Going against the common theme lately, I'm rooting for the Jets tonight

GREENBEAN

It's been a pretty easy thing to get down on the team this season after beginning 1-5 and no one is happy about it (outside of the Rex haters group of course). 

The thing is our team, while seriously out manned most of the time, has played hard and been in ever single game outside of the Chargers. We lost every other game by one score for pete's sake.

At the beginning of the season we talked about coming out of this ridiculously difficult first half of the season 2-6 or 3-5 would be a good set up for the second half. 

Well here we are. 

We win tonight and it's on out there. Brady hates pressure and looks human when people are in his face. That also happens to be the one Jets strong suit right now. We're no where near out of this and while I am just as aware as anyone else how badly this sucks I'm not done rooting for the 2014 Jets.

We lose the next couple and it may be time to blow this thing up and start fresh.  But not yet. We win tonight and the whole thing turns around going into the Bills game with a long week. 

Let's Go Jets!!! 

How dare you bring rational thought over here ?

I know they kept it close, but ask yourself, in all seriousness, did you think we were winning? If you say "yes" you are lying to yourself and to me, and that hurts my feelings.

Oh god no, when I looked at the schedule I was sure that 1-6 was about a 90% chance.  When the games actually started, I was literally saying "what's going on here?  Why aren't the Lions/Bears/Broncos just dropping back and throwing bombs to take a 35-0 lead", but somehow they kept playing hard, and kept keeping it close.  At that point, I realized they were hanging with the elite QB's in the league, and I wished Idzik had at the very least, insisted on a real QB competition.  Sucks to watch them lose close games with the worst QB in the NFL "leading" the offense.  Could have stolen a win or two with the soft part of the schedule coming up.

Oh god no, when I looked at the schedule I was sure that 1-6 was about a 90% chance.  When the games actually started, I was literally saying "what's going on here?  Why aren't the Lions/Bears/Broncos just dropping back and throwing bombs to take a 35-0 lead", but somehow they kept playing hard, and kept keeping it close.  At that point, I realized they were hanging with the elite QB's in the league, and I wished Idzik had at the very least, insisted on a real QB competition.  Sucks to watch them lose close games with the worst QB in the NFL "leading" the offense.  Could have stolen a win or two with the soft part of the schedule coming up.

Vick was never going to make our QB position better. He's a turnover machine and would have been hurt after 3 starts.

If you want to blame Idzik for something, blame him for not getting a better veteran and not drafting a QB with one of this 12 picks, but don't blame him for the "fake competition" thing. Vick isn't as good as the frustrated with Geno narrative would have anyone believe, and Vick without head or heart invested in the job is even worse.

Vick is not the silver bullet.

I can't root AGAINST them I'm just not physically, or mentally able to DO that. All I can be is not so upset to see them lose, and definitely not let it get me depressed like it has in the past

Oh I hear that Sofla. THis sh*t used to ruin a whole week.  Not so much anymore

Common theme? Just because people are pissed that the team sucks doesnt mean that they arent rooting for them. 

I'm talking about the "blow up the regime" theme.   That is the opposite of rooting for the team to win. 

I understand that theme don't get me wrong and I find myself dreaming about the top pick but we;re at week six.  A little early for that to me. 

Vick was never going to make our QB position better. He's a turnover machine and would have been hurt after 3 starts.

If you want to blame Idzik for something, blame him for not getting a better veteran and not drafting a QB with one of this 12 picks, but don't blame him for the "fake competition" thing. Vick isn't as good as the frustrated with Geno narrative would have anyone believe, and Vick without head or heart invested in the job is even worse.

Vick is not the silver bullet.

Well, again...like a lot of the discussions on here it's one of those things we'll never know.  I'm not saying Vick would be Steve Young, just that I don't think he'd be the worst QB in the NFL.  He turns it over, but he also produces TD's.  But you're right, I would have definitely preferred bringing in a different vet and drafting a QB earlier with the 12 picks.

Well, again...like a lot of the discussions on here it's one of those things we'll never know.  I'm not saying Vick would be Steve Young, just that I don't think he'd be the worst QB in the NFL.  He turns it over, but he also produces TD's.  But you're right, I would have definitely preferred bringing in a different vet and drafting a QB earlier with the 12 picks.

I'm pretty confident that Vick wouldn't have done sh*t to help. 

In fact, it could have been even worse having Breno on his blindside, and Brick suddenly become the lead OT in the run game. What a mess.

I'm pretty confident that Vick wouldn't have done sh*t to help. 

In fact, it could have been even worse having Breno on his blindside, and Brick suddenly become the lead OT in the run game. What a mess.

You may be right....I may be crazy.

same and is that you with that Gibson?

yea that's my j200, I also have a Hummingbird and a really cool Super Dove is what it was called. I use 'was' because they stopped making them in 2012 and it's a thin line single cutaway acoustic/electric which my wife disconnected the Fishman pickup system that came with it and installed an LR Baggs pickup into it. The Baggs Pickups are the same ones that are in the sj200 and the Hummingbird and that guitar is amazing now bro. I'll send you a link with some YouTube videos-no with ALL of them actually-over a hundred, and you'll see all 3 Gibsons plus whatever else I'm using, a couple of Epiphones and Takemines

Oh I hear that Sofla. THis sh*t used to ruin a whole week.  Not so much anymore

How about the way you used to feel after a tough loss on Sunday night and then Monday almost all day, and then it would finally start to dissipate by dinnertime-you couldn't wait to get another game going and see if we could bounce back. 

The way it is now, I swear I busted out laughing wildly out loud as soon as that last interception happened and I saw that it was going to make Mayweather even richer and i started thinking about how his wife was probably already packing her jewelry into a bag to head over to mama's house to begin divorce proceedings and then WHAMMO!!!!!

Archived