Tanny hired as consultant to Miami Dolphins

Larz

this was news to me.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/ross-met-with-dan-marino-mike-tannenbaum-after-loss/

If getting blown out by the Patriots yesterdaywas the last act of the Joe Philbin era in Miami, it’s interesting to note who is helping owner Stephen Ross consider his plans for the future

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami HeraldRoss was seen after the game having conversations with Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino and former Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

According to the report, both Marino and Tannenbaum were seen near Ross’s helicopter after the game, and Tannenbaum flew back to New York on it with Ross. Marino flew back with the team on its charter flight.

Marino has said he wasn’t there to evaluate Philbin, but Ross probably wouldn’t have him hanging around to pick out carpet. He’s been around the team, attending practices and meetings, so he should have a decent gauge on the team’s pulse.

Tannenbaum’s inclusion is interesting, as he’s also hired as a “consultant” for the team.

Of course, he also works as an agent for Priority Sports, representing coaches and broadcasters. His contacts in the industry should give him a decent sense of who is available or interested if the Dolphins happened to make staff changes.

He represents at least three coaches who have been involved in recent searches elsewhere: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter and Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson.

At the moment, we’re not even sure there’s going to be an opening. But if there is, and those names pop up on the radar.

Whether any of those coaches get an interview — or if Tannenbaum dips into his Jets past to lure a certain big fish who is about to be available to Miami — it bears watching the men who have Ross’s ear.

sexy rexy to miami ?

Yeah, because it worked out so well the last time they worked together. Destroying the Jets...

They'll probably be looking at a guy like Mike Smith from the Falcons. They don't need a defensive minded HC. And I'm not sure Rex will even be given an opportunity to HC again next year.

Yeah, because it worked out so well the last time they worked together. Destroying the Jets...

They'll probably be looking at a guy like Mike Smith from the Falcons. They don't need a defensive minded HC. And I'm not sure Rex will even be given an opportunity to HC again next year.

If the Dolphins hire Mike Smith as their next coach, I will be sporting one of those 4+ hour erections that you need to consult a medical professional about.

Destroying the Jets? Like, almost reaching the SB? Twice? Glad our headcount keeps going up on clueless fans.

Destroying the Jets? Like, almost reaching the SB? Twice? Glad our headcount keeps going up on clueless fans.

You must be Tannenbaum Jr then? Good to meet you. How is your dad doing? It's too bad after he got fired for being too successful he couldn't land a (decent) job elsewhere. Damn Rothschilds, damn Illuminati. They run this whole thing I tell ya. Somebody shows too much potential, somebody gets too big, somebody becomes a threat to them, they get rid of him.

Tanny fell on the sword for Woody the same way Rex is going to fall on the sword in January.  Too bad Idzik won't get canned until two years from now and we have less talent on our roster than Rutgers.

Tanny fell on the sword for Woody the same way Rex is going to fall on the sword in January. Too bad Idzik won't get canned until two years from now and we have less talent on our roster than Rutgers.

Tanny was our worst GM ever.

Trade ups for busts such as Suckchez, Greene, Hill, many others..two draft picks for Teblow. Stripped the team of picks averaging 4 per season. And blew the cap to smithereens with idiotic extensions for bums like Sucky and Holmes

Strangely, no billboards, banners or dishrags for him. I guess Mehta wasn't around to court and cuddle then

Tanny was our worst GM ever.

Trade ups for busts such as Suckchez, Greene, Hill, many others..two draft picks for Teblow. Stripped the team of picks averaging 4 per season. And blew the cap to smithereens with idiotic extensions for bums like Sucky and Holmes

Strangely, no billboards, banners or dishrags for him. I guess Mehta wasn't around to court and cuddle then

Seems like you're missing a few facts.

You must be Tannenbaum Jr then? Good to meet you. How is your dad doing? It's too bad after he got fired for being too successful he couldn't land a (decent) job elsewhere. Damn Rothschilds, damn Illuminati. They run this whole thing I tell ya. Somebody shows too much potential, somebody gets too big, somebody becomes a threat to them, they get rid of him.

Apparently teams (n coaches) are still interested in him n he's still around. Too bad, Jets aren't used to the kind of success we had under him.

Archived