Marcus Gilchrist

jetscrazey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would drool if Fowler fell to us at pick 6, but if they go OL or WR or trade i wont cry. I think they have addressed needs pretty well in free agency and i have faith in them until proven otherwise.

Wipe that drool off your mouth, if we go OLB it has to be Beasley.  :-)

Happy about the signing and it makes the secondary stronger.   However, check out this piece from San Diego.   Maybe Bowles will work with him and in Bowles system of rotating safeties weaknesses can be hidden.

Marcus Gilchrist

Gilchrist is a weak link. Yes, he is versatile, yes he knows the defense, but he just isn't very good. He doesn't do well in coverage and he is a below average tackler. There are plenty of guys out there who can do what he does or better. I also think that letting a guy like Gilchrist go would show the fans and possibly some of the players on the team that the management is committed to getting better.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015/2/11/8019649/san-diego-chargers-free-agents-keep-them-or-cut-them-loose

But couldn't we find one of these safeties in the 4th or 5th round.

Edit: Forgot we don't have our 5th round pick. So how about top of the 4th round where we are slotted to pick.

One who has started the last couple of years on an NFL team? No we could not.  This is an excellent signing to get a young veteran safety like this. I think he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder coming out. 

Happy about the signing and it makes the secondary stronger.   However, check out this piece from San Diego.   Maybe Bowles will work with him and in Bowles system of rotating safeties weaknesses can be hidden.

Marcus Gilchrist

Gilchrist is a weak link. Yes, he is versatile, yes he knows the defense, but he just isn't very good. He doesn't do well in coverage and he is a below average tackler. There are plenty of guys out there who can do what he does or better. I also think that letting a guy like Gilchrist go would show the fans and possibly some of the players on the team that the management is committed to getting better.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015/2/11/8019649/san-diego-chargers-free-agents-keep-them-or-cut-them-loose

Well I will trust Bowles and McCag on this one.  I trust Bowles will put in position to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. 

Marcus Gilchrist

Also since that is coming from a Charger fan I will take that assessment with a grain of salt. 

Archived