Game Review: Jets-Redskins (Marshall Interview)

Villain The Foe

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Game-Review-Jets-Redskins/2dd6ac84-08d8-4b33-ac8f-5390210b45b6

Brandon Marshall is just impressive to me. Love how when he explains himself regarding his comments of Ivory being the best in the league that there's no "chuckling" as he talks. This guy sincerely believes it. Marshall is an absolute motivator to his teammates and a spark plug for this offense. I never followed Marshall closely before becoming a jet in regards to his personality or interaction with teammates, but I just dont see this "troublemaking-cancer to a locker room" people have talked about. It just looks to me that this guy isnt going to make excuses for losing and will tell it like it is. Seems like he will compliment you on your success and approach any half-azz performances. 

Marshall at this point is going to me me spend money on his Jersey. Love this guy man. That trade with Chicago could go down as the best the Jets have ever made. This is a guy that actually WANTED to come to the Jets to play with our players. This guy is such a breath of fresh football air.

You're quite the beast yourself Brandon! Keep up the great work. 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Game-Review-Jets-Redskins/2dd6ac84-08d8-4b33-ac8f-5390210b45b6

Brandon Marshall is just impressive to me. Love how when he explains himself regarding his comments of Ivory being the best in the league that there's no "chuckling" as he talks. This guy sincerely believes it. Marshall is an absolute motivator to his teammates and a spark plug for this offense. I never followed Marshall closely before becoming a jet in regards to his personality or interaction with teammates, but I just dont see this "troublemaking-cancer to a locker room" people have talked about. It just looks to me that this guy isnt going to make excuses for losing and will tell it like it is. Seems like he will compliment you on your success and approach any half-azz performances.

Marshall at this point is going to me me spend money on his Jersey. Love this guy man. That trade with Chicago could go down as the best the Jets have ever made. This is a guy that actually WANTED to come to the Jets to play with our players. This guy is such a breath of fresh football air.

Great that Bowles knew what he was getting with Marshall from his time in Miami.  I gained a lot of respect for Marshall after the ESPN/HBO special on his personality disorder.  very cerebral

Great that Bowles knew what he was getting with Marshall from his time in Miami.  I gained a lot of respect for Marshall after the ESPN/HBO special on his personality disorder.  very cerebral

No way you don't come away from that impressed.  Truly a guy trying to be the best version of himself.  In an era that professional athletes making it hard to root for them, Brandon is an easy one to root for.

Agreed about Marshall.  The dude has been a beast for his whole career but great to watch him every week, and what he does to open up the whole offense.  And when you play like that, you can wear whatever hat you want.

I was at the game, I got to really see the entire field and Washington was completely focused on stopping the run.  To the point where they were out right disrespecting Marshall. 8-9 in the box, single coverage on the receivers with no safety help.  And Ivory still got off.  Fitz could have literally thrown to Marshall on every single down.  It was that ridiculous. But clearly Gailey stuck to the game plan and fed Ivory, who took advantage and got the most out of it.

One thing about Marshall:

He's been a great player and teammate the first year of every team he's played for.

It's the years after that the problems occur.

Will they happen here?

I truly hope not, but the guy has a long history that says otherwise.

How was he a problem in Chicago?

What he do, say they needed better play at QB after years of pumping Cutler up?  Was he wrong? Was it different from what everyone else knew and was saying?

The Jets are a smash mouth NFL team. No doubt that Ivory is a leader. 

Not so sure about that.  Deckers been hurt most of the season.  Would love to see him and Marshall with Decker healthy.  He was open all day, every play.  Two 6' 4" WRs with a healthy running game, this team can do whatever they want depending on the team they're lining up against.  

Not so sure about that.  Deckers been hurt most of the season.  Would love to see him and Marshall with Decker healthy.  He was open all day, every play.  Two 6' 4" WRs with a healthy running game, this team can do whatever they want depending on the team they're lining up against.  

I agree. I think the Jets are a bit more versatile on offense now. 

How was he a problem in Chicago?

What he do, say they needed better play at QB after years of pumping Cutler up?  Was he wrong? Was it different from what everyone else knew and was saying?

I live in Illinois and the local media (who were blowing him the first two years he was here) were blasting him on things he was doing behind the scenes.

Basically he was regularly screaming at people in the locker room, not in a rah rah type of way.

It was happening so much that half the team started walking out of meetings and such because of him.

Then that press conference he gave about the woman he attacked.  

I guess the Bears begged him not to do it, but he did anyway.

These things might not seem like a big deal, but the Bears gave him away to us because of them.

Like I said earlier, I hope this doesn't happen here cause the guy is a stud.

Just giving out the warning.

I live in Illinois and the local media (who were blowing him the first two years he was here) were blasting him on things he was doing behind the scenes.

Basically he was regularly screaming at people in the locker room, not in a rah rah type of way.

It was happening so much that half the team started walking out of meetings and such because of him.

Then that press conference he gave about the woman he attacked.  

I guess the Bears begged him not to do it, but he did anyway.

These things might not seem like a big deal, but the Bears gave him away to us because of them.

Like I said earlier, I hope this doesn't happen here cause the guy is a stud.

Just giving out the warning.

By the way those guys are playing out there in Chicago it seems like someone still needs to scream at them. 

Archived