Marshall and Decker Appreciation Thread

JetBlue

I can only hope this two can stay healthy continue their prolific ways this upcoming season.    When is the last time we had to receivers like this?  Chrebet and Keyshawn?  Marshall and Decker are truly special.  I am hoping the continued development of Enunwa, the return to health of Smith, along with the addition of Peake will make our receiving corp more versatile.   Teams will no longer be able to just concentrate on stopping Marshall and Decker. 

It is my honest belief that whomever the quarterback is he will have a career year (or another one) throwing to this unit plus add in Powell and Forte out of the backfield and the emergence of Amaro and we should put up a lot of points. 

They might not reach the numbers they had last year because we now have more legitimate targets, but I am looking for another big season from our dynamic duo.  

Hell yeah!  We're spoiled (for a change) with these two.  Certainly one of the top 1-2 combos in the league and they make the 3 n 4 WRs better as a result.

We did get pretty lucky health wise with them though.  Think Marshall had a foot injury for a while, but he was still able to play.

So if they can stay healthy again this season...

If Fitz is back, I could see these two approach the same stats.  Let's face it, Marshall and Decker are perfect for Fitz's game.

If it's Geno under center, I'd imagine a bit of a drop-off state wise from 'em.  They'll certainly still be a top 1-2 combo, but other guys like Peake and Devin will get some more targets.  Which definitely is not a bad thing.  These guys are older and I'd love to keep them around as long as possible while getting the other guys involved.

And regardless of who's the QB, I have a feeling Amaro and Q will be getting a steady dose of targets as well.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Too bad they know they're not winning a Super Bowl this year and should just accept it.  Why even try to catch passes?

Please don't hijack this into another Fitz vs  Geno thread. Thanks

8 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I can only hope this two can stay healthy continue their prolific ways this upcoming season.    When is the last time we had to receivers like this?  Chrebet and Keyshawn?  Marshall and Decker are truly special.  I am hoping the continued development of Enunwa, the return to health of Smith, along with the addition of Peake will make our receiving corp more versatile.   Teams will no longer be able to just concentrate on stopping Marshall and Decker. 

It is my honest belief that whomever the quarterback is he will have a career year (or another one) throwing to this unit plus add in Powell and Forte out of the backfield and the emergence of Amaro and we should put up a lot of points. 

They might not reach the numbers they had last year because we now have more legitimate targets, but I am looking for another big season from our dynamic duo.  

Certainly had a great season together last year ... Here's to it continuing for many more!!

On June 3, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Mike135 said:

Hell yeah!  We're spoiled (for a change) with these two.  Certainly one of the top 1-2 combos in the league and they make the 3 n 4 WRs better as a result.

We did get pretty lucky health wise with them though.  Think Marshall had a foot injury for a while, but he was still able to play.

So if they can stay healthy again this season...

If Fitz is back, I could see these two approach the same stats.  Let's face it, Marshall and Decker are perfect for Fitz's game.

If it's Geno under center, I'd imagine a bit of a drop-off state wise from 'em.  They'll certainly still be a top 1-2 combo, but other guys like Peake and Devin will get some more targets.  Which definitely is not a bad thing.  These guys are older and I'd love to keep them around as long as possible while getting the other guys involved.

And regardless of who's the QB, I have a feeling Amaro and Q will be getting a steady dose of targets as well.

The Jets start two of the better starting Wr duo in the game. ( Marshall / Decker ) will definitely give you that)  I think there is zero chance both Wr approach any where close to the same stats in 2016.    Why?

The Jets are facing way tougher schedule in 2016, not the porous pass defenses they faced in 2015 . ( Go look it up where the teams on their schedule ranked last year against the pass). You can get away with Qb not being accurate when your Wr are going against bad secondaries. ( not as easy against better secondaries - Qb has to be more precise with his passes).

Also Jets offenseline could possible prevent those Wr from having big stats.  Ryan Clady can't bounce back from lisfranc injury , and both tackles can't keep whoever is the Jet Qb upright .( that's going to have an effect on the Jet Wr's numbers ).

Both Jet Wr numbers might be down from 2015 but that isn't a reflection on their ability, but more a reflection of what's around them.( a Wr is only as good as the Qb getting the football to him).

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Jets start two of the better starting Wr duo in the game. ( Marshall / Decker ) will definitely give you that)  I think there is zero chance both Wr approach any where close to the same stats in 2016.    Why?

The Jets are facing way tougher schedule in 2016, not the porous pass defenses they faced in 2015 . ( Go look it up where the teams on their schedule ranked last year against the pass). You can get away with Qb not being accurate when your Wr are going against bad secondaries. ( not as easy against better secondaries - Qb has to be more precise with his passes).

Also Jets offenseline could possible prevent those Wr from having big stats.  Ryan Clady can't bounce back from lisfranc injury , and both tackles can't keep whoever is the Jet Qb upright .( that's going to have an effect on the Jet Wr's numbers ).

Both Jet Wr numbers might be down from 2015 but that isn't a reflection on their ability, but more a reflection of what's around them.( a Wr is only as good as the Qb getting the football to him).

Which is why we need Geno.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Which is why we need Geno.

Without a doubt Geno Smith has the better arm than Fitzpatrick. ( can attack more of the field)  The question is he any more accurate than Fitzpatrick, and can he read defenses any better. ( very important qualities a Qb must possess).   

Geno Smith has to do a better job of protecting the football.     

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Without a doubt Geno Smith has the better arm than Fitzpatrick. ( can attack more of the field)  The question is he any more accurate than Fitzpatrick, and can he read defenses any better. ( very important qualities a Qb must possess).   

Geno Smith has to do a better job of protecting the football.     

Agreed he has to do better than in 2013 and 14.  No question.

But the improved targets and scheme will go a long way to doing that by themselves.  It is a hell of a luxury passing to those guys.

Plus, with what he had to work with his first two years, I imagine most of the INTs were forced balls just trying to get something going.  Which then led to things waterfalling into absolute crap.

There's no where to go but up for Geno with this better team around him.  Can I say for sure he will?... No.  But I believe the odds are good.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

But we don't play the raiders in 2016 ... How can that possibly be as tough as 2015?

8 hours ago, ljr said:

But we don't play the raiders in 2016 ... How can that possibly be as tough as 2015?

The 2015 Raider secondary wasn't that good( made a lot of Wr's and Qb's  numbers  so much better).   They definitely were one of the porous pass defense teams  , that the Jets faced in 2015. 

Again look at the team on Jet schedule in 2015 and where those teams pass defense were ranked.( most of them were near the bottom)

The Jets Wr Corp are facing better pass defense in 2016, that's going to have reflection  on the Jet Wr's numbers - why Imo the Jet Wr's won't approach last year numbers.( doesn't have anything to do with their ability- as they are two of the better starting Wr duo.

You know what I was saying, but you were being facetious .

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The 2015 Raider secondary wasn't that good( made a lot of Wr's and Qb's  numbers  so much better).   They definitely were one of the porous pass defense teams  , that the Jets faced in 2015. 

Shhhhhhhhhhh ... Don't tell the Geno fans this they are so impressed with how he performed before $h*tting the bed with 6 minutes left ... And again with 4 minutes left!

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Again look at the team on Jet schedule in 2015 and where those teams pass defense were ranked.( most of them were near the bottom)

The Jets Wr Corp are facing better pass defense in 2016, that's going to have reflection  on the Jet Wr's numbers - why Imo the Jet Wr's won't approach last year numbers.( doesn't have anything to do with their ability- as they are two of the better starting Wr duo.

You know what I was saying, but you were being facetious .

No to seasons are ever a like. I expect Smith, Enunwa, Tomkins and Peake to make it this a much more versatile and explosive group.   The reason Marshall and Decker won't match those numbers is because the ball will be spread around a bit more, not because of so called better defenses.  The wr corp as a whole is better than last year.

2 hours ago, ljr said:

Shhhhhhhhhhh ... Don't tell the Geno fans this they are so impressed with how he performed before $h*tting the bed with 6 minutes left ... And again with 4 minutes left!

Dude this thread has NOTHING to do with Geno Smith. Can you get off the guys back for 5 seconds?

19 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Dude this thread has NOTHING to do with Geno Smith. Can you get off the guys back for 5 seconds?

Your buddy Mike135 is who broached Geno in this thread ... So talk to him if you have an issue.

Raiderfanboy admitted all 53 of his team's players aren't the bestest-ever !?!?!  That's what was blowing my mind!

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

2 hours ago, ljr said:

Your buddy Mike135 is who broached Geno in this thread ... So talk to him if you have an issue.

ljr is correct.  My bad Blue.  Just tough to see the potential of this team with a capable QB and not argue for it.

Archived