Nice interview from Hackenberg on draft day.

Thinker

very interesting, the way he described how the sanctions hurt the team.  you could tell he wanted to say the team around him stunk and that contributed to his struggles, but he kept is clean.  then gotleib tried to get him to admit that he would be better in a pro offense, but he said he can be successful in any offense.  he's not lacking in confidence.  i think he laments the poor coaching he got the past 2 years, he said he just wants to be coached up.   

8 hours ago, Thinker said:

It was beyond obvious Maccagnan would draft Hack after hearing the 6 words he says starting at the 5 second mark of the video (which he repeats twice more later in the interview).

More than ever I'm convinced Hack is the guy.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was beyond obvious Maccagnan would draft Hack after hearing the 6 words he says starting at the 5 second mark of the video (which he repeats twice more later in the interview).

More than ever I'm convinced Hack is the guy.

Great job by Hack..

And this is a big difference from how recent Jets QBs handled the players who were drafted in slots after them.  

He sounds like a bright kid who is looking forward to getting his chance to show what he can do. I don't think it's crazy to think he's more ready for the pro game than either Sanchez or geno were when they were drafted. I just hope he's given a better chance at development then those two were, and given Mac's recent statements I think that is the plan

4 hours ago, cant wait said:

He sounds like a bright kid who is looking forward to getting his chance to show what he can do. I don't think it's crazy to think he's more ready for the pro game than either Sanchez or geno were when they were drafted. I just hope he's given a better chance at development then those two were, and given Mac's recent statements I think that is the plan

He is definitely more ready than those two were. He was touted as Andrew Luck football IQ. So, mentally I think he's one of the best prospects that have come out, not just cause of his pro system, but it was a complicated one presicated on a lot of pre snap defense reads and adjustments. There just aren't a lot of college programs that give their QB's that experience. 

Teaching a lot of these quarterbacks is really starting from the ground up. Think about your job when someone new starts and he or she needs to be explained EVERYTHING, what this and that is even called. The learning curve is huge. You can't trust that person to work alone for awhile. But every once in awhile you hire someone who knows what x, y, z is and what its role is. That person then just needs time to figure out the new workflow. 

Archived