My Thoughts, Vol. II

varjet

Vick screwed over the team and the fans by not being ready but let's be objective here Geno Smith--starting QB of the NYJ--no showed the pre game meeting and was too stupid to even have the follow up lie ready of what movie he saw. Rex did nothing. No accountability whatsoever. It trickled down from the top.

I agree 100%. Totally true. I was a supporter of Rex until I seen the interview where when asked about his thoughts on Vick saying that he wasnt ready, Rex response was "It took a man to admit to that". That very moment I knew that Rex no longer needed to be the Jets coach. 

With that said, Vick nor any other QB ever proved themselves to be better than the QB the Jets ultimately put on the field. This is precisely the reason why I wanted to trade for Glennon over getting a guy like Fitz. 

If FItz cant beat out Geno and Geno doesnt do well we have a problem, If Fitz beats out Geno and doesnt do well we have a problem, if Fitz does do well how low will that be?....then we still have a problem. 

Getting another young guy in there with no injury history and has also beaten out starters on his team based on his performance (Not that it was acknowledged by his coach) was exactly what we needed. 

I hear what people are saying regarding not just giving the job to a guy, but its not like we actually provided some talent at the position to even challenge Geno/Sanchez. You know its bad when I've been recommending all summer to bring in competition yet when we do (Fitz) I absolutely didnt believe that he could do it. Fitz to me is like Garrard, Brunell, Tebow etc. You really dont want to see them on the field. 

I agree 100%. Totally true. I was a supporter of Rex until I seen the interview where when asked about his thoughts on Vick saying that he wasnt ready, Rex response was "It took a man to admit to that". That very moment I knew that Rex no longer needed to be the Jets coach. 

With that said, Vick nor any other QB ever proved themselves to be better than the QB the Jets ultimately put on the field. This is precisely the reason why I wanted to trade for Glennon over getting a guy like Fitz. 

If FItz cant beat out Geno and Geno doesnt do well we have a problem, If Fitz beats out Geno and doesnt do well we have a problem, if Fitz does do well how low will that be?....then we still have a problem. 

Getting another young guy in there with no injury history and has also beaten out starters on his team based on his performance (Not that it was acknowledged by his coach) was exactly what we needed. 

I hear what people are saying regarding not just giving the job to a guy, but its not like we actually provided some talent at the position to even challenge Geno/Sanchez. You know its bad when I've been recommending all summer to bring in competition yet when we do (Fitz) I absolutely didnt believe that he could do it. Fitz to me is like Garrard, Brunell, Tebow etc. You really dont want to see them on the field. 

I'm down with increasing our chances by getting several young guys in here and letting them scrap.  The "Draft a QB high every 5 years and go all in on him" strategy is fail.

Archived