Chase Daniel?

TuscanyTile2

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's a league with a salary cap.  Overpay one player and you lose another.  Have to think about dollars.  They way a Fitz can hold out for more money when he thinks he has the advantage it can all change in a minute.  He has no options, nomad P vantage, no leverage but he's holding out for top dollar.  

Apparently not a finance major at Harvard 

I can understand Fitz not wanting to put his future health at risk playing another year, or years at a number that's not worth it for him, he IS a finance major from Harvard, and HAS made a lot of money already in this league, I'm sure it's invested wisely, and retiring is an option for him if he doesn't get his number, and I don't blame him, nor do I want him back at his number thou so.

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's a league with a salary cap.  Overpay one player and you lose another.  Have to think about dollars.  They way a Fitz can hold out for more money when he thinks he has the advantage it can all change in a minute.  He has no options, nomad P vantage, no leverage but he's holding out for top dollar.  

Apparently not a finance major at Harvard 

If no leverage than why does Mac and the HC say they want him back. And fans don't know the conversations he's had with other teams like Denver and SF. Or the real money he's asking for. I overpay my starting Qb even if it means I have to cut a few guys. He's more important to this team than a lineman or a DB. 

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I can understand Fitz not wanting to put his future health at risk playing another year, or years at a number that's not worth it for him, he IS a finance major from Harvard, and HAS made a lot of money already in this league, I'm sure it's invested wisely, and retiring is an option for him if he doesn't get his number, and I don't blame him, nor do I want him back at his number thou so.

Well for a finance major from Harvard he sure as shlt has played this negotiation wrong

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If no leverage than why does Mac and the HC say they want him back. And fans don't know the conversations he's had with other teams like Denver and SF. Or the real money he's asking for. I overpay my starting Qb even if it means I have to cut a few guys. He's more important to this team than a lineman or a DB. 

They say they'd like him back.  Nothing more.  If they wanted him, he'd be on the team.  Yet they don't offer him the money you and other Fitz fans would hand over to him.  You can keep telling yourself Denver or some other team may want him.  

You overpay your bridge QB, negotiating against yourself and you either become unemployed or you wake up and realize why fans aren't FO personnel.  There is no sense, on any level to overpay Fitz.  He's not good enough, isn't a difference maker.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well for a finance major from Harvard he sure as shlt has played this negotiation wrong

Maybe he isn't negotiating, he might have a line in the sand like I said where it's **** it I'm not getting hammered by 300 pound dudes for X amount I'm cool retired at anything lower, it's basically what Dbrick did.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So now that Bradford agreed to report to the Eagles (and I would have to think would be their #1 for at least half a season), does that mean Chase Daniel is expendable?  Maybe we take him off their hands at a cheapo price (since the Eagles don't really need to pay 3 QBs good $$).  I know he hasn't been a starter but he seems like he has potential.

Lol, seriously? I'd much rather pay Mo than this benchwarmer

34 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Maybe he isn't negotiating, he might have a line in the sand like I said where it's **** it I'm not getting hammered by 300 pound dudes for X amount I'm cool retired at anything lower, it's basically what Dbrick did.

Brick realized he couldn't compete like he used to.  That's not what's going on here.  How is he not negotiating?  He wants to play.  Wants more money than the Jets are offering.  Kind of the definition of negotiating.  Lol

He doesnt want to get hit by 300 pound dudes for 7-10 mil but is cool with it for 16?  Fitz needs to retire then. 

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The Jets have moved to $9 to $10 million dollars and I think that might give Fitz $11 million with incentives.  But Fitz wants 16 or 17 million per year.  That is a big difference and I believe what the Jets have offered is more than fair. 

I'm not a Kaepernick fan but if Fitz wants more than $11 mil we might as well just trade a late round pick to the niners for him.

I think Kaep has $12 mil cap hit next season plus he can be cut after next season if he flops.

14 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Yeah, I agree, teams will allow Fitz to throw deep because they don't believe he can do it well enough to beat them. 

But he'll still throw them, and I believe he'll hit enough to keep teams somewhat honest. Add the best all-around RB we've had in quite some time and we have a very good offense and we remain a playoff bubble team, even with that brutal schedule. 

I don't have any faith any of the other 3 QBs can make us a bubble team. I just can't see it. 

Edit-I meant to give you a positive reputation, I think I hit negative(chubby fingers)

We'll be ok with Fitz but only against terrible teams with losing records.

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

No it isn't. Brick in so many words acknowledged he wasn't so good anymore (and then the mandatory pay cut made it no longer worth it). He stated outright that his retirement had nothing to do with health risks. He knew he wasn't what he was, and didn't want to play for $5M while regressing on the field even further.

Ferguson has decades left in his life and doesn't need any money. if he was going to get another $11M salary, then retirement could wait 1 more year. But selling a year of his life doing a lot of hard labor for under $3M after taxes? Hardly seems worth it, and that's what he decided.

This may be exactly the same conclusion Fitz has come to. Plus his health risk is greater than Ferguson's as well. 

7 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I'm not a Kaepernick fan but if Fitz wants more than $11 mil we might as well just trade a late round pick to the niners for him.

I think Kaep has $12 mil cap hit next season plus he can be cut after next season if he flops.

Why spend the 11 mil on a guy like you say who might flop for a Qb who ran the offense well in '15. Kap is a regressing player who SF would love to get rid of. It makes no sense!

Archived