Draft Busts

Jetsmanjb

Let's hope this new general manager can see the differences between players in this draft.  

Calvin Pryor vs. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix 

Stephen Hill vs. Alshon Jeffrey

I don't think I need to say anything more smh

Seems like you spoke too soon because the game aint over. Now that Clinton-Dix just allowed Seattle to complete that two point conversion maybe you'll know who the actual bust is. 

lol. 

Seems like you spoke too soon because the game aint over. Now that Clinton-Dix just allowed Seattle to complete that two point conversion maybe you'll know who the actual bust is.

lol.

If Seattle wins this. It's all on Dix. Even though you know, he caught a tipped ball in the 2nd quarter

I mean in all honesty we had a lot of picks to use last year and I just don't think that we ever use them as best as we can.  McDougle ? Mike Nugent ? Vernon Gohlston ?  Dewayne Robertson ? KYLE WILSON ? Vlad Ducasse ? Just to name a few.... 

Why draft Enunwa, Shaq evans, and Jalen Saunders just to then go ahead and spend more pursuing WRs in free agency

If you'd like to argue against that be my guest....

If Seattle wins this. It's all on Dix. Even though you know, he caught a tipped ball in the 2nd quarter

And if Seattle wins, the person who created this ridiculous thread will continue to be quiet. Man how awesome was that though. This person was so ready to jump on Clinton's-"Dix" and as soon as he did Clinton showed his true colors, just like he showed in the first Seattle Greenbay game. 

Someone needs to leave Calvin Pryor alone and stop comparing him to other teams scrubs. 

I mean in all honesty we had a lot of picks to use last year and I just don't think that we ever use them as best as we can.  McDougle ? Mike Nugent ? Vernon Gohlston ?  Dewayne Robertson ? KYLE WILSON ? Vlad Ducasse ? Just to name a few.... 

Why draft Enunwa, Shaq evans, and Jalen Saunders just to then go ahead and spend more pursuing WRs in free agency

No, thats not what we're arguing against. Don't change the subject. You made an ass clown move by trying to crap on a Jets player with another player thats been equality as bad just on a better team. Because he got a couple INT's you decided to take a shot at Pryor, yet as soon as you did Clinton showed that during crunch time what he's capable of. 

The only bust was Stephen Hill. Calvin Pryor aint in that category. 

You can talk about Pryor missing tackles, but Clinton Dix may have just cost the Packers the Superbowl. lol.

HAHA CLINTON DIX JUST COST THE GREENBAY PACKERS THE SUPERBOWL. 

Id rather be Calvin Pryor right now. 

Yeah if Seattle wins this it's all on Dix ? What the hell are you talking about ? You can't blame a loss on one guy.  The guy has two picks, 5 tackles and 3 passes defended.  He has as many picks as Kyle Wilson does in his first year playing.  

Going back to my first comment I clearly said "Let's hope this new general manager can see the differences between players in this draft."  

And I would gladly take Clinton Dix over Pryor any day of the week.  

Yeah if Seattle wins this it's all on Dix ? What the hell are you talking about ? You can't blame a loss on one guy.  The guy has two picks, 5 tackles and 3 passes defended.  He has as many picks as Kyle Wilson does in his first year playing.  

Going back to my first comment I clearly said "Let's hope this new general manager can see the differences between players in this draft."  

And I would gladly take Clinton Dix over Pryor any day of the week.  

Agree here. Dix played well this season although I dont see him being a star. He should be very solid.  Pryor on the other hand is going to be one of our worst picks in a long time. Without the GM that picked him, or the coach Pryor isn't going to continue to be played while being horrible. He will be a bench guy eventually. 

Clinton Dix gets an interception in a playoff game and all of a sudden that makes Pryor a bust. Ridiculous.

I can't wait for the offseason to begin. 

Uh, no. His entire rookie season does.

Too early to label him (and also too early to say Idzik whiffed on 11 of 12 picks), but the early returns certainly aren't promising and Dix clearly looks like the better player.

Uh, no. His entire rookie season does.

Too early to label him (and also too early to say Idzik whiffed on 11 of 12 picks), but the early returns certainly aren't promising and Dix clearly looks like the better player.

The kid said "bust" you know like I know that the statement is stupid, and he only did it because he was watching Dix get two INT's and he decide to throw rocks at Pryor. But he got real quiet when Dix forgot to cover on the 2point conversion and cost them the game. 

The kid said "bust" you know like I know that the statement is stupid, and he only did it because he was watching Dix get two INT's and he decide to throw rocks at Pryor. But he got real quiet when Dix forgot to cover on the 2point conversion and cost them the game. 

The dude that lost the game was  86  too much beer in Germany today?

Let's hope this new general manager can see the differences between players in this draft.  

5'6 punt returner Jalen Sounder over ACC Maltavis Bryant  6'4 4.40 

Shaq Evans over Bruce Ellington

The dude that lost the game was  86  too much beer in Germany today?

Im just busting the guy who created this threads balls. As soon as he made this thread and called Pryor a bust HaHa created a mental error at a key moment. I dont think Haha literally lost the game, it was a rookie mistake. I didnt like his criticism of Pryor and I decided to rub the error in his face a bit. 

and unfortunately Im sober! 

I never said that he was indeed a bust but he certainly has the potential to become one if his play does not improve.  He makes some pretty big hits which are great but he also has some pretty big whiffs as well.  I just think you're misinterpreting things.   

I never said that he was indeed a bust but he certainly has the potential to become one if his play does not improve.  He makes some pretty big hits which are great but he also has some pretty big whiffs as well.  I just think you're misinterpreting things.   

yes you did. Look at the title of your thread. And this is what you wrote:

You just made it seem like Calvin Pryor is Stephen Hill and Dix is Jeffery. 

We know for a fact that Hill was a bust, so to say that you didnt indeed say that Pryor was a bust is a lie 

Clinton Dix had a damn good game, and he had a mental error and it cost his team big. Calvin Pryor played a lot of free safety when he's an in the box player strong safety. To even create a thread like this is the reason why you were met with my distaste for it. 

So like I said, next time wait for the game to be over. Calvin Pryor has not shown to be a bust, he's shown to be a rookie. Stephen Hill never even had the talent, he's a track star and that was a stupid ass pick with Jeffery on the board. Calvin Pryor at the position we picked him to this day wasnt a bad choice. 

Clinton Dix gets an interception in a playoff game and all of a sudden that makes Pryor a bust. Ridiculous.

I can't wait for the offseason to begin.

Clinton-Dix has outplayed Pryor all year long. All the draft boards I saw had Clinton Dix ahead of Pryor. Idzikiot and Rex had their heads in their ass

Clinton-Dix has outplayed Pryor all year long. All the draft boards I saw had Clinton Dix ahead of Pryor. Idzikiot and Rex had their heads in their ass

All draft boards had Luck and RG3 ahead of Wilson. Better yet, Wilson wasnt even on their friggen board. I hate when people use popularity to try and make an opinion pass as a fact. 

Clinton didnt outplay Pryor. Clinton had the opportunity of having a lot of his opponents playing one-dimensional given the way Rodgers can run up a scoreboard. Clinton also had a competent coaching staff around him. 

Like I said, we'll see again this year given the overhaul, but taking Calvin Pryor at the spot we did wasnt a bad choice at all if we're talking about which safety to pick. 

Pryor is the new Eric Smith. We really need to sign Mccorty cuz this guy ain't getting it done

Devin McCourty isnt a strong safety, he's a free safety, something that we actually need on this team in order for Pryor to do his job more effectively. 

People who criticize need to at least know positions players actually play. You dont criticize ed reed and say you need troy polamalu. They play two different positions. 

Devin McCourty isnt a strong safety, he's a free safety, something that we actually need on this team in order for Pryor to do his job more effectively. 

People who criticize need to at least know positions players actually play. You dont criticize ed reed and say you need troy polamalu. They play two different positions.

We agree on one thing . Pryor has no business being a free safety he needs to be a strong safety.

yes you did. Look at the title of your thread. And this is what you wrote:

You just made it seem like Calvin Pryor is Stephen Hill and Dix is Jeffery. 

We know for a fact that Hill was a bust, so to say that you didnt indeed say that Pryor was a bust is a lie 

Clinton Dix had a damn good game, and he had a mental error and it cost his team big. Calvin Pryor played a lot of free safety when he's an in the box player strong safety. To even create a thread like this is the reason why you were met with my distaste for it. 

So like I said, next time wait for the game to be over. Calvin Pryor has not shown to be a bust, he's shown to be a rookie. Stephen Hill never even had the talent, he's a track star and that was a stupid ass pick with Jeffery on the board. Calvin Pryor at the position we picked him to this day wasnt a bad choice. 

I'm sorry you are entirely mistaken.  They're different players, different ages, different drafts, I apologize for not alluding to that earlier but I am spelling it out for you now.  They are different comparisons with different players who the jets both had the opportunity to pick but passed on: 

Jets took Pryor with the 18th selection in 2014 while the Packers took Clinton-Dix with the 21st selection.  

Similarly, in a different draft.... 

Jets took Stephen Hill with the 43rd selection in 2012 while the Bears took Jeffrey with the 45th selection.  

I was in no way equivocating Calvin Pryor to Stephen Hill.  They play on different sides of the ball so again, I'm sorry I think you are misinterpreting things. 

They were simply examples of how in the history of the jets organization they tend to misuse draft picks... of course there are plenty more to be named- those were just a couple of the recent ones.  And again I was stating that I hope this does not happen with the new GM 

I'm sorry you are entirely mistaken.  They're different players, different ages, different drafts, I apologize for not alluding to that earlier but I am spelling it out for you now.  They are different comparisons with different players who the jets both had the opportunity to pick but passed on: 

Jets took Pryor with the 18th selection in 2014 while the Packers took Clinton-Dix with the 21st selection.  

Similarly, in a different draft.... 

Jets took Stephen Hill with the 43rd selection in 2012 while the Bears took Jeffrey with the 45th selection.  

I was in no way equivocating Calvin Pryor to Stephen Hill.  They play on different sides of the ball so again, I'm sorry I think you are misinterpreting things.  

You did when you said "Draft busts". If you dont mean draft busts then dont say "draft busts". I understood perfectly what you were saying, you're simply backtracking now which I understand. It was a mistake on your end, not a misunderstanding on mine. 

Water under the bridge though. 

Archived