Revis "Amenable" (For the Idiots: Open to the possibility or suggestion) to Rework Contract

Gas2No99

I agree. It does not make him seem any more of a TEAM PLAYER, considering he's not taking a pay cut according to this OP-ED piece by Semen-i

Putting off payment without increasing the value of the deal is indeed a pay cut.

I will never, never understand the fan obsession over player salary and the mentality that these guys should - volunteerily - play for less. The crazy thing is I hear it most often in football, a sport where teams routinely cut players mid-contract for any number of reasons. It's disturbing, especially since there's no way everyone making these kind of comments is a billionaire owner of an NFL team - literally the only person on the planet who would benefit. 

u don't get the salary cap thing then.

Regardless of the veracity of the sentiment (see, we can all play :)) ... this sort of salary cap management CAN work out IF you draft young (cheap) talent in the years in between, so that when the bills come due you're not cap-strapped at the time by paying a lot of ageing / declining players, you can have guys stepping up who cost a lot less.

Mac's original comments about their FA strategy - that they could be competitive with the guys they brought in last year while they build through the draft - suggests that this was their line of thinking.

The time it goes wrong is when you don't draft and develop well. That's when people get fired. But no front office will play the low-risk game, because this is a win-now league, and everyone believes they can draft and develop better than everyone else. So it won't surprise me in the least if we do see a bit of restructuring going on, pushing that debt into the future. Whether the players are amenable to it is another matter.

no, I've just been surfeit to the point with illiterate fools on this forum such as yourself that capitulate to insults because of a limited vocabulary and throw spars at posters due to THEIR/YOUR lack of reading comprehension and intellect.

I've had to rely to  SIMPLIFYING  MY WORDING just so Phoenicians, such as yourself, can UNDERSTAND the message one tries to convey.  

It's not a high horse, nor the acquisition of a thesaurus, merely an appreciation for the finer aspects of the English language. I have no shame, AND ACTUALLY TAKE PRIDE IN THE FACT, in having a mastery/comprehension of the English language in this grand U.S. Of A.

if that's that's too hard for you to "get," how about a simple HEE-HAW, DONT RESPOND IF YOU CANT DONE DO IT WITHOUT TRYING TO INSULT - otherwise, STFU!!!!

the very first thing YOU did was insult everyone on this forum in your title by calling us all idiots.

Archived