Official Cuts Thread

CrazyCarl40

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

I think if he goes to IR, he has to clear waivers.  Saw that the Pats pulled Tyler Gaffney, RB from the Carolina panthers in 2014 after a season ending injury. Gaffney will be in the mix with Dion Lewis done for the year.

I don't understand. If we put a player on IR, why would he need to clear waivers?

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I don't understand. If we put a player on IR, why would he need to clear waivers?

In one of the other threads, if i recall it had to do with the player agreeing to be put on the IR as a way to avoid stashing all sorts of players on the IR. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In one of the other threads, if i recall it had to do with the player agreeing to be put on the IR as a way to avoid stashing all sorts of players on the IR. 

I'm not aware of the circumstances there but like I said, Jets would be wise to put Devin on PUP, like they did. 

3 hours ago, j4jets said:

If he is IR's before the 75 player deadline, he has to go through waivers, if they waited until after the deadline (eg release someone else) he could go straight to IR

23 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

If he is IR's before the 75 player deadline, he has to go through waivers, if they waited until after the deadline (eg release someone else) he could go straight to IR

Didn't know that, but interesting. 

Archived