Jets vs Dolphins in London Ticket Question for UK

Lot K Tailgaters

My apologies if this should be in another area.  Jets Dolphins tickets for October 4th go on sale this week.  Does anyone know does this game sell out and is it better to buy tickets now or wait to see if prices are better on Stubhub?  I have never followed this game or market so curious.  I am not ready to commit to the trip yet since I am looking to switch careers but am hoping I can swing it. 

My apologies if this should be in another area.  Jets Dolphins tickets for October 4th go on sale this week.  Does anyone know does this game sell out and is it better to buy tickets now or wait to see if prices are better on Stubhub?  I have never followed this game or market so curious.  I am not ready to commit to the trip yet since I am looking to switch careers but am hoping I can swing it. 

Hi, the initial general sale opens tomorrow at 10.00am UK time These are premium tickets ranging in price from £110 (Club), £115 (Lower sideline) to £149 (Premium Club). Personally I'm holding off until the general sale which is scheduled to take place later in the month. More info on seats, price here.. 

http://www.nfluk.com/tickets/wembley-tickets.html

The game will sell out, not immediately but certainly within 2-3 weeks of going on general sale. The public appetite to watch live NFL is still very strong. Also the Dolphins would have a sizeable UK fanbase, from the Marino era where the games were first broadcast on this side of the Atlantic.

You could take a chance on waiting until nearer game day to buy a ticket, depending on your personal circumstances. Prices shouldn't fluctuate too much either way on the secondary market. Worse case scenario, you should get a ticket near cost price on the day by walking up to the stadium. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!! And I heard they were pricey too. I didn't realize the NFL was that popular over there.

Yeah, I got some calls from my British friends who were going to go but a) couldn't believe the price and  b ) couldn't believe how quickly they sold out.

Yeah, I got some calls from my British friends who were going to go but a) couldn't believe the price and  b ) couldn't believe how quickly they sold out.

I was thinking about going. but thats a lot of moolah (air too) for a weekend trip to see a football game.

I was thinking about going. but thats a lot of moolah (air too) for a weekend trip to see a football game.

I'm going because my wife and I plan on going back once a year so she can visit her family in London.  Just so happened the game is right around the time we were planning on going anyway.  Favorite team in my favorite city.  Can't wait.

Sold out within a week, apparently. (Apart from the hospitality ones)

Yep, individual game tickets sold out in a day or two. A record, it seems they sold over 40,000 season tickets (for the three games)  this year, significantly more than previous years. So when you allow for these and other hospitality and overseas packages, there were less individual game tickets available this time around.  

We got tickets sorted thankfully. 

I reckon they will be further re-sales in the summer, be it returns from the US, and/or freeing up seats they are currently holding for season tickets sales. Not ideal for anyone planning a trip, but again the secondary market nearer the day should ensure most people can get a ticket at a reasonable cost. 

Archived