Starting to look like I want Quinn

SouthernJet

Wish Seattle would just go ahead and lose already.  But not likely.  I get very squeamish about this waiting til February.  We could wind up standing there with our thumb up our ass.

The one way that I can see this "working out" would be for the Jets to hire the guy that Dan Quinn wants for GM, (that Chris Grier guy, who has been the Fins' director of college scouting) and he goes ahead and does all of the coordinator hirings that Quinn (on the sly of course) tells him to. This way the whole notion that you are essentially being penalized for hiring a coach from a playoff and or Super Bowl team thus you are ALSO stuck with getting only the stragglers who are left, and certainly no one's first choices because all of the the top coordinator candidates have already been scooped up.  

The wild card in this whole scenario is the sudden emergence of Mike Tannenbaum into a position of power and influence down here in Miami. 

I wonder if Tannenbaum is burning up the phone lines with other teams re: Quinn now that he'll be in direct competition with them.

I feel uneasy about Mr. T being involved with Jets affairs

Would it not be a conflict of interest, so soon after being his agent?

Would it not be a conflict of interest, so soon after being his agent?

You know how that sh!te works Jack, it always and only depends on WHO is doing the dirty dealing in the NFL. There are certain people, certain FAMILIES and certain names that can go ahead and do whatever they want, however they want, WHENever they want and even when they do get 'caught' what happens? Oh a fine of a few hundred grand (which the owner ends up paying for anyway) and it's called "justice" essentially all just swept under the rug with a broom made from golden spun hay. Of course you guys know I'm referring back to Goodell's big $500,000.00 fine that was levied at Belichick and the Patriots for Spygate.

The one way that I can see this "working out" would be for the Jets to hire the guy that Dan Quinn wants for GM, (that Chris Grier guy, who has been the Fins' director of college scouting) and he goes ahead and does all of the coordinator hirings that Quinn (on the sly of course) tells him to. This way the whole notion that you are essentially being penalized for hiring a coach from a playoff and or Super Bowl team thus you are ALSO stuck with getting only the stragglers who are left, and certainly no one's first choices because all of the the top coordinator candidates have already been scooped up.  

The wild card in this whole scenario is the sudden emergence of Mike Tannenbaum into a position of power and influence down here in Miami. 

Is Quinn someone that can dictate who he wants the GM to be??  I don't think so.  I like him and have no problem if he were hired  but as I read in an article and agree with, his Seattle defense is not fancy.  He has very good players that make an impact without any crazy schemes.  Bowles seems to be a little different.  He's more aggressive and works with lesser personnel.  I like them both and would be happy with either but none of thses guys should be telling me what GM they want to work with UNLESS it was asked of them.  

Is Quinn someone that can dictate who he wants the GM to be??  I don't think so.  I like him and have no problem if he were hired  but as I read in an article and agree with, his Seattle defense is not fancy.  He has very good players that make an impact without any crazy schemes.  Bowles seems to be a little different.  He's more aggressive and works with lesser personnel.  I like them both and would be happy with either but none of thses guys should be telling me what GM they want to work with UNLESS it was asked of them.  

I think it is absolutely MANDATORY and actually the perfect situation to be in. If a team has to choose both the GM and HC at the same time they better be on the same page, and better back each other up. Like I said P-21 with the way the rules are set up now, a team can't hire the most sought-after coordinators to make the jump from Championship or runner-up to head coach. We went through that back when we hired Herm, we actually WANTED Marvin Lewis I believe but needed to make a move fast or get stuck with the worst OC, DC and maybe not even THE head coach that we originally wanted so the Jets settled on the league's proposal FOR us; Herm Edwards.

You know how that sh!te works Jack, it always and only depends on WHO is doing the dirty dealing in the NFL. There are certain people, certain FAMILIES and certain names that can go ahead and do whatever they want, however they want, WHENever they want and even when they do get 'caught' what happens? Oh a fine of a few hundred grand (which the owner ends up paying for anyway) and it's called "justice" essentially all just swept under the rug with a broom made from golden spun hay. Of course you guys know I'm referring back to Goodell's big $500,000.00 fine that was levied at Belichick and the Patriots for Spygate.

Don't forget the destruction of the evidence. Goodell is a dirty player. I'm sure he bent the truth when testifying at Ray Rice hearing.

Power corrupts, absolute Power corrupts Absolutely!

Don't forget the destruction of the evidence. Goodell is a dirty player. I'm sure he bent the truth when testifying at Ray Rice hearing.

Power corrupts, absolute Power corrupts Absolutely!

the suspicion abounding the NFL has increased by leaps and bounds since Goodell took over. Hell, right AFTER 9/11 I was hearing on the street that the NFL needed an "all American team" to win the Super Bowl for the good of the country morale and that the Patriots with their colors, their name, fit the profile to a tee.

I think it is absolutely MANDATORY and actually the perfect situation to be in. If a team has to choose both the GM and HC at the same time they better be on the same page, and better back each other up. Like I said P-21 with the way the rules are set up now, a team can't hire the most sought-after coordinators to make the jump from Championship or runner-up to head coach. We went through that back when we hired Herm, we actually WANTED Marvin Lewis I believe but needed to make a move fast or get stuck with the worst OC, DC and maybe not even THE head coach that we originally wanted so the Jets settled on the league's proposal FOR us; Herm Edwards.

I definitely agree but I'm just hoping that we can have a GM that would be involved in the final decision of who the coach will be.  I want the GM and the coach to be on the same page but it's a little weird if the coach is essentially picking his boss.  

Forget Quinn ...we need HC experience, IMO.

Mr T is Quinn's agent and now is running show in Miami? Anyone else concerned tanny pushing Quinn on a soon-to-be rival? Very belichick-ian. My paranoia has fueled my suspicion - as a result, I don't want Quinn.

I hope Kubiak puts up 40 on the Pats..Kubiak is the guy we want.

Forget Quinn ...we need HC experience, IMO.

Mr T is Quinn's agent and now is running show in Miami? Anyone else concerned tanny pushing Quinn on a soon-to-be rival? Very belichick-ian. My paranoia has fueled my suspicion - as a result, I don't want Quinn.

I hope Kubiak puts up 40 on the Pats..Kubiak is the guy we want.

Time to catch you up on some facts:  Tanny has stepped down as agent and is transferring the negotiating responsibilities to others.  Otherwise he'd be a walkking-talking textbook definition of "conflict of interest".  Kubiak has had success as an HC for how many years?  1? He was run out of Texas on a rail (actually a stretcher, after his on-the-sidelines collapse). Come on Dunnie, you can do better.

Archived