*****Official Super Bowl 49 Game Thread*****

JoeC36

LOL ... you go from desperate spin to blatant lying.

The argument was, and still is, you and UWF said it was an obvious pass formation. 

There was nothing wrong with the formation.

Let's see how you bend the truth now ...

3 WRs spit with 1 RB in shotgun is a passing formation that a lot of teams can run draws and now, read option out of. Y

But you've clearly missed the point which is, anything in shotgun on the 1 yard line with Lynch as your RB was stupid. That would be what I'm saying.

You obviously disagree yet would rather argue semantics. I'm willing to keep working with you though. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh....meeeeeeh. Look, I posted it right before the play, just being fair bc this wasn't a knee-jerk. Bring in your lead blocker, line up mano y mano and give it to the best RB in football in 3 shots from the 1 freaking yard line and Fin, you win the fucing Super Bowl.

Don't get coy, stop outthinking yourself and win the ******* game. 

I consider it absolutely a great combination of idiocy. 

You and the other annoying poster guy wanted to turn this semantical, whether or not a 3 WR set in shotgun formation was a passing vs. goal line formation or not. 

Bottom line is everything about the call sucked from start to finish. 

How could they run three run plays with 1 timeout and :24 left? 

I don't know what you are arguing anymore.

It wasn't the formation, it was how it was executed is my point.

if you need a scapegoat for the play, I would suggest wilson and lockette before bevell.  Last night I was killing bevell, but I read carrolls comments and looked at the replay.  

In the end, Butler made the play is the story

Hmm, you're not the type for this. I don't know what you don't understand. I think the 3 WR Shotgun set on the 1 yard line was as bad as the actual call. I'm saying you bring in your lead blocker (same formation as with their TD with 2nd and goal in the 3rd QT btw) and either give it to Lynch or PA. 

I'm saying everything about that play was garbage from the start. It's so simple I don't believe that you don't understand me. 

I don't know what you are arguing anymore.

It wasn't the formation, it was how it was executed is my point.

if you need a scapegoat for the play, I would suggest wilson and lockette before bevell.  Last night I was killing bevell, but I read carrolls comments and looked at the replay.  

In the end, Butler made the play is the story

He doesn't remember what he's arguing either, he's just spinning and dancing until he's "right".

He had too much Tom Brady spunk in his eyes to see the formation last night.  Now he's seeing it for the first time and tailoring his story as he goes ...

How could they run three run plays with 1 timeout and :24 left? 

Word! Another colossal blunder was how they took their sweet time getting to the line. .54 secs and I don't think the ball was snapped until around .30. 

The two TOs they used too, also a disaster. 

None the less I'm giving it to Lynch with a lead blocker on the 1 yard line. As would every other person in America. Are you really going to start arguing the call now too?

He doesn't remember what he's arguing either, he's just spinning and dancing until he's "right".

He had too much Tom Brady spunk in his eyes to see the formation last night. Now he's seeing it for the first time and tailoring his story as he goes ...

sooo... just to confirm ... 3 wide, QB in shotgun with a rb at his side = run formation to you?

He had too much Tom Brady spunk in his eyes to see the formation last night.  Now he's seeing it for the first time and tailoring his story as he goes ...

I'm actually being incredibly patient with you and going out of my way to help you understand.

You should write for Disney.

Do you even realize this is what you've been arguing?

1. Shotgun 3 WR set on the goal line is primarily a run formation. 

2. The Seahawks didn't have enough time to run the ball with .54 secs left, therefor they had to pass on the 1 yard line. 

I dunno, if I'm wrong, tell me. 

Word! Another colossal blunder was how they took their sweet time getting to the line. .54 secs and I don't think the ball was snapped until around .30. 

The two TOs they used too, also a disaster. 

None the less I'm giving it to Lynch with a lead blocker on the 1 yard line. As would every other person in America. Are you really going to start arguing the call now too?

No, I would've put the game in Lynch's hands as everyone assumed they would, including myself. 

No, I would've put the game in Lynch's hands as everyone assumed they would, including myself. 

Ok so that makes the second piece to your argument about the clock null and void, so stop with that. 

So what I'm saying is that was NOT the optimal formation to give the ball to Lynch anyway..Essentially, a run out of that formation would be a draw (or read option)... giving Lynch no forward momentum or lead blocker to follow. Given the space constraints and goalline defense the Pats were in...Read option (or draw) was not the optimal call either. What would have worked better, in my opinion, was bringing in the fullback lining up in I and driving the ball down their ******* throats like a real ******* football team should...to win the Super Bowl. 

No pussy foot trying to catch them off their guard bullsh*t like a 3 wr shotgun set....and if anything...play action off the dive.

Do you even realize this is what you've been arguing?

1. Shotgun 3 WR set on the goal line is primarily a run formation. 

2. The Seahawks didn't have enough time to run the ball with .54 secs left, therefor they had to pass on the 1 yard line. 

I dunno, if I'm wrong, tell me. 

Yes, you're wrong.

1. Never said it was primarily a run formation. When did I say that?

2. You said to run Lynch three times. Go back and read your own post.

Yes, you're wrong.

1. Never said it was primarily a run formation

2. You said to run Lynch three times. Go back and read your own post.

1. I called the formation a passing formation and you said I was wrong. So what was it a punt formation?

2. I've been pretty steady about running the ball to Lynch and/or if anything Play action with a lead blocker. Sorry. 

Ok so that makes the second piece to your argument about the clock null and void, so stop with that. 

So what I'm saying is that was NOT the optimal formation to give the ball to Lynch anyway..Essentially, a run out of that formation would be a draw (or read option)... giving Lynch no forward momentum or lead blocker to follow. Given the space constraints and goalline defense the Pats were in...Read option (or draw) was not the optimal call either. What would have worked better, in my opinion, was bringing in the fullback lining up in I and driving the ball down their ******* throats like a real ******* football team should...to win the Super Bowl. 

No pussy foot trying to catch them off their guard bullsh*t like a 3 wr shotgun set....and if anything...play action off the dive.

1. No, doesn't make anything null or void. I would've run Lynch on 2nd down and burned the TO if he failed.

2. Wilson is also a brilliant runner. Lynch was aligned beside him. There were several possibilities.

Back to the argument: nothing wrong with the formation. If they pulled a Marty Mornhinweg and used an empty backfield, you'd have a point. 

But there's only one Marty and you continue to spin this miles away from your original quote.

1. I called the formation a passing formation and you said I was wrong. So what was it a punt formation?

2. I've been pretty steady about running the ball to Lynch and/or if anything Play action with a lead blocker. Sorry. 

1. How many times have you divorced?

2. This is what you wrote:

Bring in your lead blocker, line up mano y mano and give it to the best RB in football in 3 shots from the 1 freaking yard line and Fin, you win the fucing Super Bowl.

You weren't gonna get 3 shots.

1. How many times have you divorced?

2. This is what you wrote:

You weren't gonna get 3 shots.

At 54 secs with a little bit of urgency and the TO I think they could of. And as I've stated multiple times in the thread, I could have totally dealt with PA out of that goal line set. In my opinion, that was their best options.  Lynch with a lead blocker or PA (as they did in the 3rd on 2nd and goal for the TD).

That passing shotgun 3 wr set slant was totally for the birds. Totes.  

That passing shotgun 3 wr set slant was totally for the birds. Totes.  

I didn't like the call either. But the play failed because the CB made a heads-up play on a poorly thrown ball in a high risk area.

It didn't fail because of the formation. Here's what Wilson saw:

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV.jpg

I didn't like the call either. But the play failed because the CB made a heads-up play on a poorly thrown ball in a high risk area.

It didn't fail because of the formation. Here's what Wilson saw:

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV.jpg

...which is why you don't run that play on the 1 yard line with the best RB in Football. You give your greatest asset a lead blocker and the ball and you win the game. 

Archived