The Jets QB Situation

joewilly12

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I offered my opinions in previous posts, actually in the thread starter you accused me of whining because you disagreed. 

So your plan is to say that 31 TDs to 15 ints, with almost 4000 yards passing is not good enough because we did not make the playoffs, so we should try to downgrade the most important position on the field to get better at other positions, and that is going to make us win the SB next year? So crap ass QB, and save 8 mil or so, and that 8 mil is going to get us the SB you want next year or bust?

Am I getting this right?

8 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

So your plan is to say that 31 TDs to 15 ints, with almost 4000 yards passing is not good enough because we did not make the playoffs, so we should try to downgrade the most important position on the field to get better at other positions, and that is going to make us win the SB next year? So crap ass QB, and save 8 mil or so, and that 8 mil is going to get us the SB you want next year or bust?

Am I getting this right?

Nope I'm saying what Fitzpatrick did when he won 10 games was against 8 very bad teams factually speaking they didnt have winning records. The 2016 schedule is a lot tougher we play better teams than we did in 2015. History is he's a journeyman QB who has never taken a team to the playoffs.  Id much rather spend elsewhere and take my chances with Bryce Petty. Happy seasons winning 10 games yippee yahoo sitting home watching the playoffs boo,get my point if not I'm done explaining to you please go pick someone else to ride their ass like a diaper for every post they make. Thanks 

Extend Fitzy 2 years @$8M per and draft Kevin Hogan in the 3rd or 4th round. QB issue solved. Keep drafting Offense & Defense BPA and depth. Don't need All-World QB play, just QB Competence, to succeed if you surround him with talent at other positions.

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope I'm saying what Fitzpatrick did when he won 10 games was against 8 very bad teams factually speaking they didnt have winning records. The 2016 schedule is a lot tougher we play better teams than we did in 2015. History is he's a journeyman QB who has never taken a team to the playoffs.  Id much rather spend elsewhere and take my chances with Bryce Petty. Happy seasons winning 10 games yippee yahoo sitting home watching the playoffs boo,get my point if not I'm done explaining to you please go pick someone else to ride their ass like a diaper for every post they make. Thanks 

Ok, great points, So what player or players are we going to get with the 8 mil we will save by not signing Fitz, that is going to not only fill gaps we have, but will also make up for a 1st year starting QB who was drafted in the 4th round? And these moves need to get us in the playoffs next year? Or they will be bad moves, right?

8 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Ok, great points, So what player or players are we going to get with the 8 mil we will save by not signing Fitz, that is going to not only fill gaps we have, but will also make up for a 1st year starting QB who was drafted in the 4th round? And these moves need to get us in the playoffs next year? Or they will be bad moves, right?

Spend the money elsewhere unless the coaching staff thinks Fitz can take us to the next level,I dont. We have 2 QBs under contract spend the $8-$10 million on the OL or free agent LB. 

I could be very wrong on Fitz and I hope I am would love nothing more to see him hoisting the Lombardi in a Jets uniform. 

Can't believe the Fitz hate, I'd resign him in a breath. Has anyone seen our QB play? He's like Montana compared to Geno Smith.

He plays while Petty and a Rookie sits. Fitz at least makes us competitive, Geno is a turn over fest.

Lets see what happens. The combine starts soon, always good to fill a dead spot in the long off season. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Spend the money elsewhere unless the coaching staff thinks Fitz can take us to the next level,I dont. We have 2 QBs under contract spend the $8-$10 million on the OL or free agent LB. 

I could be very wrong on Fitz and I hope I am would love nothing more to see him hoisting the Lombardi in a Jets uniform. 

So is your expectation that either Petty or Geno are going to have a competence year to Fitz had last year? Or is the 8 mil LB going to get us over the hump?

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Can't believe the Fitz hate, I'd resign him in a breath. Has anyone seen our QB play? He's like Montana compared to Geno Smith.

He plays while Petty and a Rookie sits. Fitz at least makes us competitive, Geno is a turn over fest.

Lets see what happens. The combine starts soon, always good to fill a dead spot in the long off season. 

i dont hate Fitzpatrick for the record. 

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

So is your expectation that either Petty or Geno are going to have a competence year to Fitz had last year? Or is the 8 mil LB going to get us over the hump?

Fitzpatrick couldn't get us over the hump against the Bills 3 INTs in the final 3 possessions what would you have said here if that were Geno Smith. 

Fitzpatrick delivers the win we make the playoffs and then hell yes we re-sign him this year.  He won nothing he won 10 games 8 against bad teams. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick couldn't get us over the hump against the Bills 3 INTs in the final 3 possessions what would you have said here if that were Geno Smith. 

Fitzpatrick delivers the win we make the playoffs and then hell yes we re-sign him this year.  He won nothing he won 10 games 8 against bad teams. 

So your expectation is that Geno, or Petty, plus the LB delivers the playoffs next year?

Extend Fitzy 2 years @$8M per and draft Kevin Hogan in the 3rd or 4th round. QB issue solved. Keep drafting Offense & Defense BPA and depth. Don't need All-World QB play, just QB Competence, to succeed if you surround him with talent at other positions.

Jets had QB competence last year.

Where did that get them?

26 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Jets had QB competence last year.

Where did that get them?

to a 10-6 record. Tying our 3rd highest Win total in Franchise History.

To our 11th Double Digit WIN season out of a total 56 seasons played. 

And a 6 game improvement from the previous year in addition to a team that was BEARABLE to watch unlike 2014, 2012, 2007, and 2005.

to a 10-6 record. Tying our 3rd highest Win total in Franchise History.

To our 11th Double Digit WIN season out of a total 56 seasons played. 

And a 6 game improvement from the previous year in addition to a team that was BEARABLE to watch unlike 2014, 2012, 2007, and 2005.

Are you really proud of that?

A 10-win team who's starting QB choked in the biggest game of the year to keep the Jets out of the playoffs?

Yea, mediocrity is great in the NFL.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

And just how do you think those other very bad teams viewed the Jets, coming off a 4-12 season, with a new coach, and as you admit, a journeyman QB....likely as a very bad team that they should beat. The Colts ended up being pretty bad, but the Jets beat them early in the season, a team coming off a division title, with the God of QB's Andrew Luck. The Jets also easily handled the Skins and Kirk Cousins, but I guess that didn't count either, because Kirky sucked at that time. And there were other teams, had we not beaten them, that would have had .500 or better records. The stat stinks. The Jets were expected by many to lose most or all of their early games, and they started 4-1. They were also considered dead in the water mid season, and won 5 of their last 6. And, if the Jets schedule was easy, what does that make the Patriots schedule?

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We only beat 2 teams with winning records we won 8 games against bad teams. 

Way too many guys sniffing Fitzpatricks dirty jock the guy is a mediocre QB who has never made the playoffs in his career,nice guy fun guy but not a winner. 

We beat two teams w/ a winning record? Since when? We beat the Patsies, yeah I got that. But who the hell else did we beat with a winning record? The Jets have beaten two teams with a winning record in the last two seasons. Pittsburgh and NE 

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

You really need to look at the quality of those 10 victories and assess whether or not it is likely repeated. I think that we were much worse than our record, stayed very healthy, are a year older and face a brutal schedule. Because of that, yes I think we need to rebuild.

Well, it isn't going to happen so you can forget it.

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Or another 10 win season or even 8 does it really matter to you guys you seem happy with 10 wins and no playoffs. 

Nobody is happy with no playoffs, but to ignore context is Rediculous. We were 4-12 the year before, and had a losing culture. You cannot remove the stench of Rex and Idzik in one season, although Mac, Bowles, Marshall and Fitz came pretty damn close. Back to the original point, you have no solution, your just throwing a temper tantrum that we did not make the playoffs last year.

24 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Nobody is happy with no playoffs, but to ignore context is Rediculous. We were 4-12 the year before, and had a losing culture. You cannot remove the stench of Rex and Idzik in one season, although Mac, Bowles, Marshall and Fitz came pretty damn close. Back to the original point, you have no solution, your just throwing a temper tantrum that we did not make the playoffs last year.

Let me repeat myself once more so you understand. My opinions were voiced in the opening post of the thread,I'm sorry you cannot comprehend them. The playoffs and the Super Bowl are the ultimate goals in the NFL the last time we won a Super Bowl was 1969 this is 2016 10 wins is nice not making the playoffs isn't. 

Please STOP trolling me. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Let me repeat myself once more so you understand. My opinions were voiced in the opening post of the thread,I'm sorry you cannot comprehend them. The playoffs and the Super Bowl are the ultimate goals in the NFL the last time we won a Super Bowl was 1969 this is 2016 10 wins is nice not making the playoffs isn't. 

Please STOP trolling me. 

I can comprehend fine, you don't have a solution, your just whining. I'm not trolling you, you troll this whole board.

2 hours ago, King P said:

Would rather not re-sign Fitz and have to deal with him any longer than we have to. He had a fluke year, aided by the weapons we had plus a cupcake schedule. He'll come back down to Earth next year.

You don't know that. What we currently know is that last season was a product of a few great surrounding weapons and an easy schedule. Because the Jets now believe in Fitz, they will et him more weapons to work with. They will get him a productive running game to lean on, they will get him another WR, they will get him a TE, they will improve his blocking. From there you'd think he would get even better than 2015, but, yes, their schedule will be much harder than this season.

So really we'll just have to see what actually does happen.

But it doesn't change the fact that the Jets are going to resign him for probably another two years at least. And this is completely based on Fitz playing out of his f*cking mind in 2015.

5 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Are you really proud of that?

A 10-win team who's starting QB choked in the biggest game of the year to keep the Jets out of the playoffs?

Yea, mediocrity is great in the NFL.

Not taking your bait. Long in the tooth Jaded Jets fans know progress when they see it and are surfeit for the time being considering all the circumstances AND REALITY. Don't be an @$$hole to one of the few posters who actually tolerates and appreciates your Di☽Kheaded & snarky humor and ways. 

5 hours ago, Mainejet said:

You're still a fag, TX

You should play nicer than that to shown you've matured SOMEWHAT over the years from the JI days even though your pessimistic ways have not. Instead of calling him a Chelsea Boy - remember there are a lot more P.C. B!tch Millennials easily offended by my favorite Middle-school retort you just used there - go with the more accepted and "gender neutral" @$$hole. LOL. :-)

What happened to the Dead Deer with the tongue out Sig?

Archived