Chad Film Review Of Decker

KRL

Parcels took a laughable 1-15 team and turned then into SB favorites by year 3 (Vinnys Achilles changed that). Herm took over a stellar team and practically ran it aground. Again, Jets coaches have been so poor that he still ranks top 5, but no chance above Parcells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love BP for what he did, he turned us from laughingstock to contenders BUT that team was loaded w/ talent and he knew it which was why he came here and only committed 2 years to hess and they stayed a 3rd after hess died.

as pure coach BP would be #1 but as Jet coaches BP is not #1 w/ only 1 playoff app and 1 playoff win in 3 years.

You won't get anywhere claiming that anyone said he was top 5 or even top 10 coach. No one of any relevance in the media or even a messageboard said that.

Plenty of people said they believed in him, though, and there is a difference between these sentiments. I think you might be remembering it wrong because it's been awhile.

Speaking of believing and why notables believe: Brian Biliick yesterday on the radio, basically predicted this finish for the AFC East:

1) Bills

2) Pats

3) Phins

4) Jets

- said nice things about teams 1-3 but that the Jets really didn't show him anything in Week 1 (because the Browns suck, of course).  

Now - we can take this personally or just realize that the guy has close ties to Rex Ryan (Ravens) and is offering an assessment based on little else. 

If Rex was still HC (*shudder*) he would have penciled in Jets at #1.

In closing my point is to take all this bullcrap with a hefty grain of salt.

I haven't heard one commentator pick the Jets ahead of the Bills.  But I can live with that.  I'd rather be under the radar.

So are folks here accusing a guy who goes by the name of "Sperm" Edwards that he is somehow defending or praising Herm, and not simply pointing to past touting of him as a means to mock the absurd praise of both the noodle and the butt fumble, which had been done earlier in this thread?

very absurd.  In our history we have 14 playoff apps and 12 playoff wins in 55 seasons. w/ those 2 QBs we made it 5 times and won 6 playoff games(in essentially 7 seasons) but yeah it's absurd to appreciate what those guys did.

very absurd.  In our history we have 14 playoff apps and 12 playoff wins in 55 seasons. w/ those 2 QBs we made it 5 times and won 6 playoff games(in essentially 7 seasons) but yeah it's absurd to appreciate what those guys did.

You mean kind of like how the Jets made it to the playoffs in 3 of the 5 seasons Herm was HC?  Your argument would seem to support that the level of appreciation for those three should all be quite comparable to each other.

You mean kind of like how the Jets made it to the playoffs in 3 of the 5 seasons Herm was HC?  Your argument would seem to support that the level of appreciation for those three should all be quite comparable to each other.

I appreciate Herm, no one defended him more than myself but he was not a "great" HC or top 5 HC.  he was a good HC and did a good job for our team.

He really explains why Kerly is not getting as much of a run anymore.  He is a poor blocker!!

It's all about mismatches. They used Decker in the slot 50% of the time. Some times Marshall. They want to either have Decker/Marshall covered by a smaller quicker corner, or they want to draw the #1 corner inside. If Kerley is in then they'll easily follow him outside with the nickel corner. If it's Owusu, or Smith then they won't be so quick to try to cover him down the sideline with a slot corner.  

You won't get anywhere claiming that anyone said he was top 5 or even top 10 coach. No one of any relevance in the media or even a messageboard said that.

Plenty of people said they believed in him, though, and there is a difference between these sentiments. I think you might be remembering it wrong because it's been awhile.

Speaking of believing and why notables believe: Brian Biliick yesterday on the radio, basically predicted this finish for the AFC East:

1) Bills

2) Pats

3) Phins

4) Jets

- said nice things about teams 1-3 but that the Jets really didn't show him anything in Week 1 (because the Browns suck, of course).  

Now - we can take this personally or just realize that the guy has close ties to Rex Ryan (Ravens) and is offering an assessment based on little else. 

If Rex was still HC (*shudder*) he would have penciled in Jets at #1.

In closing my point is to take all this bullcrap with a hefty grain of salt.

If you think Billick actually watches the games you're wrong. He may, or may not watch sports center.

Archived