Jets in Win and In games

nyjunc

Making things up? They lost the game. Thats not made up. You make a statement then trying to "clarify" your statement (which was the backpedal) doesnt change the fact that no matter how you want to call it the Jets were in a "Win and in" situation and lost the game. 

The fact that you cant even admit that isnt surprising. I've seen you defend the pats which was just as ridiculous. 

And you're welcome, I enjoyed playing. Please, have the last word, it doesnt really matter given that the Jets are what they are at this point. 

I CLARIFIED the initial post and did so BEFORE you ever posted but please carry on w/ your ramblings.  you amuse me.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if it was a game that we needed to win to make the playoffs how did we lose and still make the playoffs?

Easy. We "backed in". Ever heard of the term? 

I'll give you an example. The 2015 game that you have as part of your listing, if the Steelers would have lost their game against the Browns the jets TODAY would be in the playoffs by "backing in". 

But its obvious that you know this so why even ask the question. 

The reason why the 2004 game was relevant is because it was about "Winning and getting in", in terms of controlling your own destiny  in week 17 which was the point of your thread before you began the "clarifying". 

if it was a game that we needed to win to make the playoffs how did we lose and still make the playoffs?

Then, why even list 2015? All we needed was to have Pittsburgh lose. We've all been misplacing our anger the past two days. We should be super pissed at Cleveland for not doing their part so the Jets wouldn't have had to bother themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give you an example. The 2015 game that you have as part of your listing, if the Steelers would have lost their game against the Browns the jets TODAY would be in the playoffs by "backing in". 

no such thing as backing in, you either win the required amount or you don't.  whether it's starting 10-0 and making the playoffs at 10-6 or starting 0-6 and making the playoffs at 10-6.  you either win the required amount or you don't and none of these makes the situations the same as has been explained numerous times.

Then, why even list 2015? All we needed was to have Pittsburgh lose. We've all been misplacing our anger the past two days. We should be super pissed at Cleveland for not doing their part so the Jets wouldn't have had to bother themselves.

b/c if we won we made it, we lost and were out.  in 2004 we lost and made it, I didn't include losses in 2007 and 2011 either b/c had we won we still would not have made it.

I don't understand why this is so confusing to so many people?

b/c if we won we made it, we lost and were out.  in 2004 we lost and made it, I didn't include losses in 2007 and 2011 either b/c had we won we still would not have made it.

I don't understand why this is so confusing to so many people?

It's confusing to no one except you.

The reason why the 2004 game was relevant is because it was about "Winning and getting in", in terms of controlling your own destiny  in week 17 which was the point of your thread before you began the "clarifying". 

Responding to your edit here.  ONCE AGAIN this was about win and in/lose and out and ONCE AGAIN we had CLINCHED before our game was over and we made a decision based on having already clinched.  the situations would have been the same IF Pitt lost at Cleveland AND we were tied late or in OT.  2 things that NEVER happened.

the point of my thread was win and in/lose and out which was posted BEFORE you brought your misinformed ramblings to the thread.

Do you really want to go there when your username looks like "New York Junk"?

not bashing your username just wondering if you are just trolling.  that's really the only explanation.

not bashing your username just wondering if you are just trolling.  that's really the only explanation.

I'm not. You are trying to argue that two Jets teams that entered week 17 in the EXACT SAME SCENARIO are totally different because the 2004 team lucked up and had the Bills lose to the Steelers backups.

no such thing as backing in, you either win the required amount or you don't.  whether it's starting 10-0 and making the playoffs at 10-6 or starting 0-6 and making the playoffs at 10-6.  you either win the required amount or you don't and none of these makes the situations the same as has been explained numerous times.

lol Okay buddy. 

I'll stop wasting my time talking to you. 

I'm not. You are trying to argue that two Jets teams that entered week 17 in the EXACT SAME SCENARIO are totally different because the 2004 team lucked up and had the Bills lose to the Steelers backups.

AGAIN, I could not edit the original post for some reason but I posted later "WIN AND IN/LOSE AND OUT".  we lost and weren't out so that disqualifies the game.  Ignoring that, as you guys have done, the situations were similar heading into the games but they were not similar when the games played out since we already knew we were in before our game ended and while the game was headed to OT.

AGAIN, I could not edit the original post for some reason but I posted later "WIN AND IN/LOSE AND OUT".  we lost and weren't out so that disqualifies the game.  Ignoring that, as you guys have done, the situations were similar heading into the games but they were not similar when the games played out since we already knew we were in before our game ended and while the game was headed to OT.

why don't you know when to stop?  Geez.  put this topic to bed already.  

Yeah they may be, but when have the Jets done anything to change it? 

The fact that we're talking about it today atleast shows to some degree that those whiney individuals have a case. 

They've won regular season games.  Played really well at times.  Put together solid teams and seasons.  Won in the playoffs as underdogs.  

Our record in win and in says a lot about the amount of whining some do

They havent won the SB but have been in contention.  Are not the Cards, Browns, Titans, Bucs, Panthers etc over the past 10-15 years.

And the fact that we are talking about it has nothing to do with having a case.  It has to do with some who go from "I love Fitz, Love Bowles, Love Macc, Love blah, blah blah to "We sucks we're the SOJs."

And just because people say stupid shlt it doesnt go from stupid shlt to a case.

They've won regular season games.  Played really well at times.  Put together solid teams and seasons.  Won in the playoffs as underdogs.  

They havent won the SB but have been in contention.  Are not the Cards, Browns, Titans, Bucs, Panthers etc over the past 10-15 years.

While agree with your not SOJ position, I have to call you out on this.

We are NOT the Browns.  They and the Lions (not on your list) are in a category by themselves.

The others have all made it to the SuperBowl in relatively recent past. And either the Panthers and Cards will likely go this season.

The Jets have the longest SB drought of any team that has ever been to the big game and most of their fans were not alive when that happened.  

While agree with your not SOJ position, I have to call you out on this.

We are NOT the Browns.  They and the Lions (not on your list) are in a category by themselves.

The others have all made it to the SuperBowl in relatively recent past. And either the Panthers and Cards will likely go this season.

The Jets have the longest SB drought of any team that has ever been to the big game and most of their fans were not alive when that happened.  

Point is how many SB wins do the Panthers have?

The Cards?  How did the Cards lose their SB game?  Santonio Holmes last second toe grab?  

Can you imagine if we made it to the SB and lost that way?  Think we might get a few SOJ comments over that too

And the fact that we are talking about it has nothing to do with having a case.  It has to do with some who go from "I love Fitz, Love Bowles, Love Macc, Love blah, blah blah to "We sucks we're the SOJs."

And just because people say stupid shlt it doesnt go from stupid shlt to a case.

Or we could say: 

They lost too many regular season games, didnt play well at times, put together arguably the most talented team but didnt make the playoffs with the easiest schedule I've seen and havent been to or won a playoff game in 5 years

Our record in "win and in" doesnt say alot when you realize that the record wasnt 6-4 like you thought it was when you look at the actual games. 

They havent won a SB but havent been in contention since 2010, Im not talking about the Cards, Browns, Titans, Bucs or Panthers. 

The fact that im talking about this has everything to do with the case of "SOJ"

And just because people dont like to accept the case doesnt make the case stupid sh*t. 

The Cards?  How did the Cards lose their SB game?  Santonio Holmes last second toe grab?  

Can you imagine if we made it to the SB and lost that way?  Think we might get a few SOJ comments over that too

There is something to be said for making it to the promised land.  That said, you're right about going and losing.  I'm not sure what is worse.  Losing the SB like the Cards did might literally kill me.

Or we could say: 

They lost too many regular season games, didnt play well at times, put together arguably the most talented team but didnt make the playoffs with the easiest schedule I've seen and havent been to or won a playoff game in 5 years

Our record in "win and in" doesnt say alot when you realize that the record wasnt 6-4 like you thought it was when you look at the actual games. 

They havent won a SB but havent been in contention since 2010, Im not talking about the Cards, Browns, Titans, Bucs or Panthers. 

The fact that im talking about this has everything to do with the case of "SOJ"

And just because people dont like to accept the case doesnt make the case stupid sh*t. 

No, YOU can say they've lost too many regular seasons games and I would say they're probably middle of the pack won and lost over the last 15.

The schedule argument to me is lame, its an excuse to try and denigrate records.  You have no clue what other teams you aspire to be were today.  Leave that one

Our record in win and in games says a lot.  Yeah, its not 6-4, its actually 8-5 whatever.  Saw that too.  Its over .500, hardly OH SH1T WE SUCK, SOJs

We weren't in contention since 2010?

What does any of this outside of losing games you need to get into the playoffs have to do with SOJs?  Love that youre now expanding it to everything and anything

Youre talking because you feel like WHINING.  Admit it, your balls are twisted because they didnt beat the Bills and youre lashing out at some stupid we're the  SOJ nonsense. as if thats the reason why.  That a loss this past weekend is related to a loss in 1980.  Couldn't be helped we're dooooooooomed forever.  Its nonsense.    

There is something to be said for making it to the promised land.  That said, you're right about going and losing.  I'm not sure what is worse.  Losing the SB like the Cards did might literally kill me.

I might have slit my throat with that one, lol

Bengals kind of had the same ending against SF.

Theres always Tenn and the Rams.

Not only poor old us and the Jets.

every team that doesn't win has a "same old..." slogan. 

for the record I'd rather go to the SB and lose the way Ari did than never make it.  I look forward to celebrating a SB trip then having 2 weeks to soak it in.  I'd prefer to win but please at least get there once.

before the Giants started winning SBs in the mid 80s they had the same complex. they went nearly 20 years w/o a playoff app.  the shot below is from 1981 when they finally broke their 17 yr playoff drought:

1jrwol.jpg

and watch this clip: 

go to about the 4 min mark

http://www.nfl.com/videos/the-timeline/0ap3000000597293/Jersey-Guys-Who-are-the-Giants

every team that doesn't win has a "same old..." slogan. 

for the record I'd rather go to the SB and lose the way Ari did than never make it.  I look forward to celebrating a SB trip then having 2 weeks to soak it in.  I'd prefer to win but please at least get there once.

Except to Jets fans, they enjoy the whine and should copyright the term.

copyright-symbol-for-web-2.jpg

We are NOT the Browns.  They and the Lions (not on your list) are in a category by themselves. />

Why aren't the Jets in the same category as the Browns and Lions?

They are the only 3 original teams since the NFL/AFL merger never to play in the Super Bowl.

They are the only 3 original teams since the NFL/AFL merger never to play in the Super Bowl.

we still have won a SB(the most important game in pro football history) and have been close a bunch. w e are ahead of those teams in the SB era.

also ahead of:

Arizona

Cincinnati

San Diego

Texans

Jax

Titans/Oilers

KC

Carolina

Atlanta

TB

NO

we still have won a SB(the most important game in pro football history) and have been close a bunch. w e are ahead of those teams in the SB era.

also ahead of:

Arizona

Cincinnati

San Diego

Texans

Jax

Titans/Oilers

KC

Carolina

Atlanta

TB

NO

1). Again, since the merger, Jets, Browns and Lions are the only 3 teams never to play in the Super Bowl.

2). What facts do you have that the Jets are so much better than all those teams you listed? You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but that is all it is.

1). Again, since the merger, Jets, Browns and Lions are the only 3 teams never to play in the Super Bowl.

2). What facts do you have that the Jets are so much better than all those teams you listed? You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but that is all it is.

in SB era:

Jets: 1 SB title(again, biggest game in history of the sport), 5 AFL/AFC title game apps(made at least 1 in 60s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s- 5 different decades we had a chance at a SB, 14 PO apps. 

Arizona: 1 SB app, , 1 title game app, 7 PO apps, 5 PO wins

Cin: 2 SB apps, 14 PO apps, 2 title game apps.  more SBs but 3 less title game apps, 1 less SB win

SD: 1 SB app, 13 PO apps, 4 title game apps. less title game apps, same SB apps but 1 less win

Texans: no explanation needed

Jax: no explanation needed

Titans/Oilers: 1 SB app, 18 PO apps, 4 title game apps.  more Po apps but same Sb apps and we won one while they did not and we had more chances at SBs w/ 5 title game apps

KC: 2 SB apps, 1 SB win, they have 3 PO wins TOTAL since they won SB IV in the 1969 season.  They get the edge in SB apps at 2-1 but their lack of PO success since gives the edge to the Jets.

Carolina: if they win it this year they will pass us

Atlanta: 1 SB app, 12 PO apps, 2 title game apps

TB: 1 SB win, 3 title game apps, 10 PO apps.  4 less PO apps, 2 less title game apps

NO: 1 SB win, 1 title game app, 10 PO apps

Because only an idiot would make the argument that they are the same.

That same idiot would try to differentiate SB III from SB IV 

Archived