Jets' Dee Milliner says he needs to 'do better' after struggling vs. Jaguars

Gas2No99

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Dee Miliner Sucks and I'm as sure of that as I was the first time I saw Gholston play. He's a talented kid but he's a terrible corner and he always seems to be playing catch up he falls for every move in the book and when catching up he always falls short.

you watch a different game? it looked to me like he was right on top of the receiver...im not saying Dee is good because I haven't seen enough of him to really make a decision one way or the other but his coverage skills looked good just his ball skills and his tackling needs work. I am far more concerned that he will not make it through the season healthy.

I don't understand all the expectation that he should be a good NFL corner when he's never been one. 

Yeah yeah yeah ... "the last 4 games" of 14 ... baloney ..  a couple of ok games and a couple of total crap teams

Not even considering the tissue paper endurance .. he's not good at a lot of the fundementals that would make him a serviceable Corner. 

I hold not much hope that he's not a highlight on the 2nd Edition of Jets Draft Blunders

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

you watch a different game? it looked to me like he was right on top of the receiver...im not saying Dee is good because I haven't seen enough of him to really make a decision one way or the other but his coverage skills looked good just his ball skills and his tackling needs work. I am far more concerned that he will not make it through the season healthy.

not just basing what I'm saying on yesterday

not just basing what I'm saying on yesterday

He has shown flashes of talent...his biggest problem is his long history of injury. He probably doesn't hold much trade value and is still on his rookie contract it is best to keep him hope he does something good this year and hope someone else overpays to bring him to their team next season

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

He has shown flashes of talent...his biggest problem is his long history of injury. He probably doesn't hold much trade value and is still on his rookie contract it is best to keep him hope he does something good this year and hope someone else overpays to bring him to their team next season

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The best trait of a corner is consistency. Now while Injury does play a part here, the guy was so bad his first season it was beyond just rookie bad. Personally I don't think he will pass either Williams or Skrine on the depth chart. Anything he does from this point on IMHO will be in dime packages or if he ever gets the chance to play due to another players injury. He will not be on this team past his rookie contract.

Ask yourself, at this stage since he/s not going to start or get any extensive playing time, what does he offer this team ?

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Dee Miliner Sucks and I'm as sure of that as I was the first time I saw Gholston play. He's a talented kid but he's a terrible corner and he always seems to be playing catch up he falls for every move in the book and when catching up he always falls short.

That was his first live action in over a year. He does have natural talent, and did put together that one defensive rookie of the month. Best case scenario for the Jets is that he puts it together. Anyway, his salary is guaranteed, so they'll be giving him every opportunity. I think he's gone next year regardless because even if he puts together a brilliant season, he's too much of an injury risk to sign to big money long term. 

Amazing that this Burris kid Mac found in the fourth already looks better than McDougle and Milliner. 

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The best trait of a corner is consistency. Now while Injury does play a part here, the guy was so bad his first season it was beyond just rookie bad. Personally I don't think he will pass either Williams or Skrine on the depth chart. Anything he does from this point on IMHO will be in dime packages or if he ever gets the chance to play due to another players injury. He will not be on this team past his rookie contract.

Ask yourself, at this stage since he/s not going to start or get any extensive playing time, what does he offer this team ?

I think he is going to play and I actually think he is going to play alright this season. Williams and Skrine I like a lot but I think Milliner has the potential to be much better than either of them...The kid holds value to us right now because obviously if he plays well it would help out one of our weak spots on the team but it will also probably land him a decent contract in free agency which could get us a supplemental draft pick. Last year this time people were crying for Pryor to get cut and he ended up playing pretty well why don't we wait until preseason game 4 at least before we toss this kid out.

No matter, the number 2 CB will get picked on this season. I really want Dee to play up to his draft slot. I think the coaching staff will get the best out of him. He does have talent. His technique is suspect and that is where he needs to be coached up.

Archived