Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Leelou said:

Finding scum is like learning how to ride a bike. You wipe out, but you pick yourself back up and try again. 

You are coming off too overcautious this game. 

He's coming off as hiding behind this sudden "fear of being wrong". He's not taking a position on much of anything, and when he does comment on people he's hedging or fence-sitting or whatever we're going to call it. 

I'm forming the opinion that the "gosh guys, I feel SO bad about getting it wrong that one time, I just don't want to make any mistakes at all now" is just rookie scum not knowing how else to create cover for himself.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I do get a tad more uncomfortable when I drop the jokes a bit; they're my defense.

I can get that I'm going to be wrong as town, but that doesn't mean I have to like it and not try my best to avoid it. And I never said I wasn't going to take a position; I'm just not taking it yet. I'll make a decision on who to vote before the deadline. There is still time.

Yea, so in the meantime it seems like you're just taking the temperature of the town and keeping your options open. 

6 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Finding scum is like learning how to ride a bike. You wipe out, but you pick yourself back up and try again. 

You are coming off too overcautious this game. 

1319650684_monkey_riding_a_bike.gif

This explains why i'm the best in the businesss!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He's coming off as hiding behind this sudden "fear of being wrong". He's not taking a position on much of anything, and when he does comment on people he's hedging or fence-sitting or whatever we're going to call it. 

I'm forming the opinion that the "gosh guys, I feel SO bad about getting it wrong that one time, I just don't want to make any mistakes at all now" is just rookie scum not knowing how else to create cover for himself.

1. It's not sudden.

2. Oh, lol. If only you truly knew me.

:lol:

You know what guys? Despite whatever happens this game, I'm soooo ******* excited for future games when I am scum. Because, if you think you've finally caught me now; waffling, feigning, flailing, and all around being disingenuous, appearing soooo clearly scum, then you're going to find out that you are completely wrong and that I'm town and I've been nothing but 100% genuine in my words, actions, motives, and defenses.

But, the part that really puts a shiver in my quiver is that it's going to totally fvck with whatever meta you all think you're building on me for the future. And it's going to make it that much harder for you to catch me when I'm future scum.

You'll all be like, "but... but... he was acting just like this when he was town all those times! He's never clearly anything!"

Because it wasn't an act! hahahaha!

Yes...

Are you so certain about me??

Are you??

How do you like Spoot now??

How??

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So, I watched The Departed the other night... and thought of a ridiculously good game setup with that as the theme. I never have time to mod games anymore, not on my own. Perhaps if we can round up a good 20 people, we can make a go of it in a couple weeks. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

So, I watched The Departed the other night... and thought of a ridiculously good game setup with that as the theme. I never have time to mod games anymore, not on my own. Perhaps if we can round up a good 20 people, we can make a go of it in a couple weeks. 

Awesome movie. That would be epic.

Do it.

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You know what guys? Despite whatever happens this game, I'm soooo ******* excited for future games when I am scum. Because, if you think you've finally caught me now; waffling, feigning, flailing, and all around being disingenuous, appearing soooo clearly scum, then you're going to find out that you are completely wrong and that I'm town and I've been nothing but 100% genuine in my words, actions, motives, and defenses.

But, the part that really puts a shiver in my quiver is that it's going to totally fvck with whatever meta you all think you're building on me for the future. And it's going to make it that much harder for you to catch me when I'm future scum.

You'll all be like, "but... but... he was acting just like this when he was town all those times! He's never clearly anything!"

Because it wasn't an act! hahahaha!

Yes...

Are you so certain about me??

Are you??

How do you like Spoot now??

How??

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

This is why I don't play the meta arguments. It's what makes me the best scum hunter east of the Atlantic 

Hey all - I'm going to be on-site with a client today. I should be back in time for the deadline, but I'll be completely pre-occupied this morning.

Unvote

Will catch up later, and cast new vote. Too small a game to park a vote on someone. 

Ape says that people defending everyone else is "really bad play".  But he defended CTM earlier (SEE:  Top of page 29) and seems to be aligning with him against Spoot.

Meanwhile, Brett and I are defending Spoot.

Spoot, you've become the central figure in this game (at least on D1) whether you like it or not.

16 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yours was about you, as in "why would I do this as scum?"

80's was "why haven't I defended X, Y, Z?", which only suggests that those are his scum suspects. He wasn't asking "why would I do this as scum?"

My reactions were different, because there's literally no relationship between the two posts, in my opinion. 

And no, I don't think I misinterpreted either of you.

To add, that dope used the term "evidence" wrongly. I took exception to that. His interpretation of events/comments is perspective, not evidence. Evidence is "dooshy mcdoosh hammered a townie". More of an actual, than a hypothetical.

Ok, I can accept that.

16 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Not voting anyone, although I'm sure you already knew that. Not quite ready yet as I don't want to mistakenly mislynch someone, and with it only taking 5 votes, there's not much room for error. I'm leaning either Verb (for seemingly taking some things way too seriously, a la Brett's "buddying" accusation) or Leelou (for seemingly overreacting to Hallia's fos).

Now, I'm not confident enough in any of my reads to make a play just yet. My suspicion of Leelou is built around my initial town lead on Hallia, though I could be wrong about Hallia, since this is the first time I've seen her posting.

I'm waiting to see where this goes, and if anything else jumps out at me.

Oh, there was also the time when Verb was seemingly trying to focus the spotlight on us.

Yikes.  You just decided to toss that one in there, eh?  If Ape had not said anything, you would never have noticed.  Also, it was around the time you two were going back and forth (and I think where the Ape thought something was about you when it was about me).....so I was confused for a minute on what was going on with you two.  A random comment that you saw somebody mention, and what you did with this post was exactly what you are accusing me of - trying to focus the spotlight elsewhere.

Interesting, amirite?

12 hours ago, StraightCash said:

I know Spoot is town because I know you are scum

lolwut

How the hell does that make any sense?

Archived