If Randall Cobb hits the Free Agency Market.

Villain The Foe

I want Philly's 1st round pick, Foles and a mid round pick. That shouldn't be much to ask. We're giving them Mariota which is literally a top 10 first round pick, and in return we want their 20th pick in the 1st, a 3rd rounder and the QB that they're going to replace with Mariota.  

Sounds about right VTF. I think M&M's stock tumbles

Sounds about right VTF. I think M&M's stock tumbles

I think so too. I think that he has shown to have very good upside but he's obviously not there yet. If Chip can put him into a system that he already knows and is comfortable in then maybe that stock tumbling is irrelevant in philly, but to a team not running such an offense Mariota may be quite raw. 

Nevertheless, if we trade we need to make sure to get a 1st and a 3rd. If Philly is right and Foles was just a one hit wonder then Philly would have gotten away with murder and we paid for it with a top 10 pick. If Foles bust then alt east we still had a 1st round pick and picked up an extra on in the 3rd. 

I think so too. I think that he has shown to have very good upside but he's obviously not there yet. If Chip can put him into a system that he already knows and is comfortable in then maybe that stock tumbling is irrelevant in philly, but to a team not running such an offense Mariota may be quite raw. 

Nevertheless, if we trade we need to make sure to get a 1st and a 3rd. If Philly is right and Foles was just a one hit wonder then Philly would have gotten away with murder and we paid for it with a top 10 pick. If Foles bust then alt east we still had a 1st round pick and picked up an extra on in the 3rd. 

I would try to get Kelly's 2nd rd pick and draft a WR,  He may bite as he loves this kid

No worried, I doubt we'd be able to pull of a trade and I'm not as down on Geno as many are. I'd like to see what Geno could do around competent instructors and coaches. We haven't had any of that around the Jets since 1998

Once he flipped off our fans in our stadium I was more than done with him. Not to mention about 70% of the time he looks like he never even WATCHED a football game before. He's too inexpensive to just dump, but I really hope we don't go into camp with him as a serious contender as starter.

Once he flipped off our fans in our stadium I was more than done with him. Not to mention about 70% of the time he looks like he never even WATCHED a football game before. He's too inexpensive to just dump, but I really hope we don't go into camp with him as a serious contender as starter.

Lets be honest here, the fans were acting like asses. Don't heckle a guy then play the victim when he flips you off.

There's no question Cobb is an upgrade to Harvin in many many ways.

But, we need to make a move quickly at QB. No high end FA is coming here if Geno is the projected #1.

Trade for Foles.... ASAP

Geno > Foles. Did u not see Foles this year? Even Sanchez is better than Foles.

If we could land Mariota I think we could easily use him as leverage to land Foles and maybe a mid round pick

That's all you want?  A mediocre QB whose only success was in Kelly's offense that we don't run and a mid-round pick?  LOL 

If we take Mariota at 5 I'm putting on a ski mask, loading a 12 guage and going to Philly and asking them for their entire draft.  They want Mariota worse than Ryan Leaf wants Meth.

I'd rather have Crabtree

Ding Ding Ding

Crabtree will be available, is a better receiver than Harvin who is more of a hybrid running back, and would be a helluva lot more affordable than Harvin.

Or we can just have both.  Decker, Crabtree, Harvin is a pretty good group of receivers.

Lets be honest here, the fans were acting like asses. Don't heckle a guy then play the victim when he flips you off.

Don't heckle the guy??? Is this pro sports? In New York? Do we pay his salary? What career exists where you can perform as badly as this guy has and when you receive criticism you are allowed to flip off those who pay you? Answer: QB for NY Jets with Rex and Idzik in charge. Can you imagine if Eli would have done this in his early days when he sucked... with Coughlin and Mara ...... he would have been cut.  

I'm not saying Geno should have been cut, but he should have at least been fined, reprimanded by the coach and owner and benched at least one game. Instead Rex admitted that he would be a hypocrite for disciplining Geno since he has done the same thing multiple times. Consequences for Geno... nothing.  AND from that point on the whole team started mouthing off to the press.

That's all you want?  A mediocre QB whose only success was in Kelly's offense that we don't run and a mid-round pick?  LOL 

If we take Mariota at 5 I'm putting on a ski mask, loading a 12 guage and going to Philly and asking them for their entire draft.  They want Mariota worse than Ryan Leaf wants Meth.

so you are wrong. lets list the many reasons why.

• for one thing... we hold the #6 pick.
  • Foles was able to have success in Kelly's offense, an astounding amount of success. However, he is a traditional pocket passer and isn't the best fit for Kelly.... and that's why he may be available via trade.
  • 6' 6" 245lb QB with rocket arms don't grow on trees.
  • Foles had a 79 QB rating in 2012 (7 games) with more TD's than INT's BEFORE Kelly arrived.
  • He had a 119 QB rating (13 games) in 2013.. in a system that doesn't even fit him the best
  • He made the pro bowl.
  • In 2014 he was off to a good start with a QB rating over 80 before the injury
  • He has a lot of years ahead of him, which means he could be a long term fix and has time to get even better. The older the QB the lesser the value.

This is a QB driven league and at any given time 60% of the teams in the league don't have a franchise QB. All of these things considered what would you say Foles trade value is to us... taking Mariota out of the discussion. Just a straight up trade for a draft pick?

I say its somewhere between a late 1st and early second. Since the pick and or player I am suggesting with Mariota is more of a top 10 pick than Philly would owe us extra compensation. Maybe a 3rd or 4th. But if you think an unproven guy like Mariota is so much more valuable than Foles, a pro bowl QB with a winning record and prototype size, arm and skill set, you are dead wrong. Remember, to Philly Mariota is a day one starter.... to the rest of the league he is too skinny, has no pro style offense experience and is a project. It's not like we are talking about Andrew Luck. Philly knows they have no competition when trading for him. And we will not be the only team interested in Foles.  

Don't heckle the guy??? Is this pro sports? In New York? Do we pay his salary? What career exists where you can perform as badly as this guy has and when you receive criticism you are allowed to flip off those who pay you? Answer: QB for NY Jets with Rex and Idzik in charge. Can you imagine if Eli would have done this in his early days when he sucked... with Coughlin and Mara ...... he would have been cut.  

I'm not saying Geno should have been cut, but he should have at least been fined, reprimanded by the coach and owner and benched at least one game. Instead Rex admitted that he would be a hypocrite for disciplining Geno since he has done the same thing multiple times. Consequences for Geno... nothing.  AND from that point on the whole team started mouthing off to the press.

No, you dont heckle a guy. You can get your point across while acting respectable without being a freaking ass. Look at the fire john idzik guys. Though I wouldnt have spent thousands of dollars, these guys invested their money and time to do what they felt they needed to do to get  a change at GM because they paid his salary (though we really dont). They didnt give all types of F-you's to John. How many times have fans flipped off players, better yet, how many times have Jet fans flipped off their own players. So why is it okay as a fan to do that "because we're new yorkers" yet when you get the same treatment then these same fans begin bitching like school girls? 

I dont respect that sh*t so yeah, if you heckle a guy and he flips you off you get what the hell you had coming to you. Thats how it goes in NEW YORK. We dont care about that bitchy whining sh*t coming from the players or the fans. You want respect, then give it. 

What???

Foles was 6-2

Buttfumble was 4-4

G-NO was 3- 11

Case closed

Actually Foles was 5-2 and Sanchez was 5-4. Foles got hurt early in that Texans game and Sanchez came in and won that game. Secondly, Foles 5 wins came against:

Jacksonville

Indy

Washington

St. Louis 

Giants

The only team with a winning record was the Colts. Sanchez could have done that. Speaking of Sanchez, Sanchez victories were against

Houston

Carolina

Tennessee 

Dallas

Giants

Two of those teams were playoff teams (Dallas and Carolina) and the other (houston) had a winning record. The teams he lost to? 

Seattle

Green Bay

Dallas 

Washington

All respectable teams minus Washington. No one expected the eagles to beat Seattle even with Foles, and Green Bay would have been a toss up with Foles. No one expected the eagles to sweep the Cowboys either. Three of those teams being deep playoff teams, and the 4th a division rival, though Sanchez threw a key int in the last minutes of that washington game. To add though, The eagles defense gave up 22ppg to their opponents when Foles was the QB, they gave up 27ppg when Sanchez was the QB and Sanchez still did his thing. 

of the three QB's Mark Sanchez had the best season by far, not just by the quality of teams playing against, but his stats were damn good for what we know of Sanchez. The hate on this guy is over the top. 

Crabtree stinks ...look at his production....awful. Foles or Glennon would both be significant upgrades over geno. I like both options.

Fck off with the crabtree stinks talk. He obviously doesn't stink. You wanna look at trading cards and talk production, I'm sure there's some chat rooms you can hang in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets fans are a pretty funny bunch.

7 TDs, 8 ints and 1219 total yards in his last 5 games with probowlers are WR and HB.

6 TDs, 2 ints and 1077 yards in his last 4 games with ZERO probowlers at skill position.

Pick your QB.

What???

Foles was 6-2

Buttfumble was 4-4

G-NO was 3- 11

Case closed

See two posts above. Since Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won SBs, they must be the best QBs in the NFL those years. At least by your standards.

Zero  Interest in Cobb or any WR that perhaps was made by a QB. They have a terrible history of underperforming after leaving a stud QB. Id rather get Crabtree cheap then a 8-9m dollar cobb. 

Could you give us a few examples of this? Who are "they" and how do they relate to Cobb? I remember Moss looking like crap when he was with the Raiders, I doubt it was Cunningham and Brady that made Moss. Maybe he just played with a sh*tty QB in a sh*tty system. 

7 TDs, 8 ints and 1219 total yards in his last 5 games with probowlers are WR and HB.

6 TDs, 2 ints and 1077 yards in his last 4 games with ZERO probowlers at skill position.

Pick your QB.

Everyone on on planet earth picks Foles over Smith... Except you...... Mrs Smith

How does that make any sense? Neither Foles Sanchez or Smith won any Super Bowls .... what's your point

You're basing your point on wins. Foles play has deteriorated to the point that Eagles wanted Sanchez to keep the job regardless of Foles recovery. Foles' stats were bloated stats due to playing catchup for most of the games early on after playing below average level in the first halves of most of the games. You didn't watch him play, I can tell. I did. I'm in Dallas and we get about 75% of Eagles games.

Crabtree stinks ...look at his production....awful. Foles or Glennon would both be significant upgrades over geno. I like both options.

We are not worried about past production. We are concerned with future production. We signed decker based on his past production and the guy surely isnt a 10m per year player. Similar to Cobb. Or Greg Jennings

Mid tier guys like crabtree will fetch 4-5m tops which is great for his upside. He was coming back from an achilles but is young and already had a 85-1150-9 TD season with a sh*tty Qb.

Archived