Dez Bryant gets his deal with cowboys

faba

They perceive something far different than the production and value they give their teams. They'd rather have the big name talent than the more productive player(s)

Problem with Jordy is he isn't in your face enough and plays in GB

Dez Bryant in Green Bays system with Rodgers throwing to him would be more productive than Nelson and I love Jordy Nelson.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dez Bryant in Green Bays system with Rodgers throwing to him would be more productive than Nelson and I love Jordy Nelson.

Dez isn't playing with Geno, he's with a QB who's a chucker like Rodgers. I know Rodgers is a lot better but they both are 4K per year guys. Nelson has better numbers than Dez, even if Dezs numbers go up they don't go up enough over Nelson to make up the $$ difference. Nelson is a bargain

Dez isn't playing with Geno, he's with a QB who's a chucker like Rodgers. I know Rodgers is a lot better but they both are 4K per year guys. Nelson has better numbers than Dez, even if Dezs numbers go up they don't go up enough over Nelson to make up the $$ difference. Nelson is a bargain

Omfg nobody's saying he's playing with a scrub QB he just doesn't happen to be playing with the best qb on the planet and the leagues most WR-friendly offense.

I love Nelson I had him in fantasy last year and watched every game he played he is not as good as Dez Bryant I'm sorry.

Omfg nobody's saying he's playing with a scrub QB he just doesn't happen to be playing with the best qb on the planet and the leagues most WR-friendly offense.

I love Nelson I had him in fantasy last year and watched every game he played he is not as good as Dez Bryant I'm sorry.

No, you're trying to make a case that the QB's are the reason for either of these two being two of the best.  Nelson isnt a product of Rodgers anymore than Dez is of Romo.  

Or the equally wrong idea that he's the product of the offensive scheme.

Start off with 14 mil is not 6.

His deal was somewhat similar to the guys who were drafted in similar spots before him, minus around 500 thousand to 1 million. What made it a friendly deal was the fact that the NFL used him as the poster child to say "look at this top 5 talent" and the deal he signed and compared it to top 10 busts of previous years who made enormous amounts of money (Jamarcus Russell for example). The problem isnt the deal in relation to where he was drafted, but using his contract in comparison other talent that was taken much higher than he was though he wasnt a top 10 drafted player to a top 5 talent. And though I agree that it was the right move to pass on him coming into the league, it was wrong to use his contract as a way to influence future deals to guys actually taken in the top 10, especially when in hindsight the 4 of the 5 years he was under that contract he outperformed it. I remember NFL Analysts that year pushing that rhetoric.

In that regard it was a very friendly deal. Also the year that Dez came out was the last year of those mega contracts.

His agent gets maybe 10%. No one pays over 50% taxes.

His agent gets maybe 10%. No one pays over 50% taxes.

Okay so instead of 6 it's seven assuming a high tax state. Still not set in retirement money for him.

Archived