Joe Jets fan

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should Geno Smith be the starting QB of the NYJ in 2015

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Geno Smith to be the starting QB of the NYJ in 2015

• Yes
    • No

Geno should be given every chance to win the starting job, and I believe he will be. Despite his performance in his first two years here, he still has a higher ceiling than Ryan Fitzpatrick. Yes, Gailey has had success with Fitzpatrick in the past, but he's also had success with Kordell Stewart. I could see him hoping to take advantage of Geno's physical gifts the way he did with Slash.

But being given the opportunity =/= winning the job. Geno can only win the job if he proves he can cut down on all the turnovers; fumbles and interceptions. I'd make him the favorite to start the team's first pre-season game but, if he can't demonstrate that he's learned to protect the football, Bowles will likely go with Fitzpatrick and a familiar ground & pound, play not to lose style offense this year.

In other news, I expect the Jets to target the RB position as early as the second round of the draft.

Physically a higher ceiling ...that's about it. And its not much because Fitz can move a bit, he's not Immobile . Brain power not even close plus the added bonus of knowing the system

Ask me this question at the end of August. 

But Klecko Geno did good in last years preseason then proceeded to sh*t the bed and roll in it during the regular season. I say let Fitz play if he clearly wins the Job and see how Geno reacts to sitting on his ass. If Fitz gets hurt or plays bad we will get a lot of info in how Geno steps into the Starting role again. If he comes in unprepared and feeling bad about sitting ( which very well might be evident) out the door with him. I thi9nk this will be a better test for geno rather than just handing him the job like some say we should do.

But Klecko Geno did good in last years preseason then proceeded to sh*t the bed and roll in it during the regular season. I say let Fitz play if he clearly wins the Job and see how Geno reacts to sitting on his ass. If Fitz gets hurt or plays bad we will get a lot of info in how Geno steps into the Starting role again. If he comes in unprepared and feeling bad about sitting ( which very well might be evident) out the door with him. I thi9nk this will be a better test for geno rather than just handing him the job like some say we should do.

And do you really think Bowles is going to make his mind up after a 3-day minicamp in April?

Sorry but I gotta call bullsh*t on this. No one, NO ONE is saying hand him the job and I challenge you find ONE single post by ANYONE advocating that.  You were making a good point; no need to start making sh*t up to bolster your argument. 

Geno Smith should infact start because he is the best quarterback that they have right now. Fitzpatrick is as unreliable as Geno is. I would give Geno one more chance at quarterback since he now has quality receivers to throw to now with Decker and Marshall. I believe Geno can learn how to be a good quarterback. He showed glimpses of being good the last game @Miami. So there is hope for him to do well in my opinion. I wouldn't start the rookie quarterback right away whoever that maybe because the Jets have done that before and it didn't work out. I would have Geno or Fitz tutor and mentor the rookie before he gets a chance  to get on the field so he knows the ropes of being a starter in the NFL which I have heard is a difficult transition from College Football.

Sorry but I gotta call bullsh*t on this. No one, NO ONE is saying hand him the job and I challenge you find ONE single post by ANYONE advocating that.  You were making a good point; no need to start making sh*t up to bolster your argument. 

@JetBlue Read the post above and read the thread... some people said and have been saying Geno should still start so yeah Im not making up bullsh*t ..... Maybe before you call bullsh*t you should read  a lot of the posts on this site. Along with the results of the freakin Poll.

@JetBlue Read the post above and read the thread... some people said and have been saying Geno should still start so yeah Im not making up bullsh*t ..... Maybe before you call bullsh*t you should read  a lot of the posts on this site. Along with the results of the freakin Poll.

23 posters said they want Geno starting.  About 30%       So I agree.

Geno has talent... but he is a punk.

Like Cutler, like Vince Young, like Leaf, like Manziel, like JaWalrus, like Cade McNown. Even to a much lesser degree, so is Stafford.

Punk QBs do not succeed in the NFL. They are not leaders of men. They do not work hard enough to reach their ceiling. Occasionally they are talented enough to play at a serviceable level. But they NEVER win championships.

The closest arguments for a punk with a ring are Favre and Ben, but still nowhere close to the guys listed above. 1st ballot Hall of Famers.

Jameis Winston is a punk. He will never win a Super Bowl. Marcus Mariota might.

Archived