 

You're the only person who can not seem to grasp this. I can only imagine it is because you are walking around like this:

head-up-ass.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He clearly has progressed. It probably makes it more frustrating that he still hasn't cut out the inexplicable decisions. 

The inexplicable decisions seem to go down the more he has people who make plays for him.  When his playmakers get hurt-like Kerley last year and Decker this year-that's when he seems to revert to don't-have-a-clue.  He's pressing, trying to make something happen, and it usually leads to disaster if you do it too often.

Any QB needs people who can make plays.  Geno had Kerley last year and when Decker goes down, he's got Kerley this year.  That's it.  And Kerley is 5'8" and runs a 4.6.  He's a "good little player", the kind of gem who kills you when you least expect it.  Using him as your only receiving threat is putting him in the wrong place.

None of this is true. Do you know what the word "compare" means?

Matt39 brought up a terrible Brady stat and I made a comment about Tom Brady and Tom Brady alone. Neither Matt39 or myself mentioned Geno Smith at all. 

I don't believe I've mentioned either Matt Ryan or Andrew Luck at all on this board the last few days much less in this thread. 

And for like the fifth time, I did NOT compare Geno Smith to Peyton Manning as a football player. I was comparing Jets fans in 2014 to Colts fans in 1999. 

You're the only person who can not seem to grasp this. I can only imagine it is because you are walking around like this:

head-up-ass.jpg

Too late to take it back know my friend, your comparisons simply don't fly and I'll tell you why. All those very good and great QB's you are comparing Geno to, have all reached heights as a QB that Geno has never come close to. So when you point out the bad games, or a bad stretches of games of pro-bowl and hall of fame quarterbacks in an attempt to elevate or excuse Geno's general state of play, it rings hallow. Geno has never reached the level of a Tom Brady, or Payton Manning, hell he's never come close to a Matt Ryan, so to try and say "look the greats have sucked too" proves nothing except that great players can have poor games, it says nothing about Geno because he's never been great. The other poster is correct, one of these things is definitely not like the others.        

Too late to take it back know my friend, your comparisons simply don't fly and I'll tell you why. All those very good and great QB's you are comparing Geno to, have all reached heights as a QB that Geno has never come close to. So when you point out the bad games, or a bad stretches of games of pro-bowl and hall of fame quarterbacks in an attempt to elevate or excuse Geno's general state of play, it rings hallow. Geno has never reached the level of a Tom Brady, or Payton Manning, hell he's never come close to a Matt Ryan, so to try and say "look the greats have sucked too" proves nothing except that great players can have poor games, it says nothing about Geno because he's never been great. The other poster is correct, one of these things is definitely not like the others.        

g6yN1yp.png

Too late to take it back know my friend, your comparisons simply don't fly and I'll tell you why. All those very good and great QB's you are comparing Geno to, have all reached heights as a QB that Geno has never come close to. So when you point out the bad games, or a bad stretches of games of pro-bowl and hall of fame quarterbacks in an attempt to elevate or excuse Geno's general state of play, it rings hallow. Geno has never reached the level of a Tom Brady, or Payton Manning, hell he's never come close to a Matt Ryan, so to try and say "look the greats have sucked too" proves nothing except that great players can have poor games, it says nothing about Geno because he's never been great. The other poster is correct, one of these things is definitely not like the others.

Compelling, talk to me more about these "heights".

Archived