Sexy Time Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is that playing the sympathy card? I've been in three games here and I haven't been lynched before, and I've been near lynch or second wagon every single day so many times I'm pretty comfortable with this by now. I'm not accepting my fate either, as I don't even know what my fate is. Other than you and Hallia, my wagon hasn't gone anywhere.

On 7/11/2016 at 5:00 PM, Nolder said:

Unvote Vote AVM

On 7/11/2016 at 5:29 PM, Nynaeve said:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

AVM (3): JC, JiF, Nolder

Nolder (2): Dicker, DPR

DPR (1): Hallia

Hallia (1): Crusher

JC (1): AVM

Not Voting (1): Benji

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline:

blu_1468353600.png

On 7/11/2016 at 5:42 PM, D P R said:

I'd like to hear what AVM has to say before voting him. 

For the record, Nolder putting a false deadline out there (he has no idea when AVM will post again) is just one more bullsh*t move on his part, like wanting to "wait a minute" before voting me. This guy is unsure of his votes and he hesitates. Not good signs. 

Picked a random page to start a reread and right away, this caught my eye.

DPR giving AVM a chance, while diggin his heels further into Nolderp. 

Let see how he responds to AVM once AVM gave his terrible whiny response when he finally arrived in thread. 

p.s. sorry for the delay, got bombarded by people in my office.

On 7/11/2016 at 10:13 PM, AVM said:

I'm not going to keep talking about my activity, at this point.  It's made me a prime suspect, fair enough.  Despite my talk of trying to to better, it's just not going to get better(though the point on voting Ben over Smash is a much better one, and also being used).  Complain I killed mafia, if you wish -- I'm sorry and that's that.  I've done the "disappearing act" a few times over the years, and it's both as scum and as town.  Disappearing is no more a scum tell than emo, for me -- both of which you get now (kind of).

More positioning with Crusher, which gets back to my original point.  I asked what your case on him was exactly and you freaked out that I'm not doing anything but asking questions...

In a ******* game that's about questioning people.

The Pirate has always been DPR, with the exception of when 80 and I go back and forth with the pirate and damn dirty seachicken.  Not making this as a case, just stating.

Especially on Tuesdays, I hear.

FTR, not a new job -- just new responsibilities at the job I've had since May '15.

I questioned JC on his suspicion of you, given your play and openness on not being around last week.  He could have easily gone with "voting Smash was a clear buss play" or a number of other things, but instead got defensive and went off on how I wasn't building any cases only questioning people.

That comes from JC...

An issue with questioning people.

I mean...lol

Yes, the above.  Also I gave a reads list to Leelou or JC one of the two during night phase...I'll requote that and add here in a second.

Fair enough.

You could have committed to wanting to lynch me (or not), though. 

....however, there's this.  So to be clear, you tried to scare me in to thread with two votes on me.  Then, when I haven't shown up for 7-8 hours (or however long it's been) you continue your plan of pressure by saying you were trying to scare me into the thread?

Lots of words.  No content worth mentioning. 

On 7/11/2016 at 10:26 PM, AVM said:

Of the above: DPR = meh, Decker seems to be pushing narratives of others (although Abstaining Very Much was at least original), JC had his equivalent of a meltdown with the "omg why are you questioning and not building cases" statement, and I still don't know what to do with Ben.

JiF -- less laughing/borderline mocking which it feels like lately has been a scum tell, but that's not gameplay so meh.  The questioning of himself and the interaction with Crush in particular is a town tell.  Doesn't feel like JiF/Crush leaves the other alive long when scum (it may be one of the two kills the other while the other doesn't...but I'm not positive, so probably shouldn't have it as a lean one way or another).  The approach in general, though, going back to his questioning of whether or not Crush had led him to believe something (I don't remember the specific incident, but remember him discussion that he was afraid a scum tell was coming from Crush basically) looks like scumhunting JiF*****

Nol -- this whole trying to scare me but announcing it while really wanting to lynch dpr thing is weird...at best a bad day for Nolder in general

Hallia -- She was wifomy early game and still reminds me of the game she announced on D1 how excited she was to be town, where she was only slightly active.

Crusher -- Crush could have easily laid low and not voted Smash at the deadline given his availability....town tell that he showed up and placed the deciding vote.  It's the specific player, not just the notion of it being a good spot to be bussing a teammate...

*****and that's something like 37 games in a row of swearing I'm scum ;)

DPR = meh.  Pretty detailed thoughts right there.

Buddies up to me when I have him squarely in my top 3.

And then a bunch of nothing on the rest. 

On 7/12/2016 at 7:04 AM, D P R said:

Right now my top 2 for scum are Nolder and Hally. I could go on about Hally's posts above being scummier than a prep kitchen at Chipotle, but that's just beating a dead horse.

AVM doesn't ping me.

JC is focused now, which is better than guesswork or meta.

Decker doesn't ping me.

BirdBen is question mark. His not voting stands out, but he is active and if he really is new to the board, it would be reasonable for him to get the lay of the land before jumping in. 

I like Crusher for town and honestly, I'm watching him for a read on JiF because my JiFdar goes off more than a '98 Honda Civic's car alarm at 3 am.

Claims town for AVM after that crap he posted.

Feeling like AVM is the lynch. 

5 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Jif what do you think of Dicker? You think he's also just dumbtown that got wrapped up on the wrong side?

I do.  He had the chance to pounce on Ben.  He didnt.  He slowed played today.  If he's scum and played it that way, kudos.  And like I said earlier, no offense to Decker, I dont think he's savvy enough to pull that off.

On 7/11/2016 at 11:22 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Is anyone else willing to lynch AVM?  The omgus combined with the wagonomics evidence makes him obvious scum.

Anyone?

On 7/11/2016 at 11:44 AM, JiF said:

I willing to go here if DPR doesnt get traction.  He's my #2.

On 7/11/2016 at 11:58 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Yeah, I can vote DPR but I think AVM is more likely.  

On 7/11/2016 at 11:58 AM, D P R said:

What do you see on AVM? 

I'm not asking JiF because he took stupid pills this morning.

On 7/11/2016 at 0:12 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I see no hunt from AVM...yesterday he voted Ben not because he found something but more just climbing aboard a northbound train.  80 calls him out for his vote and his lack of contribution.  Leelou had also suspected him and now both 80 and Leelou are dead.  Now I get that scum most likely had one shot so its a stretch but I find that interesting.  Then today after I vote him he fires back with an omgus vote.  Yet another who wants to lynch a person from the train that lynched scum.  Again, I realize you have a different opinion of the possible motives yesterday and my vote by no means makes me confirmed town but to lay out conspiratorial evidence the very next day and not even consider that scum would have pushed for a competing train seems counterproductive.

On 7/11/2016 at 0:28 PM, D P R said:

Noticing that someone is not hunting is legit. 

Now we know that 80 was playing out front yesterday to reaction test and get an idea of who to investigate. 

Leelou's observation is more interesting to me because of their thing, but they do that every game now and it was day 1, so I ignored it. i need to re-read those interactions.

I'm also very curious about the multiple kills and those choices, but I've got Nolder in mind as the scum-hit on Leelou because they've played a lot together and she knows his tells.

Agreed that today was a total omgus vote on you.

We stand where we do on the train/vote issue.

I'm going to leave my vote where it is for now because it would just be opportunistic to do otherwise and I do still feel more strongly about Nolder being scum (and JiF ham-fisting trying to pull my vote off of him) but I'm not counting AVM out.

On 7/11/2016 at 1:00 PM, Nolder said:

Unvote

Vote DPR

I'll be back soon. That's L-1 for anyone just wandering into the thread.

On 7/11/2016 at 1:01 PM, AzureBen said:

I still think DPR is scummy from d1 myself, but I'm up for lynching Hallia, and increasingly want Nolder dead.
With that in mind, not going to allow a hammer that easily yet. Unvote

This is the only thing that has me tripped up.

DPR is rather, indifferent about everything AVM but he's not counting him out.  Not sure what to make of it.

But birdbrain...this dude.  I dont even have the words.  He cant be this obvious, right? 

7 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Well he's not my first choice but I'm ok with an AVM lynch.

haha - I'm going back and forth now.  AVM or is Birdbrain this blatant of scum? 

He is in a huge rush to kill anyone and pleading with the town to sh*t or get off the pot.   Why rush?  We've got plenty of time.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha - I'm going back and forth now.  AVM or is Birdbrain this blatant of scum? 

He is in a huge rush to kill anyone and pleading with the town to sh*t or get off the pot.   Why rush?  We've got plenty of time.

I was thinking the same thing about him rushing us.

Maybe we should wait for AVM to plead his case?

On 7/7/2016 at 4:37 PM, AzureBen said:

They're beautiful.
And what do you think of decker? Is he careless/disengaged town, a SK, or mafia?

They have one kill per night, and have to be the last one standing. Mafia have more power, and can win sooner and more easily.

Right now, I actually don't like what Smash has been doing since he appeared, just playing the "how dare you, I'm done" card and ignoring the other things that have happened, or how Ape tried for me then just slipped off onto decker without explanation when nobody followed, deeming me off the hook for no reason to boot. DPR coming by just to sheep things Ape said when he'd already changed targets doesn't look good either. Any of them.

On 7/7/2016 at 4:43 PM, Smashmouth said:

Decker is C/D town

Page 14 interaction between birdbrain and scum...

Decker looking even better...IMO

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I was thinking the same thing about him rushing us.

Maybe we should wait for AVM to plead his case?

100%.  I'm doing a thorough reread right now and I'm in no rush.

It's between AVM vs. Birdbrain vs. Crusher right now.  Starting to feel a little better about my muffin top.

The thing I cant get over and still has me leaning toward AVM was both DPR and Smash were on birdbrains train D1.

And JC wanted to kill AVM yesterday.   He was his #1.  And we were seeing the game damn near identically.

On 7/7/2016 at 4:46 PM, AzureBen said:

C/D? Confirmed?

On 7/7/2016 at 5:17 PM, Smashmouth said:

not confirmed you asked me how I felt about decker I answered ...you role fishing scum ?

On 7/7/2016 at 5:19 PM, Smashmouth said:

Based on the last few posts Im going to unvote fat ass and vote Azureben

This doesnt look a distancing vote from Smash.

On 7/7/2016 at 5:38 PM, AVM said:

Never, ever, ever change Smash <3

I think you underestimate the depravity* of some.

*yeah I just wanted to use the word depravity, so what? /80'd

Technically you weren't scum last game...

technically

Mine was a little too violent for my liking, tbh.

Nice topical reference, Ape.

And I'll play unvote vote Birdman/Pac/BenghAzi/Ben something

What up, JC?

AVM voting Birdbrain on D1.

On 7/7/2016 at 9:26 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Unvote vote AVM

On 7/7/2016 at 9:35 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

AVM didn't even offer up an excuse.  He just dropped a vote on Ben for no reason whatsoever. 

On 7/7/2016 at 9:36 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean wtf is this, really.

80 suspecting AVM.  Leelou was too.  Both turned up dead on N1.  FWIW

On 7/7/2016 at 10:43 PM, D P R said:

Also, Ben is not "low hanging fruit". All of the early votes on him were joke votes because of his ghey post. But when he started leveraging a plan, he brought attention to himself.

On 7/7/2016 at 10:58 PM, D P R said:

What are your thoughts on Ben? Do you agree that he's pushing a lynch-list and fear-mongering with deadline talk? 

More scum going after Birdbrain on D1. 

On 7/8/2016 at 11:50 AM, Nynaeve said:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Ben (5): Crusher, DPR, Smash, AVM, Dicker

Smash (4): Ben, JC, 80, JiF

Dicker (2): Nolder, Hallia

AVM (1):  Leelou

Not voting (1): Ape

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:

blu_1468008000.png

Check the bold on the Birdbrain train.  

I just dont see them bussing him on D1 in his first game here.

On 7/8/2016 at 2:55 PM, D P R said:

I really am asking this - are you letting Ben slide because "new guy on Day 1" or because you see the Smash case as being stronger? 

DPR making hard statements about "letting Birdbrains" slide on D1.  

Birdbrain = really dumb town

On 7/8/2016 at 3:22 PM, Smashmouth said:

Ape I'm going to have to correct you here, I always reveal on a run up and I bash the sh*t out of people like Nolder and PAC when they refuse too reveal.

In this particular case, however, I felt it was a joke run up like you suggested so I felt no reason to reveal at this stage so in that respect you would be correct.

JC has latched on to me on day one in the last 4 games and has not budged, even though he had no real information to go on he insisted I was scum which made no sense and he produced no real argument.

The last few games I have played a bit more serious and not used my usual confusing meta to try and draw out scum and protect myself in the same instance. I keep reading this crap about how I do this and I do that and TBH most if not all of it is dead wrong I can't tell if its scum trying to screw with me or if people simply have not been paying attention

This post will be classified as tl;dr so I'll bold the relevant part of it for the idiots, you know like moron's interrupted by a shiny object .

Its day one and I don't have much to go on but when I saw BEN role fishing then denying it then somewhat agreeing to it when I pointed it out is about as good a scum tell on day one as it gets so that's where my votes going to stay/

Smash - hard push on Birdbrain again...

On 7/8/2016 at 10:29 PM, AVM said:

DPR: doesn't really seem to be around, yet. Need to see more, probably wouldn't have him top priority

Dicker seems to be doing the jovial, just happy to be here thing. feels like he did that his first time as scum? Just seems familiar and different from usual play.

JC/Ape was interesting...Ape generally is more aware but seems kind of disinterested. JCs trap, useful or not, was at least a savvy play and better effort than I and most have given.

Ben I'm still thrown off by...playing like a DMer trying to be a DMer, but isn't a DMer? Can't tell if legit a little stranger or putting up a facade.

Interesting...

On 7/11/2016 at 9:28 AM, AVM said:

....are you being serious right now? You, of all people, know that you ask questions to set up cases and you have freaked out all over yourself here in response to it...

So...let's recap:

During night phase, I'm your lead suspect.  Day breaks and your first post is an early VC, highlighting that DPR/Crush/Decker probably has one scum, possibly has two.  You then follow up showing me equalizing the Ben/Smash train.

So another question, to continue getting under your skin apparently...

Who do you NOT think is scummy?  Because it looks like you're trying to paint as many as looking bad as possible.

Also seems like you're insinuating Leelou/80 are dead because they suspected me, which is weak.

...which just happened to coincide with me questioning you and specifically your case on Crush.

Vote JC

First vote from AVM on D2.  

After DPR spent 7 pages trying to spin a tin foil gambit play to JC.

Archived