Best wishes to all NY Jets Fans in Fla

FlaJetsFan

Be safe all...head for higher ground.  When I was there many years ago, we got hit with 3 hurricanes in the span of a couple months.  Went to a friend's condo in Miami so we were on the 5th floor looking down at all of it and no worries of flooding.  

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You live out there?  I actually joined the AF out of Bradenton...used to work in Sarasota from time to time.

Grew up in Sarasota.  Moved back a few years ago after spending 7 in Colorado and 10 in Michigan...give or take.

Just now, RoadFan said:

Grew up in Sarasota.  Moved back a few years ago after spending 7 in Colorado and 10 in Michigan...give or take.

Gotcha...haven't come across many people from that area.

Be safe, man.

29 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Be safe all...head for higher ground.  When I was there many years ago, we got hit with 3 hurricanes in the span of a couple months.  Went to a friend's condo in Miami so we were on the 5th floor looking down at all of it and no worries of flooding.  

We are hunkered down! Time to ride it out

9:23 am.  it still east of palm beach gardens.   power still on in martin county.  once it gets past 27 degree latitude, i can start to breathe easier.  squalls are getting bad.  lights flickered on and off once already.  it's looking like it will land between ft pierce and sebastian, 

43 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Look at the bright side, Jet fans will not be able to endure Sunday's massacre due to no power..

All the best, be safe and hope all passes with minimal damage...

if there's not too much damage, there's bars in port salerno that will probably be running outside generators during the games.  light just went off again and on.  this is probably the last post.

My brother is on the road and last I heard east of Tallahassee and the traffic moving slowly. He said some people were staying overnight at a rest area in their cars. Just about impossible to get a hotel room in that area and even west of Tallahassee. I checked Priceline and no vacancies. They'll probably have to sleep overnight in their car. Luckily they have an SUV. Looks like he was smart to leave Daytona. It's getting worse there and again they live right on the ocean. We like it there too and might move there but if we do a little more inland like maybe 5 miles from the beach. They say the storm is going to be at least through Saturday and after it leaves in some areas it might turn around and come back. 

it's now 11:30.  Matthew is at latitude 27.1+, meaning it is passing Stuart.  We have been very very lucky; the eye of the storm never moved inland to Hobe Sound/Stuart area where I live.  It looks like it might completely bypass the Treasure Coast (tho the rain bands are heavy right now and the winds are around 50 mph or so) and make landfall on the Space Coast, if it does at all.  Lots of power outages in Palm Beach County and Martin, but luckily we were spared a disaster.   Not over yet, and I wont breathe easy till 2am, but I plan to watch the Jets come Sunday, and they better effin win.  Thanks to all of you for the kind wishes.

16 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

it's now 11:30.  Matthew is at latitude 27.1+, meaning it is passing Stuart.  We have been very very lucky; the eye of the storm never moved inland to Hobe Sound/Stuart area where I live.  It looks like it might completely bypass the Treasure Coast (tho the rain bands are heavy right now and the winds are around 50 mph or so) and make landfall on the Space Coast, if it does at all.  Lots of power outages in Palm Beach County and Martin, but luckily we were spared a disaster.   Not over yet, and I wont breathe easy till 2am, but I plan to watch the Jets come Sunday, and they better effin win.  Thanks to all of you for the kind wishes.

That's great news, keep us updated if you can.

SAR I

Evacuated Jax Beach and my ocean front Condo on Thurs. and headed to Gainesville.  Very calm here, it was like the storm didn't hit but watching updates and seeing video footage of the storm surge in Jax Beach has me nervous of what I will return to and when.  I know power and water is out.  Apparently the roads are better and you can drive them but that will be a battle with everyone trying to get back to their homes.  My beloved pier great for surfing and fishing apparently got washed away.  You just have to hope everyone is safe and the damage isn't severe.  

I recently put an offer on a house 4 blocks off the ocean.  Very hopeful there was no damage to the house.  I luckily scheduled the inspector for Wed. So we shall see.

30 years in FL.  Never evacuated.  Thats the case for a lot of Floridians and it's given people a false sense of security.  I didn't **** around. As a surfer in Florida, I live for Hurricane surf but I also know what devestation it can bring.  With where my place is (even on the 2nd floor) I wasn't taking chances.

Sounds like the family all got through it fine (Melbourne, New Symrna, Ormond and Orlando).  Hope the same goes for everyone else in the state. 

Archived