I don't even recognize this team anymore

JetUp91

Let's look back to last year. Coming off that week 16 win, on a 5 game winning streak and we appeared to be surging into the playoffs ready to make a serious run. Then we ran into Buffalo week 17, and this team hasn't looked the same ever since.

- Bowles was a promising rookie head coach who we all had great confidence in coming into this season. Just 4 games in, we're all seriously questioning that now. Team just doesn't look prepared out there. He's a defensive guy, and I don't think I've seen so many blown coverages in a span of 4 games in my life.

- We all knew Fitz would regress, let's be honest.. But like THIS? He went from breaking the franchise TD record to literally being the worst starting quarterback in football. I saw a regression coming, but this is just insane.

- Our back end in coverage is absolutely, positively PUTRID. You could make the argument that we actually did get a pretty good pass rush on Wilson yesterday, but it doesn't matter when the QB gets rid of the ball in 1-2 seconds to an ALWAYS WIDE OPEN receiver / tight end / RB. It's actually mind blowing how wide open these players are getting against us. If not for the beasts we have up front, this defense would give up 40+ points per game. It is HORRENDOUS. There's not a single player back there that can even attempt to cover anybody. Pryor might be the worst safety in coverage in the league.

- Went from tops in the league in red zone defense / offense to bottom.

This team didn't take a step back from last season. It took a gigantic leap back. It's like everybody on the team is collapsing at the same time.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

If you didn't see the Fitz regression of this magnitude shame on you.  Shame on ALL of you!

There's no way you thought he would be THIS awful. Come on. He's on pace for 40 interceptions.. This is a historic meltdown.

Just now, JetUp91 said:

There's no way you thought he would be THIS awful. Come on. He's on pace for 40 interceptions.. This is a historic meltdown.

Lol, use the search feature to see my posts from January till September, and you will see yes I thought he would be this awful.

3 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

It's the schedule, Fitz is fine against bad teams but a good defense and he's lost.  

Apparently the Bills aren't that bad and he had a good game against them.. He's just not a good quarterback.

Just now, phill1c said:

I think the calculus is if Ryan Fitzpatrick beats you, you ARE a bad defense.

Lol true.

I think we as fans invest too much into the "flashes" that players show. We had some memorable moments last year with Fitz playing QB, no doubt about it.. but even bad players have "flashes." The mark of a good / great player is consistently doing it, not having a good game every once in a while. That's the mark of a bad player.

Just now, JetUp91 said:

Lol true.

I think we as fans invest too much into the "flashes" that players show. We had some memorable moments last year with Fitz playing QB, no doubt about it.. but even bad players have "flashes." The mark of a good / great player is consistently doing it, not having a good game every once in a while. That's the mark of a bad player.

I remember just as many "flashes" of bad play, mostly against the Texans and Bills. But there was a 4-to-5-game stretch where he played pretty poorly. And, of course, against Buffalo, when an average game gets us into the playoffs. How people can forget that is beyond me.

18 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

I'm sorry, but many of us knew he wasn't any good - 6 int's in a  game, of course no one could have predicted that - but I, for one, didn't think he had any chance of leading this team to the playoffs.

Which is why there was so much frustration with many fans here - the way they let him hold them ransom all off-season and then folded and paid him $12mm

1 hour ago, JetUp91 said:

Lol true.

Those "flashes" give the fans hope. Hope can be a very powerful thing. Especially when we as a fan base have not had any hope with the last half dozen or so Qb's.

Archived