Jets Cash Bonus Bucks

Cornfed

We've discussed often how the Jets Rewards program seems to be pretty worthless.  Actually, that's not fair - for the $4k+ I spent last year, I got two stemless wine glasses and a couple mason jars.  All with Jets logos on them.

Jets Cash, on the other hand, seems decent.  I hated the idea initially since it seemed like just another card I could use to buy things at games.  That seemed redundant with my actual credit cards or cash I already use to buy stuff at games.

That said, I was surprised last year when they had a bunch of bonus stuff they gave with the use of Jets Cash.  This year, it looks like you get 10% bucks back or 15% bucks back if you use a Mastercard.

Concessions are still pretty hilariously expensive, but it seems they're 15% less expensive with Jets Cash!  Drink and Hot Pretzel Up!

6 hours ago, Cornfed said:

We've discussed often how the Jets Rewards program seems to be pretty worthless.  Actually, that's not fair - for the $4k+ I spent last year, I got two stemless wine glasses and a couple mason jars.  All with Jets logos on them.

Jets Cash, on the other hand, seems decent.  I hated the idea initially since it seemed like just another card I could use to buy things at games.  That seemed redundant with my actual credit cards or cash I already use to buy stuff at games.

That said, I was surprised last year when they had a bunch of bonus stuff they gave with the use of Jets Cash.  This year, it looks like you get 10% bucks back or 15% bucks back if you use a Mastercard.

Concessions are still pretty hilariously expensive, but it seems they're 15% less expensive with Jets Cash!  Drink and Hot Pretzel Up!

I didn't realize that about the 15% with mastercard. That is pretty good!

Said it before, I'll say it again, it's not about the money or the prizes.  A good rewards program should bestow great services for fan loyalty.

When I'm Gold status on an airline, I don't get free stemware or towels.  I get things that matter to a traveler.  I get an express line at check-in, I get occasional access to the first class lounge, I'm in the first group to board, I get greeted by the flight attendant when we pull away from the gate, I get an upgraded meal, I get free drinks, I get my coat hung in the first class closet, I get an occasional upgrade.

The Jets should follow the airline model and allow fans to accumulate points on an ongoing lifetime basis which allow for services such as these.  Reach Gold status, you get to enter the stadium 30 minutes before everyone else.  Seniority of over 15 years, you get preferred parking and an express line at entry.  Have a perfect season by attending all 9 home games, get Club access for the icy-cold 10th.  Attend all 8 home games for 5 years, get pregame access to the Coaches Club food/drink for a game the following season.  Guarantee on-field pregame access every 3 seasons for those who attend at least 7 games each season. Accumulate enough lifetime points, earn upgrade coupons for larger meal portions, larger drink portions.  Create a per-game seat upgrade program where the Jets purchase your existing seats, give you better ones at no charge. 

We don't want trinkets.  We want services that recognize our loyalty and commitment to the team.  Not rocket science.  Just copy the airlines.  And unlike an airline that has a short amount of time and a tiny tube to work with, an NFL team has a huge stadium and an all-day event from which to harvest perks.  Training camp access, stay at the team hotel, luncheons with veterans, express exit stairway access, cheerleader greeters at your seats, it's practically endless.

SAR I

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Said it before, I'll say it again, it's not about the money or the prizes.  A good rewards program should bestow great services for fan loyalty.

When I'm Gold status on an airline, I don't get free stemware or towels.  I get things that matter to a traveler.  I get an express line at check-in, I get occasional access to the first class lounge, I'm in the first group to board, I get greeted by the flight attendant when we pull away from the gate, I get an upgraded meal, I get free drinks, I get my coat hung in the first class closet, I get an occasional upgrade.

The Jets should follow the airline model and allow fans to accumulate points on an ongoing lifetime basis which allow for services such as these.  Reach Gold status, you get to enter the stadium 30 minutes before everyone else.  Seniority of over 15 years, you get preferred parking and an express line at entry.  Have a perfect season by attending all 9 home games, get Club access for the icy-cold 10th.  Attend all 8 home games for 5 years, get pregame access to the Coaches Club food/drink for a game the following season.  Guarantee on-field pregame access every 3 seasons for those who attend at least 7 games each season. Accumulate enough lifetime points, earn upgrade coupons for larger meal portions, larger drink portions.  Create a per-game seat upgrade program where the Jets purchase your existing seats, give you better ones at no charge. 

We don't want trinkets.  We want services that recognize our loyalty and commitment to the team.  Not rocket science.  Just copy the airlines.  And unlike an airline that has a short amount of time and a tiny tube to work with, an NFL team has a huge stadium and an all-day event from which to harvest perks.  Training camp access, stay at the team hotel, luncheons with veterans, express exit stairway access, cheerleader greeters at your seats, it's practically endless.

SAR I

Problem with this is if it's about fan loyalty the Jets run the risk of ruining the Coaches Club with all the loyal burping and farting blue collar fans from Staten Island.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I like these ideas.  I think the Devils have priority entry into the arena and priority concession lines for STH's.  I would totally take advantage of priority entry for Metlife.  I usually arrive at my seats 10 minutes before kickoff.  I would love to be able to arrive later or hang in the parking lot longer when tailgating if I could reliably avoid the line.  For the Jets on the concession front, the lines aren't that bad near me, so I don't really wait, anyway.  But I would love occasional club access and the like.

SAR

Although I understand what you are saying, I have to remind you one thing. You are not a fan of an airline but you are a fan of your team. When it comes to airlines, you have plenty of options to choose from. And airlines have to sweeten the pot to be able to grab your business. They are in a competition with other airlines. In Jets case, there is no competition. You will go there regardless. But with that said, I believe your main point is valid. 

I am a stubhub person myself. Even though I can afford season tix, I prefer to go to games ala carte. There should be a significant difference between me and a loyal STH of say 10 years in the eyes of the Jets. Today, there really is no difference except the Jets rewards and cash thingy which in itself is nice but really not that much of a thing. If Jets are smart, they will make being a STH more attractive.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Wonderfully stated.  I agree 100%.  This message should go to the Jets... perhaps they wake up and smell the coffee.  The program they have now is complete nonsense.  

Having attended their Town Halls and Fan Advisory meetings, I'll tell you this.. they think the rewards program is the best thing they have ever done.  With respect to this issue, their marketing team/customer relations decision makers are clueless and incompetent.  You just have to shake your head in bewilderment trying to figure out how and why any of them thought this program was any good.  Yuck. 

The Rewards Program should be renamed the Jets Worthless Trinket Program.

Last year was a much better deal.  I had spent $50 and got a $20 bonus for signing up and $20 bonus for using my Mastercard.  I then got another $20 for trying it at the open practice at Metlife and then somehow during the year got another $5 bonus so basically $50 got me $115 of money to spend.  This year $50 only gets me $57.50. 

If the Jets wanted to do it right let me use my rewards points for Jets Cash.

Also I agree season ticketholders should get some kind of perk at the stadium.  Let us have our own lines if we are using our swipe cards and let the jamokes who buy tickets off SH wait longer.

Archived