Jets were at Noah Spence's pro day

SenorGato

Read somewhere recently that execs in Indy were impressed with how he handled himself during interviews.  Came across as genuine/contrite while taking full responsibility.

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Read somewhere recently that execs in Indy were impressed with how he handled himself during interviews.  Came across as genuine/contrite while taking full responsibility.

I read the exact opposite. Articles said he struggled with the interviews.

According to Jones, multiple clubs thought Spence's interviews were "very shaky." That doesn't bode well for a player who had to convince teams that his failed drug tests are behind him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639754/article/noah-spence-combine-interviews-very-shaky

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Will try to find the article and post

Thanks.  Gonna' take a look myself.  Thinking now that they were referencing how he answered questions during his media session and not team interviews?

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Will try to find the article and post

This is what I was thinking of...from CBS sports.

– Noah Spence (DE/OLB Eastern Kentucky) I thought had a good session with the media. He answered all the questions about his problems that got him banned from the Big 12 (multiple failed drug tests, ecstasy addiction or habit, whichever you want to call it). He said he’s been being drug tested every week. Admits that he used to be a party guy and he liked ecstasy when he was partying. He seemed to me to be mature up on the podium, and I’d be pretty comfortable with the risk level of taking him in the first round. He’s the best pass rusher in this draft.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Thanks.  Gonna' take a look myself.  Thinking now that they were referencing how he answered questions during his media session and not team interviews?

According to Jones, multiple clubs thought Spence's interviews were "very shaky." That doesn't bode well for a player who had to convince teams that his failed drug tests are behind him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639754/article/noah-spence-combine-interviews-very-shaky

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Obviously I have no idea how accurate the reports are, and he may have bombed the team interviews for one reason or another, but if I'm a team that likes him, I'm telling any "insider" who asks me that the interview got awkward once Spence started doing lines off the interview table so he falls to me if I'm picking at 28.

The reporter talking about his presser would have less to lose/gain based on giving positive/negative reviews of how he came across.

Honestly no idea how I feel about the guy.  Legitimately best pass rusher in the draft and might be there at 20?  I hope somebody grabs him before that so the Jets don't have to make that call.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Obviously I have no idea how accurate the reports are, and he may have bombed the team interviews for one reason or another, but if I'm a team that likes him, I'm telling any "insider" who asks me that the interview got awkward once Spence started doing lines off the interview table so he falls to me if I'm picking at 28.

TRUE!

The reporter talking about his presser would have less to lose/gain based on giving positive/negative reviews of how he came across.

Honestly no idea how I feel about the guy.  Legitimately best pass rusher in the draft and might be there at 20?  I hope somebody grabs him before that so the Jets don't have to make that call.

Agree 100% Tough call if he's there at 20.

Here's a video of Spence's presser at the Combine. You can see how clubs would come away with different conclusions about this guy. I'd imagine some personnel types wanted Spence to fall to his knees and beg forgiveness for using ecstasy, and he just wouldn't do it. Instead, he was pragmatic about it and said he screwed up and needed to stop screwing up. Seemed truthful. The guys who act like they killed someone after getting busted for weed or a DUI are usually the ones who will end up being a recidivist. 

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Noah-Spence-Combine-Press-Conference/27f22f3d-5889-47b4-9 d82-00f02362f1b5

Archived