NFL announces Super Bowl 50 Golden Team

Klecko73isGod

If his job was to allow Watkins up and down the field at will, then he did his job.  He was not 2009/10 Revis, but the problem is we're paying him, and more importantly allocating our salary cap resources to him, as if he were.  Week 17 we did not get elite CB play.  Numerous times this season we did not get elite CB play.  That is the expectation as we have allocated our resources as such.

he was playing zone, doing what he was instructed to do.  when he played man at home against him Watkins had 2-3 catches for about 4 yds.

This is possible.  But I don't know.  The older you get, the more often you're hurt and the longer it takes to heal... At least typically.  Honestly, I hope that's the case.  But I also wonder if Revis doesn't know that this was his last payday, regardless, and just doesn't give a crap anymore.  There's a fair amount of evidence based on the way he's handled contracts previously to support that idea.

I don't think he is the type to just collect a check, I think he thinks he can get another big payday in a few years. 

he was playing zone, doing what he was instructed to do.  when he played man at home against him Watkins had 2-3 catches for about 4 yds.

So, I'm curious... is part of playing zone being instructed not to try to cover WRs at all?

Also, do you have any links to your data?  It sounds kind of made up.

I don't think he is the type to just collect a check, I think he thinks he can get another big payday in a few years. 

Really?  Holding out and showing up out of shape, not to mention multiple hold-outs, speaks to the type of player who puts the team and effort first?

So, I'm curious... is part of playing zone being instructed not to try to cover WRs at all?

Also, do you have any links to your data?  It sounds kind of made up.

he was instructed to play his zone.

as far as the first game:  Watkins had 3 recs for 14 yds

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201511120nyj.htm

Really?  Holding out and showing up out of shape, not to mention multiple hold-outs, speaks to the type of player who puts the team and effort first?

he was out of football shape, he was not out of shape when he showed up in 2010.  there's a HUGE difference.  he takes care of his business but he's always been a great team player.

he was instructed to play his zone.

as far as the first game:  Watkins had 3 recs for 14 yds

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201511120nyj.htm

he was out of football shape, he was not out of shape when he showed up in 2010.  there's a HUGE difference.  he takes care of his business but he's always been a great team player.

and Watkins made lots of catches in his zone... Yes, in the 1st game, Watkins was relatively silent, except for making the catch against Revis that ended the game.

His job is to be in "football shape" if he expects to play football.  He put the team far second to his business.  He has not been the ultimate team player, which is why he was traded.

and Watkins made lots of catches in his zone... Yes, in the 1st game, Watkins was relatively silent, except for making the catch against Revis that ended the game.

His job is to be in "football shape" if he expects to play football.  He put the team far second to his business.  He has not been the ultimate team player, which is why he was traded.

it's impossible to be in football shape if you aren't playing football.

he was traded solely b/c Woody got frustrated dealing w/ his agents and his demands for money.  No other reason, I have never heard anyone question him as a teammate.

Do you have any links to your data?  It sounds kind of made up.

Archived