Strive for an ELITE defense? - AqibTalib SUPPOSEDLY available

Gas2No99

NOW - FOR ARGUMENT's SAKE.

If this were true:

Sources: Broncos looking to find trade partner for CB Aqib Talib

Regarding the blasphemes who DOUBT #14 Fitzpatrick can REPLICATE ANOTHER STUNNING season as he did in Year Prior and assert the offense WILL NOT be the powerhouse it was in 2015, that FURTHER investing and improving the defense could push the 2016 defensive unit into possible "ELITE' league status - a SUPER UNIT, if you will. Many here have voiced their displeasure of Skrine being the #2 as not the IDEAL, and Marcus Williams is currently our #2 CB. Upgrade-able? Most definitely. 

So, just curious to see what others here would be, IF AT ALL, willing to parlay for the services of a Talib as a #2. Could that even work with our current Cap situation? I truly expected Miliner to step up in a contract year, but was DEAD WRONG, and an inadequate #2 CB can be a REAL achilles heel to this 2016 defensive unit. 

The issue proposed is, regarding a higher lack of faith in replicating the offensive production in 2016 with a tougher schedule, if a more confidence-inducing veteran relative to #20  becomes available via trade - would you be willing and for how much? That player possibly being the difference of converting this defense into LITERALLY SHUTTING down opposing offenses TOP 3 WR options due to Revis, "Talib", and Skrine. 

The BREAD AND BUTTER of 2015's punishing run game and quick slants to our BIG WRs is no longer and expected, so HOW do the Jets overcome? Pump more Fuel into the defense and pray #14 manages the vessel without hitting the iceberg a.k.a. NY Jets Football History?

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Not an elite pass rusher, sorry this does nothing to make this D elite.

True, not Von Miller. But that extra 2-3 seconds of coverage COULD, MAY, HOPEFULLY & would finally allow the supposed formidable Blue-Chip talent D-Line to accumulate MORE SACKS. You saw all the games last year, we should have MORE of a pass rush with that line than we did. I hope with FASTER LBs via draft and 2nd year in program there will be a SIGNIFICANT translation into TFLs, Sacks, Turnovers, and FFs that Bowles had raised hell with his schemes back in ARZ. 

3 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Id rather we strive for a solid O-line.

I'd say that along with TE and RB depth, since NONE of the RBs that made the cut have an encouraging history of avoiding injuries in their respective careers. Yet that's why I'm intrigued by the proposition that since there are WAY MORE potholes to fix on the offense with caveats to boot - run game, Fitzpatrick the SEQUEL? - that ROIDING OUT the defense MAY be a better and more efficient route, plus the character gamble, to push this savvy veteran team into the upper echelons of the weak AFC. Clearly most would fork over a player than a draft pick, but Revis and Talib and NB Skrine with Pryor and Gilchrist is a FORMIDABLE secondary behind a VASTYL improved LB core and DAUNTING front 4 D-Line.

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'd say that along with TE and RB depth, since NONE of the RBs that made the cut have an encouraging history of avoiding injuries in their respective careers. Yet that's why I'm intrigued by the proposition that since there are WAY MORE potholes to fix on the offense with caveats to boot - run game, Fitzpatrick the SEQUEL? - that ROIDING OUT the defense MAY be a better and more efficient route, plus the character gamble, to push this savvy veteran team into the upper echelons of the weak AFC. Clearly most would fork over a player than a draft pick, but Revis and Talib and NB Skrine with Pryor and Gilchrist is a FORMIDABLE secondary behind a VASTYL improved LB core and DAUNTING front 4 D-Line.

Oh I like the idea, just dont see us pulling it off.

Did we make enough from Cutting Milliner and Amaro to pull off a trade like this?  Then we'd have to consider what we have that the broncos could want.

I'd do it if it was possible but I don't see it happening. Maybe that's what we were trying to pull off today. Jace and Dee for Aquib.

37 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

This sounds weird to me

you are saying you like the idea of go "all in" on paying Talib

Because you don't expect either the run game or passing game 2016 #'s to match the 2015 #'s ... But you value investing in improving #2 CB  over investing in improving  these deficiencies on offense you are talking about ???

doesnt make sense to me

Aqib Talib is a schmuck.  That's why he got ran outta Tampa.  Same reason Elway and Denver is trying to dump him now.  Same reason Harvin got run from Minny and Seattle.  Why do people not see that?

The Jets seem to have good chemistry right now.  You don't  bring in a catalyst for an explosion.   Pass.

Archived