The 10 Best and Worst Free-Agent Deals (So Far)

Morrissey

I actually don't mind any of the above players, but they can all be upgraded at this stage of their careers. Between the remaining cap space, the players mentioned and the bottom of the roster, enough money can be freed up for an important signing without mortgaging the future. Anyway, while it would not make me happy to see it, I'm guessing that by tendering Snacks with a second, they might be more than willing to move past him for the pick. THAT would be the first big blunder of the new regime if it were to be a low second round pick.

I'll tell you the truth, of all the moves the Jets made this off season, Snacks being tendered  as a 2nd, was the only one that really bothered me.

They are  gambling with an excellent young player to save a million dollars. I really hope it doesn't blow up in their face. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those numbers don't reflect the Cromartie signing or the Brewer signing.

Cro yes Brewer no.   What isn't isn't reflected is the 12 million carry over as pointed out by Aec4.  The Jets currently have over 11 million cap space , after the rookie cap

Cro yes Brewer no.   What isn't isn't reflected is the 12 million carry over as pointed out by Aec4.  The Jets currently have over 11 million cap space , after the rookie cap

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap/ Not according to Spotrac. The Jets have close to 11 million left( counting 51 + Draft picks). But they didn't put Cromartie or Brewer contract yet in.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap/ Not according to Spotrac. The Jets have close to 11 million left( counting 51 + Draft picks). But they didn't put Cromartie or Brewer contract yet in.

Not sure what it is your looking at there, but the #'s they have are Adj salary cap= 156,149,394--------Top 51=139,594,426= 16,554,968

OTC has it as  Top 51 with Cromartie included=143,303,820=   12,845,574

Have to admit I really don't know much on my own about the salary cap

Edit:   Either way the Jets still have more cap space available then some teams started with

The Harris deal was a disaster. It makes absolutely no sense.

On the football field you may be right, Harris has good stats but they do not justify the contract

In the locker room is where we close the gap;

1 - Harris knows the Rex defense - what is Rex's record vs the Ravens? Two wins a year adds value...

2 - Shows they will take care of own - Idzik was the "hatchet guy" new sheriff in town sign, right before the start of FA 

3 - Shows support for new regime - Rex was popular and if Harris the "veteran leader" is happy to play for Bowles, so should everyone...

4 - Harris will retire a Jet, how many good players have played an entire career in Green and White?

The 2011 team lost it's veteran leadership and lost it's way (dark times since) - maybe Woody learned from that mistake and overpaid Harris to rebuild a team

Archived