Trading Down

Jetsmanjb

If Mariota falls to six then the fun starts. I think the Jets should get both of Cleveland's first rounders and get two impact players and then take Bryce Petty in round two as developmental QB. Fitzpatrick is a JAG as we all know and Geno is a WOT (Waste of Time) so the team needs a QB of the future. Could be a bonanza.

If MM is there at 6, trade back with Cleveland if given the chance, draft a WR (Cooper, Parker or Green-Beckham), a RB (Gordon or Gurlie), a pass rusher (Fowler, Beasley or Dupree) and be sure to draft one of the later QB prospects, any of whom will probably be just as good as Mariotta but more pro ready (Hundley, Petty, Grayson).

If we came away from this draft with one of those WRs, RBs, OLBs and QBs, I'd do back flips naked on my lawn. laugh.gif

I think its you thats too much into Glennon. I wrote all that and Glennon is the only thing you got from it? Looks like you're the one projecting a little here. Now, on to your statement. It's not like QB's are no longer tradable. We can package a QB like a Ryan Fitzpatrick with the pick since Tampa is looking to have a suitable backup. FItz ran a similar system to their offense and would be a nice back up there as well. That would leave us with 3 QB's, not 4. And if we carry two QB's it could be Glennon and Geno and you can either cut Simms or put in on the practice squad. 

Ok. Sorry to break it to you but Glennon will never wear green + white.  

Me...trick you??? I would never try to trick my friend! I consider him a top 5 WR easy. I would consider that elite. 

Top 10. Megatron, Dez, Aj Green, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, Vincent Jackson. You might be able to argue he slips in the tail end of the top 5 and it would be close but I think from this point forward Brown / Nelson / V Jackson will be more successful than Marshal. It will also be interesting to see what Beckham Jr does this year because I could see him quickly working his way up to the top 5 with a repeat of what he did last season.

according to the chart I found, the 6th pick is worth 1,600 

the 12th plus the 19th = 1,200 + 875 or 2,075.   this deal will never happen in a million years

the 13th plus the 31st = 1150 + 590 or 1,740.  This is possible but not attractive as the jets would be picking again at 38 so how is moving up 7 spots to the 31st pick worth dropping 7 spots from 6 to 13 ?.  This deal makes no sense really

according to the chart I found, the 6th pick is worth 1,600 

the 12th plus the 19th = 1,200 + 875 or 2,075.   this deal will never happen in a million years

the 13th plus the 31st = 1150 + 590 or 1,740.  This is possible but not attractive as the jets would be picking again at 38 so how is moving up 7 spots to the 31st pick worth dropping 7 spots from 6 to 13 ?.  This deal makes no sense really

Yep.  This isn't going to happen. 

Top 10. Megatron, Dez, Aj Green, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, Vincent Jackson. You might be able to argue he slips in the tail end of the top 5 and it would be close but I think from this point forward Brown / Nelson / V Jackson will be more successful than Marshal. It will also be interesting to see what Beckham Jr does this year because I could see him quickly working his way up to the top 5 with a repeat of what he did last season.

Jordy Nelson and Vincent Jackson aren't better than Brandon Marshall. Marshall would destroy this league if he had Aaron Rodgers his entire career, I dont need to name the QB's that Marshall had. Vincent Jackson has been in the league longer, has less yards and TD's. Antonio Brown has a case so I'll give you that. Thats top 6 with me being generous giving it to a guy (Brown) that has put together a couple amazing years, but its not like Brown is doing anything that Marshall didnt do after his 5th year. Both had over 5000 yards by the end of their 5th year and both had exactly 28 TD's, the bulk of Browns came in the last two years with Ben Roethlisberger, Marshall's came with Jay Cutler and Matt Moore and it was though out his career which shows consistency. I would personally give it to Marshall given the fact that we could actually debate the 30 year old being there, though Marshall has been in the league twice as long as Brown and is in his 30's. That experience along with not playing with a pro bowl caliber QB since 2008 (keep in mind, all of your WR's outside of Vincent Jackson play with pro bowl QB's), I think Marshall at #5 is acceptable.

With that said, Brandon Marshall is a top 5 caliber WR, top 6 if we want to go through semantics. Either way the man is elite. 

Jordy Nelson and Vincent Jackson aren't better than Brandon Marshall. Marshall would destroy this league if he had Aaron Rodgers his entire career, I dont need to name the QB's that Marshall had. Vincent Jackson has been in the league longer, has less yards and TD's. Antonio Brown has a case so I'll give you that. Thats top 6 with me being generous giving it to a guy (Brown) that has put together a couple amazing years, but its not like Brown is doing anything that Marshall didnt do after his 5th year. Both had over 5000 yards by the end of their 5th year and both had exactly 28 TD's, the bulk of Browns came in the last two years with Ben Roethlisberger, Marshall's came with Jay Cutler and Matt Moore and it was though out his career which shows consistency. I would personally give it to Marshall given the fact that we could actually debate the 30 year old being there, though Marshall has been in the league twice as long as Brown and is in his 30's. That experience along with not playing with a pro bowl caliber QB since 2008 (keep in mind, all of your WR's outside of Vincent Jackson play with pro bowl QB's), I think Marshall at #5 is acceptable.

With that said, Brandon Marshall is a top 5 caliber WR, top 6 if we want to go through semantics. Either way the man is elite. 

Oh I was never debating him being Elite, I just think he is top 10 and not top 5. I think a few rookies from last season will make a strong case this year also. I agree with you 110% if Marshal had Rodgers he would be up in the top 2-3 discussion.

Archived