Report: Injury will sideline Gilchrist until training camp

Jetfan13

Of course it does, the Pats 1st draft pick last year was a guy coming off a wrecked knee with big injury histories.

Drew Brees was signed by NO coming off a terrible back problem.

There are a couple of things I see in your post that are the basis for continual conflict.

1) The Jets are a bad team with no depth coming off a regime change.

2) The Jets had a huge amount of cap dollars and league mandates that they had to spend a good deal of it.

3) The GM like most prudent football people appears to be of the thought that you try and plug holes in FA so you can make any choice you want in the draft.

Players that are good, young, cheap and injury free are NOT AVAILABLE.

Also being a bad team we have to out bid teams who are closer to the prize.

I would view your comments as being more valid if you provided at least decent alternatives to some of these signings and I certainly don't think they are all great.  I think Buster Skrine will be a huge whipping boy and see the bench sooner than later.

i think skrine will be good actually.

I really do not know why people get off on personal attacks. What's so lacking in your life. Frankly i thought they were frowned upon in this establishment. But when it comes to me they seemed to be allowed at will.

As far as your point, let me know which competent NFL organization would give 3.5 mill to a free agent with chronic shoulder issues that may prevent him from contributing fully. That too to a non-Pro Bowl player who has not established any level of super eliteness on the field.  Sure, teams take a chance on a Pro Bowl caliber player's once in a while who's recent performances may have stagnated in the hope they turn around BUT that's not the case in this situation.

So what we have here is a brand new player on the team where the GM handed out money and fans are still left crossing their fingers after a few days hoping this new acquisition  can have a complete, productive football season for them. This does not happen on a competently managed team. Period.

You said it was 22 mil, and I showed you that you were WRONG.  

As other point out its funny how you make up the idea that a shoulder injury, that you have not the slighest idea about, might make him not play. 

Dude, just stop.   or at least tell us what you would do instead.    What FS would you have added to this team.

You said it was 22 mil, and I showed you that you were WRONG.  

As other point out its funny how you make up the idea that a shoulder injury, that you have not the slighest idea about, might make him not play. 

Dude, just stop.   or at least tell us what you would do instead.    What FS would you have added to this team.

Deflect as much as you want from not answering my question.

Your point is its only 1 year 3.5 million exposure for a guy who already has some injury related question marks against him. My question was name a competent NFL organization that would do that.

More information may come out about this and i reserve the right to modify my opinion according to the new info but in the here and the now this has potential to make this organization stupid. Period.

Deflect as much as you want from not answering my question.

Your point is its only 1 year 3.5 million exposure for a guy who already has some injury related question marks against him. My question was name a competent NFL organization that would do that.

More information may come out about this and i reserve the right to modify my opinion according to the new info but in the here and the now this has potential to make this organization stupid. Period.

wait

you think no NFL team has ever given 3.5 million to an NFL player that has had an injury ?

I think I also showed how you were completely wrong along with the personal attack.

Apparently he realizes its now a trend to ignore the sad nature of these whiny illogical posts.  "This doesn't happen on a competently managed team" and his hero is John freaking Idzik !!!  Better to have the players you sign go AWOL or get pulled over with an arsenal in their vehicle before they play their first game for us. 

As far as the player... if we do not know the nature of the injury or how he injured himself, how do you piss and moan?   What if he fell down the stairs yesterday?   If he is on the field full-go in August, I'm not concerned at all.

wait

you think no NFL team has ever given 3.5 million to an NFL player that has had an injury ?

Hahahaha... here is what i said.

As far as your point, let me know which competent NFL organization would give 3.5 mill to a free agent with chronic shoulder issues that may prevent him from contributing fully. That too to a non-Pro Bowl player who has not established any level of super eliteness on the field. Sure, teams take a chance on a Pro Bowl caliber player's once in a while who's recent performances may have stagnated in the hope they turn around BUT that's not the case in this situation.

Yes if you can find one let me know.

I am not sure about the timing of this injury. If its a brand new injury that happened after signing the contract you can chalk  it to bad luck.

But If it was something pre-existing than the FO will have to answer some questions. How do you give a 22 mill contract to guy with chronic issues that keep him off the field. So what we have is the a bunch of free agents who are old or have chronic injury issues or both. At this point in time not too comforting by any standards.

Sweet jumpin' Jesus on a friggin pogo stick!

Do you ever get anything right?   The guy has missed 2 games in his 4 years in the NFL, and those were in his rookie year.  So in what alternate universe can he not stay on the field due to chronic injuries?  In other words: 2011-14 games; 2012-16 games; 2013-16 games; 2014-16 games.   Give it an effin' rest.

All i am saying is if there are question marks at this point of time it is a real head scratcher. The more worrisome thing if the way this news has been released it might portend to this kid being a training camp non starter and missing atleast a few weeks of training camp. Operative words being might portend. As someone said, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Sweet jumpin' Jesus on a friggin pogo stick!

Do you ever get anything right?   The guy has missed 2 games in his 4 years in the NFL, and those were in his rookie year.  So in what alternate universe can he not stay on the field due to chronic injuries?  In other words: 2011-14 games; 2012-16 games; 2013-16 games; 2014-16 games.   Give it an effin' rest.

Amen!  and to answer your first question.... NO, HE DOES NOT!

Archived