Jets in Win and In games

nyjunc

1). Again, since the merger, Jets, Browns and Lions are the only 3 teams never to play in the Super Bowl.

2). What facts do you have that the Jets are so much better than all those teams you listed? You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but that is all it is.

You blur the line between troll and ass

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a lot of talk about how we always fail in win and in games, the reality is we have only lost 4 times in our history.  yes they are painful and we remember them but 4 times in almost 60 years isn't terrible.  see below for our history of win and in games. 

1981 week 16 vs. Green bay: Jets win 28-3, make playoffs

1985 week 16 vs. Cleveland: Jets win 37-10, make playoffs

1991 week 17 at Miami: Jets win 23-20(ot), make playoffs.  this was like a playoff to get to playoffs as winner made it and loser was out

1993 week 18 at Houston: Jets lose 24-0

1997 week 17 at Detroit: Jets lose 13-10

2000 week 17 at Baltimore: Jets lose 34-20

2002 week 17 vs. Green Bay: Jets win 42-17, win division(I included this b/c by the 2nd qtr we knew Miami lost and it was win and in though we needed help going into the day)

2006 week 17 vs. Oakland: Jets win 23-3, make playoffs

2009 week 17 vs. Cincinnati: Jets win 37-0, make playoffs

2015 week 17 at Buffalo: Jets lose 22-17

Overall 6-4.

You're limiting it to the last game of the season? We had more "win and we're in" late-season games than that, some occurring in those same seasons. Like 2000, I think it was win and we're in for any of the last 3 games when we were sitting pretty at 9-4. We lost all 3 of our remaining games. I'm sure that happened more than once.

No, YOU can say they've lost too many regular seasons games and I would say they're probably middle of the pack won and lost over the last 15.

The schedule argument to me is lame, its an excuse to try and denigrate records.  You have no clue what other teams you aspire to be were today.  Leave that one

Our record in win and in games says a lot.  Yeah, its not 6-4, its actually 8-5 whatever.  Saw that too.  Its over .500, hardly OH SH1T WE SUCK, SOJs

We weren't in contention since 2010?

What does any of this outside of losing games you need to get into the playoffs have to do with SOJs?  Love that youre now expanding it to everything and anything

Youre talking because you feel like WHINING.  Admit it, your balls are twisted because they didnt beat the Bills and youre lashing out at some stupid we're the  SOJ nonsense. as if thats the reason why.  That a loss this past weekend is related to a loss in 1980.  Couldn't be helped we're dooooooooomed forever.  Its nonsense.    

"No, YOU can say"....lol. 

the rest was TL;DR

We're not in the playoffs for the 5th straight season. simple as that. SOJ

You're limiting it to the last game of the season? We had more "win and we're in" late-season games than that, some occurring in those same seasons. Like 2000, I think it was win and we're in for any of the last 3 games when we were sitting pretty at 9-4. We lost all 3 of our remaining games. I'm sure that happened more than once.

@nyjunc will to do a bunch of clarifying to show how those win and in scenarios werent win and in scenarios. 

It would further damage that fraudulent 6-4 record. 

for the purposes of this thread it was final week win and in/lose and out.  we can go back to many other weeks where we lost games that ultimately cost us playoff spots but w/ this was about w/ everything on the line the final week(whether week 16, 17 or 18 depending upon the season).

for the purposes of this thread it was final week win and in/lose and out.  we can go back to many other weeks where we lost games that ultimately cost us playoff spots but w/ this was about w/ everything on the line the final week(whether week 16, 17 or 18 depending upon the season).

OK you didn't specify. But my point was everything was surely on the line in other games as well.

OK you didn't specify. But my point was everything was surely on the line in other games as well.

this was specifically about last week.  there was some misinformation on the board that we always lose these games, clearly that's not the case.  of course we have had some other damaging late game losses whether it's 1967, 1993, 2000, 2008, 2011 but this thread is specifically about final week.

Why aren't the Jets in the same category as the Browns and Lions?

They are the only 3 original teams since the NFL/AFL merger never to play in the Super Bowl.

Um, because the Lions and Browns have never been to a SuperBowl - at all, let alone win one - and rarely ever go to the playoffs. Certianly not as often as the Jets.

PS: You're a moron.

Archived