Lets look at 2017

CanadaSteve

On 10/5/2016 at 8:43 PM, T0mShane said:

Matt Miller just posted his new 2017 mock draft and he has the Jets picking a CB at 5. I just need to express how furious I am about this. 

I saw his mock, I would have picked Fournette in that spot. You want to help our young QBs? Get a stud RB and start running play action passes. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, maury77 said:

I saw his mock, I would have picked Fournette in that spot. You want to help our young QBs? Get a stud RB and start running play action passes. 

Agree. You need to run the ball. I'd rather fortify the leaky, aging OL first pick tough. look how quickly Dallas improved by investing in the OL.  You can't throw or run without a dominant OL. Just ask Andrew Luck. Our OL in reality is pathetic. Mangold old and has little left as does Clady. 2 years left tops  with either. Winters is getting better but still an average guard. Carpenter is decent. After that, the depth is non existent. Tackle, CB, C or vice versus with 1st 3 picks in  next years draft. And also sign premier T and CB in FA. 

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The consensus top three seems to be Kizer, Watson, and Kaaya. He'll have his shot at one of them. As for 4-12, Marshall is banged up, Decker is hurt, Forte looks washed, and Fitzpatrick looks like Fitzpatrick always looks the year after he gets paid. I think they have some serious issues, regardless of who's on the schedule.

So I don't know dick about any of them other than name recognition. Do any of these three seem like they'll be worth a damn at the next level?

Agree. You need to run the ball. I'd rather fortify the leaky, aging OL first pick tough. look how quickly Dallas improved by investing in the OL.  You can't throw or run without a dominant OL. Just ask Andrew Luck. Our OL in reality is pathetic. Mangold old and has little left as does Clady. 2 years left tops  with either. Winters is getting better but still an average guard. Carpenter is decent. After that, the depth is non existent. Tackle, CB, C or vice versus with 1st 3 picks in  next years draft. And also sign premier T and CB in FA. 

Yes , we need to get young and better on the line but they have not been even close to the biggest issue on this team. They have played above average, so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So I don't know dick about any of them other than name recognition. Do any of these three seem like they'll be worth a damn at the next level?

One of them will be good. He'll be drafted by the Cardinals. We'll get one of the other two.

18 hours ago, Powpow said:

Well, if its Laremy Tunsil v. Fournette, I can be talked into Tunsil, but there isn't a ton of talent at OL at the top of the draft. 

On 10/5/2016 at 7:43 PM, T0mShane said:

Matt Miller just posted his new 2017 mock draft and he has the Jets picking a CB at 5. I just need to express how furious I am about this. 

We won't be picking that high...but it will still be defense.

FML.

Archived