Ray Rice

joewilly12

apparently, you choose to ignore that Rice was utterly useless in 2013.  Sucked sucked sucked.  And 2 years later he's going to back to his youthful self?  Come on, man...  use your brain a little when posting here.  Rice sucks both on and off the field.

Read Villian The Foes post that and he's well rested not having played in 2014

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

I can't explain it either to be honest. Football is just football to me. I love watching the game but I dont get too caught up in the personal life of others the way the media would like me to. The problem that Ray Rice had needs to be dealt with within his family unit and I feel that it needs to be respected as such. Im not saying not to take into account what happened, of course you do. I wouldnt draft Dorial Beckham because I think that he is a ticking time bomb, but that would be more of a team decision than it is constantly being a critic of him. I dont get that feeling with Rice. I feel like he messed up and he's handling it. And as you said, the criticism can get ridiculous. I can respect a man that can bounce back from a bad decision, and I feel that if people are really that touched by an incident then they need to be a support mechanism in order for a positive change to occur. The overblown criticism of people is nothing more than unjust judging. 

Your welcome.

TMZ posts a video of a player lets all run out and hunt him down because we all are so perfect. He served his suspension apologized for the mistake he made time to move on. 

you sign him and you lose your job basically

Why? Im being serious, please explain why to me. I dont want to respond to your post if I'm not really understanding your position. Maybe you know something I dont. Maybe this guy has had some issues outside of his domestic one that needs to be accounted for. Maybe he deflated some footballs or something lol. 

Let's see.

A) He last played two years ago.

B) He f*cking sucked two years ago,

C) He will bring with him a media circus.

Based on his stats from 2011 if you extrapolate those numbers and multiply by 10 that's what u can expect from ray rice here.

#signmattmoorelogic

Why? Im being serious, please explain why to me. I dont want to respond to your post if I'm not really understanding your position. Maybe you know something I dont. Maybe this guy has had some issues outside of his domestic one that needs to be accounted for. Maybe he deflated some footballs or something lol.

The jets are the medias punching bag because Rex Ryan likes to suck his wife's feet too much. Now you want to sign a scumbag who likes to punch his wife in the face?

really dude ?   outside of being considered the poster boy for NFL domestic abuse and basically single handedly launching an ad campaign, you are asking what else is the problem ?

and are you just debating this or are you co-signing with willy to actually sign him ?

Your welcome.

TMZ posts a video of a player lets all run out and hunt him down because we all are so perfect. He served his suspension apologized for the mistake he made time to move on. 

Exactly. And the only person that needs to be that "hands on" is his wife. She is the one that has to make the decision of either standing behind her husband and supporting him in his recovery, or if this is something that is much more common in their relationship then she needs to make an even tougher decision. The Jets, if they decide that Rice could be an option could be a supportive as well. The fans are as usual, extreme. 

Exactly. And the only person that needs to be that "hands on" is his wife. She is the one that has to make the decision of either standing behind her husband and supporting him in his recovery, or if this is something that is much more common in their relationship then she needs to make an even tougher decision. The Jets, if they decide that Rice could be an option could be a supportive as well. The fans are as usual, extreme. 

Extreme to the point its been 46 years and counting where we haven't won jack sh*t its taking its toll on many is the only excuse I can imagine for some of the behavior on this board. Especially the personal attacks when debating football issues.

really dude ?   outside of being considered the poster boy for NFL domestic abuse and basically single handedly launching an ad campaign, you are asking what else is the problem ?

and are you just debating this or are you co-signing with willy to actually sign him ?

Yeah, really. 

I was willing to have Michael Sam as a football player on this team, for as long as he could provide football talent to the team. Michael Sam is the poster boy for homosexuality in sports, and though I dont support homosexuality, as I said regarding him: Keep your personal lifestyle to yourself (personal) and be a professional. If he could do that then I think he can play football. Its nothing more than a sport dude. People act like this is something important. It may be important to us, but in the scheme of things its not important whatsoever. 

Now Im not saying that if Rice wants to knock out his wife for him to simply do it in private, what I'm saying is the guy was honest with the league in regards to what happened and they suspended him before the tape leaked. When the tape leaked the NFL went and further stiffened the suspension even though what the video showed was consistent with what Rice said happened, and yet he didnt fight it. Rice came and publicly apologized to "you", took the 2nd suspension, got help and is being reinstated by the NFL. 

So no, I dont understand your problem outside of some feminist ad campaign. I'd prefer to see the decision from his wife rather than some feminist movement that is only interested in their agenda while 5,000 women will be aborting their children today. I prefer to stick to football, and if he has changed his ways then I feel that the Jets can sign him to a deal. If the Jets feel that he still has to work on himself then they shouldn't sign him because his family unit is more important than football or some ad campaign. 

Extreme to the point its been 46 years and counting where we haven't won jack sh*t its taking its toll on many is the only excuse I can imagine for some of the behavior on this board. Especially the personal attacks when debating football issues.

I agree. I've been called a psychopath, an alcoholic and a meth druggie because of my position for Glennon. We'd have to win 46 superbowls in a row for this place to act sanely. lol. 

RB is the most easily replaceable position in football and you two loons want to sign one who not only comes with a ton of baggage, but one who was brutally ineffective the last time he played, which was two years ago. If we want to sign a RB that was last effective in 2012, CJ Spiller is the way to go. Younger, less tread on the tires, an innate familiarity with our offensive system, and not to mention doesn't come with a media circus.

Hes washed up Ray Rice still has a few  years left in him he could help improve the RB position here

What, based on his 3.1 yards per carry in 2013 and 2,000+ career touches indicates to you that Rice is not washed up?

There were serious questions about whether or not he had lost a step heading into last season BEFORE the suspension.

RB is the most easily replaceable position in football and you two loons want to sign one who not only comes with a ton of baggage, but one who was brutally ineffective the last time he played, which was two years ago. If we want to sign a RB that was last effective in 2012, CJ Spiller is the way to go. Younger, less tread on the tires, an innate familiarity with our offensive system, and not to mention doesn't come with a media circus.

CJ Spiller wouldnt be a bad pick up. I don't know why I have to be some sort of loon because you don't agree though. Rice is only baggage for people who are into soap operas. I dont care for the storyline, only if he can still play or not. Rice didnt have an effective 2013 season, but why not also bring up the fact that his offensive line was dead last in run blocking in 2013? Probably because it would shed some light on what contributed to his bad season given that both RB and blocking go hand in hand unless you're Barry Sanders.  NFL Game rewind can show you how terrible that line was in case you forgot (or just never watched). I dont think Ray Rice is hitting a Maurice Jones-Drew wall, then again maybe he is. All I know is that people keep talking about how easy it is to replace the position yet we keep ending up with Bilal Powell, so what does all the talk on how easy it is really mean? Because from over here it just seems like a bunch of talk and soap opera gossip. 

CJ Spiller wouldnt be a bad pick up. I don't know why I have to be some sort of loon because you don't agree though. Rice is only baggage for people who are into soap operas. I dont care for the storyline, only if he can still play or not. Rice didnt have an effective 2013 season, but why not also bring up the fact that his offensive line was dead last in run blocking in 2013? Probably because it would shed some light on what contributed to his bad season given that both RB and blocking go hand in hand unless you're Barry Sanders.  NFL Game rewind can show you how terrible that line was in case you forgot (or just never watched). I dont think Ray Rice is hitting a Maurice Jones-Drew wall, then again maybe he is. All I know is that people keep talking about how easy it is to replace the position yet we keep ending up with Bilal Powell, so what does all the talk on how easy it is really mean? Because from over here it just seems like a bunch of talk and soap opera gossip. 

Rice is baggage for the TEAM, not "people who are into soap operas". Whichever team signs Rice is signing a huge distraction. Remember when the Jets traded for Tim Tebow? Yeah, it would be like that, only I'd imagine quite a few guys in the locker room would be none too happy with the team signing Rice. Like it or not, this is the society we currently live in and signing Rice WOULD be a huge distraction. You are not just a loon, but a damn fool if you believe otherwise.

Never said Baltimore's line wasn't bad in 2013, but you are giving Rice zero amount of blame for that performance. In 2012, counting playoffs, he touched the ball 420 times. FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY. The likelihood that he IS off the Jones-Drew cliff is extremely high. That, coupled with the aforementioned media circus that comes with signing him make Rice someone the Jets should not touch with an eleventy billion foot pole.

What, based on his 3.1 yards per carry in 2013 and 2,000+ career touches indicates to you that Rice is not washed up?

There were serious questions about whether or not he had lost a step heading into last season BEFORE the suspension.

Based on the fact that he's still in his prime years (He just turned 28 three weeks ago. ) and that his offensive line was the sh*ttiest in all the league in 2013, which you continue to conveniently ignore. And questions are always SERIOUS when someone comes off an unusual year and the media turns it into "juicy gossip". I also remember the SERIOUS questions about Joe Flacco after 2013 as well. He got paid all that money in after the Super Bowl  and then in 2013 he threw more INT's than TD's for the first time ever with a total of 22INT's. Its all soap opera gossip, and it seems that alot of fans get caught up in it. 

It happens all the time. Last year everyone wanted to get rid of Cromartie because of his hip and they were talking about how he's washed up. 1 year later everyone wants Cromartie back and everyone talks about how they never wanted to let him go and how its all Idziks fault. lol. 

Based on the fact that he's still in his prime years (He just turned 28 three weeks ago. ) and that his offensive line was the sh*ttiest in all the league in 2013, which you continue to conveniently ignore. And questions are always SERIOUS when someone comes off an unusual year and the media turns it into "juicy gossip". I also remember the SERIOUS questions about Joe Flacco after 2013 as well. He got paid all that money in after the Super Bowl and then in 2013 he threw more INT's than TD's for the first time ever with a total of 22INT's. Its all soap opera gossip, and it seems that alot of fans get caught up in it.

It happens all the time. Last year everyone wanted to get rid of Cromartie because of his hip and they were talking about how he's washed up. 1 year later everyone wants Cromartie back and everyone talks about how they never wanted to let him go and how its all Idziks fault. lol.

Come on now, he is a running back. Age doesn't mean sh*t. It's about the amount of punishment he took. After 420 touches in 2012, he was a shell of his former self. RBs ARE easily replaceable. That's a fact. Just because Bilal Powell sucks doesn't mean they are this mythical, hard to find creature.

Based on where the Jets are as a franchise, singing Rice would be ASININE. I know you love that word, and it certainly applies here. For years, the Jets have been more about grabbing headlines than producing winning football and signing Rice would indicate that nothing at all has changed. New regime, same old Jets. Let Rice go average 3 yards a carry somewhere else, and maybe he can do it for 10 years and then you can bump this thread when he gets elected to the Hall of Fame.

Rice is baggage for the TEAM, not "people who are into soap operas". Whichever team signs Rice is signing a huge distraction. Remember when the Jets traded for Tim Tebow? Yeah, it would be like that, only I'd imagine quite a few guys in the locker room would be none too happy with the team signing Rice. Like it or not, this is the society we currently live in and signing Rice WOULD be a huge distraction. You are not just a loon, but a damn fool if you believe otherwise.

Never said Baltimore's line wasn't bad in 2013, but you are giving Rice zero amount of blame for that performance. In 2012, counting playoffs, he touched the ball 420 times. FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY. The likelihood that he IS off the Jones-Drew cliff is extremely high. That, coupled with the aforementioned media circus that comes with signing him make Rice someone the Jets should not touch with an eleventy billion foot pole.

I do remember when the Jets signed Tim Tebow. It was a distraction because dude was f'ing trash.  Ray Rice was considered one of the best Running Backs in the league, Tim Tebow was a "never was" NFL player that had nothing but media hype (Soap opera sh*t) behind him. 

The "like it or not, this is the society...." is a cop out. You guys are caught up in the soap opera nonsense following Rice, and your comparison to Tim Tebow proves it because you certainly couldn't have been comparing careers because Tebow obviously never had one. Maybe its just me being a loon again given how I just put that together. I dont see anything terrible that any player could say about Ray Rice in a Jets locker room. You are simply caught up in the soap opera. 

Yeah, you never said that Baltimores line wasnt bad. My point was that you didnt say "a word" about baltimore's oline and concentrated all your energy on Rice as if he was the only one to have a sh*tty year when it was everyone from the QB on down that had an off year. 

Come on now, he is a running back. Age doesn't mean sh*t. It's about the amount of punishment he took. After 420 touches in 2012, he was a shell of his former self. RBs ARE easily replaceable. That's a fact. Just because Bilal Powell sucks doesn't mean they are this mythical, hard to find creature.

Based on where the Jets are as a franchise, singing Rice would be ASININE. I know you love that word, and it certainly applies here. For years, the Jets have been more about grabbing headlines than producing winning football and signing Rice would indicate that nothing at all has changed. New regime, same old Jets. Let Rice go average 3 yards a carry somewhere else, and maybe he can do it for 10 years and then you can bump this thread when he gets elected to the Hall of Fame.

Thats funny. I remember hearing those same faceless people asking those same "SERIOUS QUESTIONS" this year regarding Marshawn Lynch, a guy who's older than Rice, has 3 more seasons under his belt AND touched the ball more than Ray Rice in his career, and since 2011 to present. Yet all he did was go out and go beast mode on the entire league. I can do the same exact thing regarding those "SERIOUS QUESTIONS" with Adrian Peterson who is also older than both Rice and Lynch and has touched the ball more in his career. 

Also, I never called running backs a mythical creature that we can never find...obviously have Ray Rice available. 

I wont call you a loon for simply disagreeing. But you're following the soap opera story line and it has you wrapped up emotionally. 

I do remember when the Jets signed Tim Tebow. It was a distraction because dude was f'ing trash.  Ray Rice was considered one of the best Running Backs in the league, Tim Tebow was a "never was" NFL player that had nothing but media hype (Soap opera sh*t) behind him. 

The "like it or not, this is the society...." is a cop out. You guys are caught up in the soap opera nonsense following Rice, and your comparison to Tim Tebow proves it because you certainly couldn't have been comparing careers because Tebow obviously never had one. Maybe its just me being a loon again given how I just put that together. I dont see anything terrible that any player could say about Ray Rice in a Jets locker room. You are simply caught up in the soap opera. 

Yeah, you never said that Baltimores line wasnt bad. My point was that you didnt say "a word" about baltimore's oline and concentrated all your energy on Rice as if he was the only one to have a sh*tty year when it was everyone from the QB on down that had an off year. 

I'm gonna call this the "Ostrich defense". Bury your head in the sand and pretend that players can't be distractions that negatively effect the team. Also bury your head in the sand and pretend that Rice's 2012 didn't happen. Their line was terrible. F*cking Oher started on it. But they DID have an all-pro guard in Yanda. And GREAT running backs can overcome a bad line. No, they won't be setting records, but they will be averaging more than 3.1 yards per carry. The bottom line is that even if he can still play, which is highly questionable, as recent evidence tends to suggest his career was entering its twilight BEFORE the suspension, he WILL bring with him a media circus, despite burying your head in the sand and pretending otherwise. I don't give a sh*t what players do. I'd sign Aaron Hernandez if he were acquitted of serial killing BECAUSE HE CAN HELP THE TEAM. Rice was an aging RB with over 2,000 career touches on his tires BEFORE all this sh*t happened. The unlikely chance that he can rediscover his previous form is one I'll be glad to let some other team take.

Thats funny. I remember hearing those same faceless people asking those same "SERIOUS QUESTIONS" this year regarding Marshawn Lynch, a guy who's older than Rice, has 3 more seasons under his belt AND touched the ball more than Ray Rice in his career, and since 2011 to present. Yet all he did was go out and go beast mode on the entire league. I can do the same exact thing regarding those "SERIOUS QUESTIONS" with Adrian Peterson who is also older than both Rice and Lynch and has touched the ball more in his career. 

I wont call you a loon for simply disagreeing. But you're following the soap opera story line and it has you wrapped up emotionally.

Don't give one half of a f*ck about any soap opera storyline. If any evidence suggested that Rice revitalizing his career was anything more than a desperate hail mary, I'd be all for signing him. Peterson is a HOF and Lynch is making a hell of a case. Those are pretty extreme examples. How about Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, and Shaun Alexander? When the cliff comes, it comes. 

I think some of you secretly hate the Jets. No offense, but signing Rice is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

We just ditched Rex. So yeah, let's go out and sign a media lightning rod who isn't that good anymore. What could go wrong?

I'm gonna call this the "Ostrich defense". Bury your head in the sand and pretend that players can't be distractions that negatively effect the team. Also bury your head in the sand and pretend that Rice's 2012 didn't happen. Their line was terrible. F*cking Oher started on it. But they DID have an all-pro guard in Yanda. And GREAT running backs can overcome a bad line. No, they won't be setting records, but they will be averaging more than 3.1 yards per carry. The bottom line is that even if he can still play, which is highly questionable, as recent evidence tends to suggest his career was entering its twilight BEFORE the suspension, he WILL bring with him a media circus, despite burying your head in the sand and pretending otherwise. I don't give a sh*t what players do. I'd sign Aaron Hernandez if he were acquitted of serial killing BECAUSE HE CAN HELP THE TEAM. Rice was an aging RB with over 2,000 career touches on his tires BEFORE all this sh*t happened. The unlikely chance that he can rediscover his previous form is one I'll be glad to let some other team take.

Don't give one half of a f*ck about any soap opera storyline. If any evidence suggested that Rice revitalizing his career was anything more than a desperate hail mary, I'd be all for signing him. Peterson is a HOF and Lynch is making a hell of a case. Those are pretty extreme examples. How about Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, and Shaun Alexander? When the cliff comes, it comes. 

You can call it whatever you want, but you never specified why guys would be so bent out of shape about Ray Rice being in the locker room. He as far as I know was ever the "Santonio Holmes" type in the locker room. He always worked hard. What distractions can you possibly be talking about if it isn't the soap opera gossip that the FANS cling on to like candy? You know whats a circus? A f'ing circus thats what. Bringing in Tebow? Thats a circus. Drafting Geno and pretending to have a QB competition but giving every edge to the QB that isn't ready for the reigns while getting who should have been your starter hurt in the snoopy bowl? Thats a circus. Signing Michael Vick for "another competition", only for him to tell the public throughout the entire preseason that this isn't an open competition though the Coach and GM is saying that it is, is a f'ing Circus. Signing a guy who is young, was a force for his prior team but just got into some legal trouble isn't considered a circus for the organization or its players in the locker room. Its only considered a circus to the fans that hang on every word the gossip feeders feed them. 

Also, one solid offensive lineman does make an entire line. And "Great running backs can overcome awful Olines"? Sure, but not everyone is Barry Sanders. Some people are simply Ray Rice, which means that if his Oline is f'ing sh*tty there's a good possibility that you're going to get less than 4 yards per carry. The Jets oline isn't "Ravens 2013 sh*tty" so I can see Rice taking advantage of that, and that's what history shows, not just some opinion that someone calls evidence simply because they're too concerned about the soap opera gossip. He doesnt have to be "great" in order to be signed as a value deal.

Adrian Peterson is a HOF because he's had a full career, Lynch is making a case because he's had a full career. Ray Rice has played 6 years in the league, so when talking about HOF the only person being extreme here is you. Im the one that is saying that the guy has only played 6 seasons and his last season was behind the worst oline in the professional world. You're the one taking the extreme approach saying that he could be Chris Johnson, though I find that rather funny because Chris Johnson averaged almost 4.5 yards a carry while on the Jets on 155 attempts. If he had the lead role he would have clearly hit the 1,000 yards mark. Where Johnson lacked was in the passing game with crucial drops. Ray Rice is a rushing and catching RB as well, and though he had a bad rushing year I didnt see much wrong with his hands in 2013. 

And for the fact that you would sign Aaron Hernandez should let you know not to ever call anyone else a loon. 

I think some of you secretly hate the Jets. No offense, but signing Rice is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

We just ditched Rex. So yeah, let's go out and sign a media lightning rod who isn't that good anymore. What could go wrong?

If thats the dumbest idea you've ever heard then you obviously wasnt around when we got Tim Tebow who wasnt even a football player. If this is the dumbest thing you've ever heard then you obviously wasnt around to see 6 years worth of defensive 1st round picks. If this is the dumbest idea to you've ever heard then you obviously wasnt around to see a GM get hired that couldn't even hire his own coaching staff. 

Also, will you be one of those people who if Ray Rice has a pro bowl year say that they weren't one of the people who said that he isn't that good anymore like 90% of this board did with Cromartie last year? 

Will you be one of those people who just LOVED Jameis Winston last year but suddenly this year he's like the worst QB ever? Will you be one of those guys that would stay quiet if Ray Rice puts up 1,200 yards and 8-10 TD's this year but would be all over the forums saying "I told you this was the dumbest thing ever" if he ended up with just 400 yards? 

You can call it whatever you want, but you never specified why guys would be so bent out of shape about Ray Rice being in the locker room. He as far as I know was ever the "Santonio Holmes" type in the locker room. He always worked hard. What distractions can you possibly be talking about if it isn't the soap opera gossip that the FANS cling on to like candy? You know whats a circus? A f'ing circus thats what. Bringing in Tebow? Thats a circus. Drafting Geno and pretending to have a QB competition but giving every edge to the QB that isn't ready for the reigns while getting who should have been your starter hurt in the snoopy bowl? Thats a circus. Signing Michael Vick for "another competition", only for him to tell the public throughout the entire preseason that this isn't an open competition though the Coach and GM is saying that it is, is a f'ing Circus. Signing a guy who is young, was a force for his prior team but just got into some legal trouble isn't considered a circus for the organization or its players in the locker room. Its only considered a circus to the fans that hang on every word the gossip feeders feed them. 

Also, one solid offensive lineman does make an entire line. And "Great running backs can overcome awful Olines"? Sure, but not everyone is Barry Sanders. Some people are simply Ray Rice, which means that if his Oline is f'ing sh*tty there's a good possibility that you're going to get less than 4 yards per carry. The Jets oline isn't "Ravens 2013 sh*tty" so I can see Rice taking advantage of that, and that's what history shows, not just some opinion that someone calls evidence simply because they're too concerned about the soap opera gossip. He doesnt have to be "great" in order to be signed as a value deal.

Adrian Peterson is a HOF because he's had a full career, Lynch is making a case because he's had a full career. Ray Rice has played 6 years in the league, so when talking about HOF the only person being extreme here is you. Im the one that is saying that the guy has only played 6 seasons and his last season was behind the worst oline in the professional world. You're the one taking the extreme approach saying that he could be Chris Johnson, though I find that rather funny because Chris Johnson averaged almost 4.5 yards a carry while on the Jets on 155 attempts. If he had the lead role he would have clearly hit the 1,000 yards mark. Where Johnson lacked was in the passing game with crucial drops. Ray Rice is a rushing and catching RB as well, and though he had a bad rushing year I didnt see much wrong with his hands in 2013. 

And for the fact that you would sign Aaron Hernandez should let you know not to ever call anyone else a loon. 

You are a f*cking brick wall. The new madmike, a guy who once argued with me ferociously that Chad Pennington is better than Drew Brees. Once I got the bolded part, I stopped reading. Sorry you went through all that typing. 28 year old running back Ray Rice and his 2,000+ career touches is "young". Yeah, in life years. In running back years? He's close to cashing in that social security. I'm done.

If thats the dumbest idea you've ever heard then you obviously wasnt around when we got Tim Tebow who wasnt even a football player. If this is the dumbest thing you've ever heard then you obviously wasnt around to see 6 years worth of defensive 1st round picks. If this is the dumbest idea to you've ever heard then you obviously wasnt around to see a GM get hired that couldn't even hire his own coaching staff.

Also, will you be one of those people who if Ray Rice has a pro bowl year say that they weren't one of the people who said that he isn't that good anymore like 90% of this board did with Cromartie last year?

Will you be one of those people who just LOVED Jameis Winston last year but suddenly this year he's like the worst QB ever? Will you be one of those guys that would stay quiet if Ray Rice puts up 1,200 yards and 8-10 TD's this year but would be all over the forums saying "I told you this was the dumbest thing ever" if he ended up with just 400 yards?

tl;dr

/derp

Villian The Foe dont waste your time remember what I said about winning the Super Bowl and guys being here that night complaining about something.......

I remember, I'm just passing the time letting Troll entertain me while I create some Gifs for my "Ultimate Mike Glennon" piece lol. It took some time but I finally learned how to make a Gif. Check out this 45 yard dart of a pass thrown right to the eyes of the WR that couldn't bring it in with both hands. The defender made a perfectly timed dive and just barely tipped the ball. 

45%20yard%20Incomp%20TD.gif

Archived