Brady on Jets : They're similar to us ~ ~ ~

kelly

Fail

NE has the # 1 rush offense in the league. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

The NFLs 8th ranked defense is getting better every week. Jamie Collins is turning into a BEAST! http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Fair points. This will be a very interesting match up. But aren't you just a tad worried about your ability to stop the rush? Your defense has been gashed in that department and you will be facing a very good rushing offense in the Jets.

Fair points. This will be a very interesting match up. But aren't you just a tad worried about your ability to stop the rush? Your defense has been gashed in that department and you will be facing a very good rushing offense in the Jets.

Mayo was burned for an 18 yard run from Gore last game and was pulled out. Malcom Brown is a newbie. NE needs Hightower back asap.

I think NE will improve as the season goes on. Ivory will have his runs.

Since you hate all four of New England's Lombardi trophies, I'm assuming the answer is New England? Can you point me to a news/article source you used to compile this factoid? I'd be interested in reading.

I don't hate anything.  Well, I hate white faced hornets.  I mean seriously wtf ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492229/article/draft-picks-that-have-been-stripped-from-nfl-teams-since-1980

do you think the pats* have stopped cheating, or do they still cheat ?

They have stopped. They do not cheat anymore.

1. Spygate. As I'm sure you know, filming was going on not just for the Patriots, but many other teams. It was so rampant, the NFL sent out memos telling teams to stop. And yes, the Patriots were dumb enough NOT to, continued, and faced the penalties. They got what they deserved, paid the price, and moved on. After they got whacked week 1 against the Jets in 2007, how much longer after that do you think hand signals helped the Patriots win? I will give you Spygate. That was a thing.

2. Deflategate. I guess you call this cheating in the classical sense, but I see it more as a personal preference. For me, cheating has to yield some result or benefit. I'll bet if I told Brady his stats are through the roof playing with regulation footballs, he'd say, "I know, but I just like them the way I like them." This is one that I was scratching my head on. The proof is in the pudding, Brady plays much better with regulation footballs, yet he likes them on the soft side? I didn't get it.

So #1, you possibly could get some benefit long term if teams didn't change hand signals. For #2, Brady got no benefit whatsoever. And for those who speak about soft balls better for fumbling, someone should have told Ridley this. He needed his balls at about 5 PSI to avoid fumbling. Also, what people forget, at least two of the colts balls (that they measured, there could be more they didn't measure them all) were under regulation PSI-- just like every football in every NFL cold weather game where teams want them at 12.5 PSI. 12.5 PSI at room temperature before game, then they hit the field outdoors in Dec/Jan. and boom, illegal balls! The NFL needs to stop that.

So what I've learned, cheating can be dumb.

lol

what about injury report gate ?  you don't have canned responses form pats* boards for that ?

did you think they stopped cheating after spygate ?

Do you not think *every* team has manipulated the injury report? Just because one team gets hit for doing it, doesn't mean they are the only ones. LOL and that wasn't a canned response, I actually took the time to write that, no copy/paste there.

so you are going with the canned "everybody does it" pats* message board response ?

don't waste your time, lol

so you are going with the canned "everybody does it" pats* message board response ?

don't waste your time, lol

Sighs. Yes, everyone does it, but only few get caught. Did you read the part where I said they got what they deserved for spygate? Of all the "cheating" scandals, I'll give you that one everyday. I'm still trying to figure out what deflategate was all about though.

Sighs. Yes, everyone does it, but only few get caught. Did you read the part where I said they got what they deserved for spygate? Of all the "cheating" scandals, I'll give you that one everyday. I'm still trying to figure out what deflategate was all about though.

correction, only 1 team lost a draft pick over it, lol

deflategate was a classic example of the cover-up being worse than the crime, and the owners are totally sick of the pats* bullsh*t and made roger go balls to the wall.  this was never about psi or grip.  this was the league telling kraft to cut the sh*t

correction, only 1 team lost a draft pick over it, lol

deflategate was a classic example of the cover-up being worse than the crime, and the owners are totally sick of the pats* bullsh*t and made roger go balls to the wall.  this was never about psi or grip.  this was the league telling kraft to cut the sh*t

And to that point I would agree with you. How do you think I felt after having lived down spygate, and as it was drifting into the deep sleep, here comes a new controversy. Believe me, I was more pissed at BB and NE than you were when that broke. And yes, I felt like I was lied to when Brady took that podium and said he touches the balls and doesn't care much more about them after that. I'm not a moron. I believe with all my being that Brady told these guys explicitly he likes his ball light. Now, as anyone with half a brain knows, plausible deniability is a real thing, and I doubt very much Brady told or ordered anyone to deflate footballs (tamper) after they are inspected. Those texts confirmed one thing, Brady was *very* aware of how he liked his footballs. What I don't understand is how the Colts would let a team cheat on them for half a game in the AFCCG no less. I would have gone public with that info to persuade NE not to do anything in that game. But then to suffer a worse fait in the second half with legit balls.. that's just too funny.

Stopping the run seems to be an issue every year for NE. But they usually negate the run game somewhat by letting guys go nuts inside the 20s, and then clamping down and holding teams to 3. If a team wants to take 8 minutes off the clock with a long drive fueled by runs, and only end up with 3, I think I'll take that. It's what the Cowboys did to the Patriots this year in the 3rd quarter. They went almost 9 minutes, got 3. Patriots get 7. See how the math doesn't add up after long?

How are the Jets in the Red Zone this year?

Point being that your bend don't break paradigm may not hold up in this game. Jets have the capacity to run down the Pats' throat in the red zone.

That point has not escaped me. I would be lying if I said I'm not worried about the Jets run game. It's not going to keep me up tonight, but it is an area of concern. As I've said before, I think this is a much different and better Jets team than I've seen in the last many years. So I'm not taking this game lightly. I want Patriots to put up 40+ points. Realistically, I think if we get 21-24 points, we can win.

That point has not escaped me. I would be lying if I said I'm not worried about the Jets run game. It's not going to keep me up tonight, but it is an area of concern. As I've said before, I think this is a much different and better Jets team than I've seen in the last many years. So I'm not taking this game lightly. I want Patriots to put up 40+ points. Realistically, I think if we get 21-24 points, we can win.

All I'll say is that it should be a close game and a fun one, if the Jets don't give up a lot of turnovers. If the Jets play a steady and clean game, the Pats will have their hands full.

Disgraceful? BP essentially told him "you are going to be the next head coach of the Jets." Only problem, BB didn't want the job.

If you think that accepting a signing bonus only to resign three days later, by hand written note delivered by fax that simply says "I resign as HC of the NYJ" is the way a decent human being conducts themself, then you also have terrible judgment. It's sad that you live so blindly in your allegiance to a meaningless sports team that you can't see him for what he is. I hope you don't have children. 

There are almost NO similarities.

We can run the ball and play defense. They can't.

They have a QB. We don't. Same goes for TE.

When a Jets player is disciplined by the league, he takes accountability and serves his punishment. Theirs whine, bitch, blame everyone else, lie, destroy evidence, then get away with it on a technicality in a collective bargaining agreement.

Our head coach appears to be a class act. Theirs is the scumiest of scum.

yup

-- The New York Jets have 10 games to secure a wild card. They won't win the AFC East, not as long as Tom Brady is healthy and slinging passes for the New England Patriots. Sunday was the day to make that stand, but the Jets, as usual, got their hearts crushed by the ageless Brady, whose pitch count was so high he'd be asking for extra rest if Scott Boras were his agent.

The script was oh-so familiar: The Jets played well. They showed heart. They frustrated Brady for stretches. They made the Patriots one-dimensional.

Unfortunately for the Jets, that one dimension was Brady, who threw 54 times out of 66 plays. This time, it was a 30-23 loss for the Jets, whose postgame locker room sounded like 2014. Or 2013. Or pretty much any year over the past 15."I'm [angry], because I feel like we had them," guard Willie Colon said. "I feel like we were the better team out there, but obviously we weren't."This is what happens in these "Border War" showdowns: If they're not setting records, the Patriots are turning the Jets into broken records. As Colon said, "It's tough to keep swallowing this pill." It was a maddening defeat because they blew a fourth-quarter lead, thanks to Brandon Marshall's butter-finger moment in the end zone, questionable clock management by Todd Bowles, a couple of breakdowns in pass coverage and the Hail Mary that never happened.

That's it, that's all it takes to lose to Brady -- just a few flubs.

"It's frustrating," linebacker Calvin Pace said. "It's why one day that guy will be in the Hall of Fame."

The Jets made it a 60-minute game, hanging in there on a day in which running back Chris Ivory was slowed by a cranky hamstring. Clearly not himself, Ivory was a pedestrian back, managing only 41 yards on 17 carries. Marshall was invisible for most of the day, air-brushed out of the picture by the Patriots' constant double-teaming. Still, the Jets didn't fold. If they had faced any other quarterback, the Jets probably would've won. But Brady was flawless, throwing for two touchdowns and 355 yards despite six dropped passes.Unlike their most recent trips to Foxborough, the Jets' performance wasn't a fluke. This was a good team coming up a few plays short against arguably the best quarterback in history. In past years, from 2012 to 2014, they pushed the Patriots to the limit by playing over their head. Under Rex Ryan, they usually saved their best for the Patriots, losing with dignity. But you always knew they wouldn't be able to sustain it over the season.

This time, the feeling is different. The Jets (4-2) aren't going anywhere and, unless they're decimated by injuries, the rematch (Dec. 27 at MetLife Stadium) will mean something. The divide between the two teams no longer is Grand Canyon-esque.

"Very little," Marshall said, responding to the proverbial "gap" question that surfaces every time these teams play.

On this day, the Jets needed to be perfect. They needed Bowles to be perfect, and he wasn't. In the final 2:50 of the game, he let the Patriots run the clock, passing up two opportunities in which he should've used a defensive timeout. Earlier in the quarter, he played a soft Cover-2 defense on a third-and-17, leaving the middle open for Julian Edelman. It was Brady to Edelman for 27 yards.

"That was the backbreaker," cornerback Antonio Cromartie said.

The Jets made a long field goal, recovered an onside kick (a rare play by the special teams) and got into position for a Hail Mary. It never happened because of a game-ending penalty on Marshall. Instead, the day turned into a Hail Brady."I think they respect us, I do, just like we respect them," Pace said. "That doesn't win you championships, though -- respect."

Don't they know it.

>    http://espn.go.com/blog/newyork-jets/post/_/id/55382/once-again-jets-are-playing-for-second-place-a-very-brady-reality

Archived