Devin Smith Close to Return

AFJF

21 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Fans who attack first year players are absolutely clueless in general and calling an injured player gutless is typical Jet fan nuttiness.  

Meanwhile other teams first year players are helping them win games and get to the playoffs its always injuries or excuses about the Jets draft picks.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Meanwhile other teams first year players are helping them win games and get to the playoffs its always injuries or excuses about the Jets draft picks.

Some other teams, yes. But not all of them. We're far from alone in having injuries and poor play out of our draft picks.

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

No because even when he wasn't he wasn't very affective,  and he gave the Bills the first game at Met Life last season.

Also yes we pay guys to play not sit on his ass.

Gave the Bills the first game?  Lol, ok.  Maybe if we had a QB who could throw him a pass.  Different argument, but there is no way anyone knows what he is or isn't other than to just bitch and moan

The last line is idiotic, only a fool feels a blown knee is sitting on your ass.  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He showed far less than our two UDFA and 7th round pick when he was healthy.  so yeah, terrible pick.

He showed pretty much similar results as those picks with Fitz throwing the ball.  

Want to see him with a QB who throws harder and farther than my sister

I dont know.

Smith looked okay in his first camp and then had his ribs broken on a nasty hit, and missed all of preseason. When he came back, it was clear that he and Fitz were rarely on the same page. And when Smith did get open, Fitz usually was looking in another direction. That being said, he was pretty passive last year - I'm not sure if that's a result of the rib injury, or the fact that he was pretty much a one dimensional streaker at Ohio State. And of course that fumble will not endear him to many fans.

But the guy missed another off season with the ACL, and has just really returned to practice. The Jets have WR depth - who gets deactivated so Smith sees the field? Maybe after Jalin's performance, the Jets look to Devin after the bye. I don't expect much from him this year, but if he can actually stay healthy and have his first full offseason with the team, it will be interesting to see how 2017 pans out.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He showed pretty much similar results as those picks with Fitz throwing the ball.  

Want to see him with a QB who throws harder and farther than my sister

Yeah marshall and decker had sh*t years last year with Fitz throwing.

this 100% totally lame excuse for poor Wr play because of the Qb is laughable. If we drafted a wr in the 2nd round that only runs 9 routes and can only be good running 9 routes then you are screwed.  He's shown virtually nothing so far and as I said before our two udfa and a 7ht rounder have all looked better than him,.  The curse of the 2nd round throw away picks.

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah marshall and decker had sh*t years last year with Fitz throwing.

this 100% totally lame excuse for poor Wr play because of the Qb is laughable. If we drafted a wr in the 2nd round that only runs 9 routes and can only be good running 9 routes then you are screwed.  He's shown virtually nothing so far and as I said before our two udfa and a 7ht rounder have all looked better than him,.  The curse of the 2nd round throw away picks.

Yeah, completely different type WRs.  If you didn't know that it's time to stop

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, completely different type WRs.  If you didn't know that it's time to stop

Yeah they are I agree, two are complete WRs; that can get open and run almost any pattern, one is a pure go route runner who can only be productive if he has a rocket arm QB apparently.  Oh and we already have an UDFA in anderson who looks better than Smith ever looked.

As a new player coming into this league there are two things you can't do, #1 turn the ball over at a bad time which he did for a td, and #2 get hurt, which he has done a few times.  He is currently behind three 1st year players in the pecking order do he had better be damn good next camp or he will get cut.

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah they are I agree, two are complete WRs; that can get open and run almost any pattern, one is a pure go route runner who can only be productive if he has a rocket arm QB apparently.  Oh and we already have an UDFA in anderson who looks better than Smith ever looked.

As a new player coming into this league there are two things you can't do, #1 turn the ball over at a bad time which he did for a td, and #2 get hurt, which he has done a few times.  He is currently behind three 1st year players in the pecking order do he had better be damn good next camp or he will get cut.

Agree, he has to reverse the trend of being injured.  But its early.  

But also, Anderson didnt look all that good, any better than the healthy Smith with Fitz at QB.  Guys who run fly patterns outrunning the D dont really match up with Fitzs skill set.  There is pretty much no chance he gets cut next camp if he shows up and stays healthy

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Anderson had a training camp and preseason and still looked bad the first few weeks.  But they let him get reps and play through all the drops.  Smith was way behind coming into the season last year.  He just needs to stay healthy and get his work in.

Just now, detectivekimble said:

Anderson had a training camp and preseason and still looked bad the first few weeks.  But they let him get reps and play through all the drops.  Smith was way behind coming into the season last year.  He just needs to stay healthy and get his work in.

Anderson looked like an UDF that needed work but had potential.

Smith looked like an UDFA that needed work but had potential.

Anderson turned some heads in camp and would have been cut otherwise.

Hey I hope the guy turns out, I don't hate him, he showed well in college, I just didn't see anything since he has turned pro to get me excited at all.

Archived