Keenan Lewis cut by saints

cant wait

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

The Saints were the worst defense maybe ever last year & you want to look at a guy they just cut? That would be like a team signing a WR cut from our 2014 team.

You don't know all the details as to why he was released and if healthy is an upgrade from whoever the jets are planning on starting at CB2. last year he was IRed early and the hip has been an issue but it's worth at least a call to find out

1 hour ago, fusionCA said:

if you are a defender cut by the Saints that says a lot.

that guy must be worse then Kyle Wilson

So in other words you have no idea who he is then? The saints sure showed they know what they are doing by letting malcolm jenkins walk and then go on to be a pro bowl safety for the eagles

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

So in other words you have no idea who he is then? The saints sure showed they know what they are doing by letting malcolm jenkins walk and then go on to be a pro bowl safety for the eagles

I know who he is.

there is a difference letting someone walk when he is a free agent because of money then cutting someone because he is not good enough.

the Jets let Harrison walk , you think the Jets didn't know how good he is? they just preferred  to allocate the money in other places.

if you think that out of no where Lewis will come and be CB #2 for the Jets then you have no idea what you are talking about.

8 hours ago, cant wait said:

You don't know all the details as to why he was released and if healthy is an upgrade from whoever the jets are planning on starting at CB2. last year he was IRed early and the hip has been an issue but it's worth at least a call to find out

Every player cut isn't an upgrade simply because we recognize his name. 

1 hour ago, fusionCA said:

I know who he is.

there is a difference letting someone walk when he is a free agent because of money then cutting someone because he is not good enough.

the Jets let Harrison walk , you think the Jets didn't know how good he is? they just preferred  to allocate the money in other places.

if you think that out of no where Lewis will come and be CB #2 for the Jets then you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm saying it's worth inquiring to see where he's at, if he's not healthy then pass. There's been chatter that there was beef between him and dennis allen so who knows. I don't think skrine is an outside corner, milliner has chronic vaginitis, and Williams has been questionable at best so the team should be looking to add quality depth. He might have a good year or two left in him, you've seen guys like grimes come back from a torn achilles at 30 and still have something left in the tank 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Every player cut isn't an upgrade simply because we recognize his name. 

Of course not but you can't be telling me the jets are confident in the CB2 spot right now. I actually like Burris a lot as a prospect but he has a ways to go from what it seems

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Of course not but you can't be telling me the jets are confident in the CB2 spot right now. I actually like Burris a lot as a prospect but he has a ways to go from what it seems

They may or may not be confident at this time, I have no clue.

But I'd bet they're confident like everyone else that Lewis doesn't improve the unit.  He's not starting over the players we have.  No way. 

Archived