Quincy Enunwa is rapidly becoming the best WR on this team

ASH1962

48 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

Few years ago? Last year was arguably the best year of his career.. and to say Enunwa is definitely a lot more dangerous than Marshall with the ball in his hands.. there might not be a harder WR to bring down than Marshall after the catch.

Again, love Q, but those are some ludicrous statements.

You got it twisted. I love Marshall and what he has brought to the Jets and you are correct, Marshall had a awesome year last year but he is 32 and not getting any younger.   If you really think Marshall is more dangerous at this point in his career than Enunwa, then you are not paying attention.  Enunwa is almost as big and strong as Marshall and much faster.  There is no way Marshall is running past Dbs the way Enunwa did two weeks ago against the Ravens.  Marshall himself has raved about Enunwa and his development.  You can think it is ludicrous all you want but that is your issue, not mine. 

29 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Enunwa is on pace for over 1,000 yards with Ryan Fitztragic as his QB. You don't think that would be a little better if we had a franchise QB? 

Peake/Anderson could easily develop into an NFL caliber #2 WR, maybe even a #1. Just because they don't have big names and weren't drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean they can't be pro bowlers down the road. 

Not to mention we still don't know what we have in Jalin Marshall and Devin Smith. 

WR is the least of our teams needs going forward. 

That is the problem with some fans, they can't see past the present or use any imagination.  

20 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You got it twisted. I love Marshall and what he has brought to the Jets and you are correct, Marshall had a awesome year last year but he is 32 and not getting any younger.   If you really think Marshall is more dangerous at this point in his career than Enunwa, then you are not paying attention.  Enunwa is almost as big and strong as Marshall and much faster.  There is no way Marshall is running past Dbs the way Enunwa did two weeks ago against the Ravens.  Marshall himself has raved about Enunwa and his development.  You can think it is ludicrous all you want but that is your issue, not mine. 

Dude, there is no logical way you really think Enunwa is a more dangerous receiver than Marshall right now. I don't care that he's "32 and not getting any younger." He just had a CAREER YEAR last year, and right now even though he's not as statistically dominating, he's demanding double teams on literally every single play. Every single snap, defenses are looking for where #15 is to make sure he's not the guy to beat them. That's where guys like Q come in. The dominant #1 receiver gets all the attention, and Q steps up and takes advantage of the soft coverages sent his way.

You are making me feel like a bit of a Q hater right now, because I LOVE this kid.. but Marshall absolutely, 100% makes him better.

54 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Enunwa is on pace for over 1,000 yards with Ryan Fitztragic as his QB. You don't think that would be a little better if we had a franchise QB? 

Peake/Anderson could easily develop into an NFL caliber #2 WR, maybe even a #1. Just because they don't have big names and weren't drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean they can't be pro bowlers down the road. 

Not to mention we still don't know what we have in Jalin Marshall and Devin Smith. 

WR is the least of our teams needs going forward. 

Dude, Q is having success because of the pressure Marshall is taking off him. He's not a #1 receiver. Great complementary guy, not a #1.

2 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

Dude, there is no logical way you really think Enunwa is a more dangerous receiver than Marshall right now. I don't care that he's "32 and not getting any younger." He just had a CAREER YEAR last year, and right now even though he's not as statistically dominating, he's demanding double teams on literally every single play. Every single snap, defenses are looking for where #15 is to make sure he's not the guy to beat them. That's where guys like Q come in. The dominant #1 receiver gets all the attention, and Q steps up and takes advantage of the soft coverages sent his way.

You are making me feel like a bit of a Q hater right now, because I LOVE this kid.. but Marshall absolutely, 100% makes him better.

I would also add this. If you look at the way Anderson is built, the way he runs routes and the way he goes after the football in the air, he reminds me of Marvin Harrison .

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I would also add this. If you look at the way Anderson is built, the way he runs routes and the way he goes after the football in the air, he reminds me of Marvin Harrison .

I like him. I like all the WRs we currently have on this team.. but there's no way I go into a season with Q as my #1 and Peake as my #2 and feel happy about that based on what I've seen through 8 games. Need to see more.

I like him. I like all the WRs we currently have on this team.. but there's no way I go into a season with Q as my #1 and Peake as my #2 and feel happy about that based on what I've seen through 8 games. Need to see more.

Is that not I have been saying ? Marshall and Decker make excellent instructors for these kids . Marshall can teach Q how to best use that big body of his and Decker can show Peake the finer points of route running .

Thus far I think we have 2 excellent instructors and some quality students .

2 hours ago, JetUp91 said:

Q came into the league very  raw. Can you name me his qb at Nebraska? you probably can't because they had 3 different qbs that were run first type of guys or sucked. 

He then came into the nfl and was hurt his 1st year and was a hback/tight end/fb in his first full year.  

He came info this year as the number 3 option and only due to injury has he emerged.  I know you also like him but I personally don't think we've seen this kids ceiling yet.  Maybe it's this and he's only a really good number 2. But I see a talented and strong kid that keeps getting better and could be a number 1 down the road. 

3 hours ago, JetUp91 said:

No one said Marshall wasn't # but do you think Marshall is more dangerous a receiver at this point of his career? Enunwa is a threat to score from anywhere on the field.  Rather than argue back and forth why not just appreciate what Enunwa brings to the table. He is still on his rookie contract and getting better and better.  Marshall is a first ballot hall of famer and I absolutely loved the trade when it was made and even argued with idiots who made fun of his mental issues.  That does not change the fact Enunwa has improved  dramatically over last year and is continuing to trend up.  One of the reasons Marshall is always double teamed is also because Fitz has made a habit of locking in on him on almost every pass. 

33 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

No one said Marshall wasn't # but do you think Marshall is more dangerous a receiver at this point of his career? Enunwa is a threat to score from anywhere on the field.  Rather than argue back and forth why not just appreciate what Enunwa brings to the table. He is still on his rookie contract and getting better and better.  Marshall is a first ballot hall of famer and I absolutely loved the trade when it was made and even argued with idiots who made fun of his mental issues.  That does not change the fact Enunwa has improved  dramatically over last year and is continuing to trend up.  One of the reasons Marshall is always double teamed is also because Fitz has made a habit of locking in on him on almost every pass. 

Yes, Marshall is a much more dangerous receiver. Stop mentioning "at this point in this career" and his age because he's coming off a career year showing no signs of slowing up yet. Until further notice, Marshall is our most potent offensive weapon. If Q faced nearly as much defensive attention as Marshall is getting, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

This is not an indictment on Q. He's on his way up and he's doing exactly what he's needed to do; beat soft coverages when Marshall takes on the tougher stuff. That's fantastic. Lets just not blow it out of proportion and act like he's a more potent weapon than Marshall though. Marsh is key to everybody else doing well.

Yes, Marshall is a much more dangerous receiver. Stop mentioning "at this point in this career" and his age because he's coming off a career year showing no signs of slowing up yet. Until further notice, Marshall is our most potent offensive weapon. If Q faced nearly as much defensive attention as Marshall is getting, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

This is not an indictment on Q. He's on his way up and he's doing exactly what he's needed to do; beat soft coverages when Marshall takes on the tougher stuff. That's fantastic. Lets just not blow it out of proportion and act like he's a more potent weapon than Marshall though. Marsh is key to everybody else doing well.

Sorry we can agree to disagree. Marshall is more of a possession receiver now.   Enunwa is the more dangerous receiver and even Stevie Wonder can see that. 

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Sorry we can agree to disagree. Marshall is more of a possession receiver now.   Enunwa is the more dangerous receiver and even Stevie Wonder can see that. 

Possession receiver? Dude that is so mind boggling that you think that lol. Not only has Q seen much softer coverage than Marshall on literally every single game this year, he's been the beneficiary of more accurate passes from Fitz / Geno. Marshall has had to reach behind, reach forward, and he even went as far as turning a sure interception into a touchdown. That interception that Q broke up, Marshall turned into a touchdown. Same position, ball placement and everything.

I just wish they could switch spots for one game. Q would struggle mightily facing that type of coverage and Marshall would be running open up and down the field. Mind blowing that this is a tough concept to grasp.

1 hour ago, JetUp91 said:

Possession receiver? The that is so mind boggling that you think that lol. Not only has Q seen much softer coverage than Marshall on literally every single game this year, he's been the beneficiary of more accurate passes from Fitz / Geno. Marshall has had to reach behind, reach forward, and he even went as far as turning a sure interception into a touchdown. That interception that Q broke up, Marshall turned into a touchdown. Same position, ball placement and everything.

I just wish they could switch spots for one game. Q would struggle mightily facing that type of coverage and Marshall would be running open up and down the field. Mind blowing that this is a tough concept to grasp.

Okay now you are getting condescending. I grasp the concept just fine, thanks.  Marshall does not have top end speed any more and is more a slot and possession receiver who can also go up and get the ball at it's high point.  He also still has ability to run after the catch (but not as good as in the past).  There is no shame in saying that.  Of course if we had a qb who can get the ball in stride that would be great, because both Marshall and Enunwa would be even more effective. What is really mind blowing is your refusal to accept reality.  Earlier in his career I would agree with you but whether you want to face it or not time does catch up with all of us including Marshall.  He is still a great receiver but when he was younger he was absolutely incredible.  

You want to see Marshall at his best?  Here he is.    

8 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I agree with that for this year, but I think he may be ready to step in more a leadership role along with Decker next year.   Right now the spotlight is always on Marshall and I think Enunwa prefers it that way but he is starting to come into his own and with another season under his belt (and a better or at least stronger armed quarterback throwing him the ball) I think he will take that next step up as one of the best and most versatile receivers in the game (if he is not already). 

We keep Marshall for at least one more season.  It's a WR league as much as it is a QB league.  Having three very good WR's gives us an edge we just need to sign a QB who can actually make reads and throw.

22 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Last season he had a LOT of awful drops and only one big catch against the Patriots.  However this team dropped 3 out of 4 games while he was suspended.

This season he looks OUTSTANDING.  His rookie year was spent mostly on the practice squad but I guess Bowels saw something from him. 

I'll excuse any drops with Fitzpatrick softballs...EXCEPT when Marshall does his weekly "easy catch" drop(s).

BTW, **** Decker...he's been hurt more than healthy...

Archived