Setting Up A Wireless Network

Maxman

Anyone here ever set up a wireless network?

It is easy right? I just walked a friend through configuring one on the phone and he was amazed at how quick it was to setup.

A few minutes and he was all set. Just felt like sharing.

Anyone here ever set up a wireless network?

It is easy right? I just walked a friend through configuring one on the phone and he was amazed at how quick it was to setup.

A few minutes and he was all set. Just felt like sharing.

I have a wireless network at home. I used Netgear products and it was so easy. The only things I would reccommend is that you use all the provided security features (firewall, wep/wap, encryption...etc.).

LL

What do u guys use your wireless networks for?

I have spy cameras where i can see the sexy neigbor lady next door get dressed and un-dressed...hahaha, no actually I use my wireless network so that i dont have to run ethernet cable through my house to connect with my laptop.

I run a 802.11G network which is supa fast!

LL

What do u guys use your wireless networks for?

I have a wired and wired network. My PC and the kids PCs are wired. As is the TIVO. The XBOX is wired. My laptop is wireless as is my Dell Axim.

I am a dork. This I will not deny.

• 2 weeks later...
how much will a wireless network go for? I'm looking to buy one but havent really done any research. thanks

A combo kit is less than $100. Wireless Router and Card for a laptop...usually around $70 or so.

802.11g is probably what you want to get.

Archived